Skins/Header Images

A quick knock-up and palette swap for the logo design:

8-WAY4copy.jpg

8-WAY5.jpg

I don't have the talent to make big, cool images, but I'd like to demostrate my own idea through an art I can do, pixel art.

8wayrunheader.gif

If anyone likes it and would like to make it big you're more than welcome to do so and take full credit for it. Just throwing my idea out there.

I am loving these ideas so far.
pixel09
Br0ken_Engli5h

Eclair if you can get "8wayrun" in there some how you might just win this.

wow Br0ken_Engli5h, thats impressive. lol I'm kind of uneasy about posting up my work in progress now, but I'll do it anyway :confused:

8wayrun-header.png

please give as much advice and so on as you can! I need it! lol

I don't have the talent to make big, cool images, but I'd like to demostrate my own idea through an art I can do, pixel art.

8wayrunheader.gif

If anyone likes it and would like to make it big you're more than welcome to do so and take full credit for it. Just throwing my idea out there.

I think you'll get copyright issues with Nike there.

Thanks to Eclair for the stock images, I'm trying to incorporate the SE vs SC one in button/menu BGs as that's what's used in-game.

Anyways, here's version 0.02. :p

Light -

Dark -

Very top space is changeable for user-created banners / different characters, though the logo on the top left is constant throughout for consistency.

vB's default icons kind of wig out on dark backgrounds (see "What's Going On?"), so I'll have to mod 'em or make new ones for a dark scheme.

Thanks to Eclair for the stock images, I'm trying to incorporate the SE vs SC one in button/menu BGs as that's what's used in-game.

Light -

Dark -

Very top space is changeable for user-created banners / different characters, though the logo on the top left is constant throughout for consistency.

vB's default icons kind of wig out on dark backgrounds (see "What's Going On?"), so I'll have to mod 'em or make new ones for a dark scheme.

Those are awesome.

Then you might get a kick out of this:

This (With 2D char art instead of 3D render art) + 8WR written in the SCIV logo font + 2 Swords as background (where the brown space is) + a little transparency so you can barely see the 2 swords + Light (SC/White/Blue) /Dark (SE/Black/Red. Instead of SC's orb as the location of the changing images, make it SE's eye) themes = Perfection.

Love the idea of images changing depending on what is hovered over & each SA having their own header/banner image.

Light -

Dark -

I think the dark theme should have Soul Edge next to the 8WR logo, but it's great nonetheless.

That's really starting to come together, EM! Nice work.

Anyways, I've actually put my theme into vB at this point and have got it to a mostly usable state. I've removed the logo until I can think of something better.

Main thing now is changing icons.

Index:
http://xs130.xs.to/xs130/08334/1236.png

A set of posts:

And a shot to show a different char while in the SAs:

aw man, I am really starting to think I shouldn't bother anymore, because everybody elses images are awesome haha.

Wow... these are coming along great so far... ExMachina, I got some ideas for the header bar... I'm going to assume the header is a background image, with the 8WR logo and the navbar buttons being foreground images. If that is the case, you have a lot of unused space on the top right of each image. I figure this would be a GREAT spot for the "Welcome/Login Block".

Welcome, Jaxel.
You last visited: 2 Hours Ago at 01:37 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

This kind of information would be great in it's own box right there. If course, if the user is not logged in, it would instead be the login form just as it is. As well, the buttons are great too... We would need at least four.

If not logged in (with Login Block):
1) Home
2) Forums
3) Wiki
4) Register

If logged in (with Welcome Block):
1) Home
2) Forums
3) Wiki
4) Flashchat

Light -

Dark -

I'm really liking the 2nd one.

Anyways, I've actually put my theme into vB at this point and have got it to a mostly usable state. I've removed the logo until I can think of something better.

hey man, I noticed that my logo ended up being pretty similair to yours. You can use it if you want to, or at least take some ideas from it. I've decided that most of the people here are kind of out of my league so I'm not guna waste anymore time on this =)

good luck to the rest of you guys though!

hey man, I noticed that my logo ended up being pretty similair to yours. You can use it if you want to, or at least take some ideas from it. I've decided that most of the people here are kind of out of my league so I'm not guna waste anymore time on this =)

good luck to the rest of you guys though!

Yeah it did. I was actually thinking about making it just 8WR like yours so it could be square but really, some text + some arrows + emboss filter does not a great logo make. :p

So far, Jimbossa probably still has the best logo.

Yeah it did. I was actually thinking about making it just 8WR like yours so it could be square but really, some text + some arrows + emboss filter does not a great logo make. :p

So far, Jimbossa probably still has the best logo.

haha for true, for true.

Back