So....Setsuka Players....

You do bring insight to the weapon, and I can say that I agree with it.

Even her SC3 stage brought such a beautiful presentation towards her character.

If anything I were to blame at how Setsuka is represented (or more like treated) now, I blame SCIV and the horrible story on that one.

Poor Setsuka fans. Now you know how I feel bout Mina having been replaced by a little boy who's always hungry. And even then Xiba is probably not much like her in terms of move set.

So at least you Setsuka players have her style, but I know it's not the same as having the whole package. I didn't like Setsuka but at least I can relate.

I think i have mastered setsuka in Soul calibur 4.It is over am i going for Natsu ?No just kidding...I am glad to see that i am not the only one who is wondering about how and why Patroklos uses that set move.The creation mode however with kimonos will be amazing.I just regret the fact that setsuka did not left a disciple just like Taki did.It would have assured her ....humm immortality :)
Poor Setsuka fans. Now you know how I feel bout Mina having been replaced by a little boy who's always hungry. And even then Xiba is probably not much like her in terms of move set.

So at least you Setsuka players have her style, but I know it's not the same as having the whole package. I didn't like Setsuka but at least I can relate.

It is really getting emotional

Yeah, story wise the Pat and Sets connection huge head scratcher. Reminds me of those move swap hacks. Yeah I agree with the cynics, Project Soul just ran out of time to implement her so they said "Oh fuck this" and slapped her fighting style to a random boss character.

Maybe they did it so they can keep her style and their was no reason for her to stay in the story? They probably did it as a fan service, but they could have just included a older, wiser, and much more skillful Setsuka...

I love setsuka's soul calibur III design. the whole heart motif was cool, and she was visually dynamic. At least for me.

Then the whole SC III additions (Tira, Zas, Setsuka) got new lazy SCIV 1p outfits. They basically reversed their SCIII 1p and 2p in IV and called it a day (with some tweaks, and Setsuka has no Japanese look as 2p)

Interestingly enough, Patroklos' (and α Pat too of course) English voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Lowenthal is married to Setsuka's English voice actor Tara Platt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Platt. Kinda trippy eh?
Stuff like that is pretty common, actually. I guess voice actors tend to recommend other voice actors that they happen to be married to. For example, Ellen McLain and her husband John Patrick Lowrie both did like a billion voices for various Valve games (most famously her as GladOS and him as the Sniper).

You know...in the lst couple of months...I've lost my dog and now Sets...the world is without two bad bitches. :(

But, if he was trained by sets, I can dig it.

Family: Pyrrha is his older sister. He was told that his mother Sophitia had passed away. His father Rothion passed away due to illness. He was taught by Setsuka.
I love how they included that as a casual footnote /sarcasm. This makes zero sense XD Even Sophie and Sets had nothing to do with each other! I think they just needed a quick fix to cover their ass...

However, the style itself seems like fun :)

Where was he raised? Obviously, not by his parents cos his father's dead and he was told his mother was dead. He may have crossed paths with Setsuka while growing up...

This is just dumb.

I would have shrugged if Setsuka's soul was absorbed by SC and then passed onto Patroklos. But this is mere randomness. How come their training does not show in his original fighting style at all? How come he suddenly switches styles? He could just as well have been taught by Zasalamel, Cassandra, Talim or Father Smurf.

Gosh, PS. I bet that in the next game, they'll give Patroklos his usual style and state that he suffers from partial amnesia and forgot all about Setsuka's training.

This is the most disappointing story blurb aside from Mitsubro not being included.

This is just dumb.

I would have shrugged if Setsuka's soul was absorbed by SC and then passed onto Patroklos. But this is mere randomness. How come their training does not show in his original fighting style at all? How come he suddenly switches styles? He could just as well have been taught by Zasalamel, Cassandra, Talim or Father Smurf.

Gosh, PS. I bet that in the next game, they'll give Patroklos his usual style and state that he suffers from partial amnesia and forgot all about Setsuka's training.

This is the most disappointing story blurb aside from Mitsubro not being included.

Or the more likely scenario (and what will probably happen) is that next game Pat will just use battoujutsu with some of his vanilla moves thrown in.

If you play Story Mode, it clearly states that:
The battoujutsu Setsuka taught him IS his original fighting style. He used Alexandra stuff later on after learning about how his mother fought, to try and emulate her. Original Pat is basically a front, a false persona that Siegfried and Z.W.E.I. literally beat out of him and teach him to be true to himself. After he does that he uses his real style, the battoujutsu Setsuka taught him, and kicks Z.W.E.I.'s ass.

Back