So....Setsuka Players....

Under the armor, Patroklos true gender is revealed.

I'm actually surprised that a lot of people say it's a good thing they erased the umbrella.
Honestly to me it feels like Namco had to hurry to get the game ready so they added some semi-chars like alpha patroklos and the others ...

The umbrella was kind of a unique feature and reducing it to a simple sword (like there aren't enough of those already) is kind of like reducing ivy to her sword stance. It would love to see the reactions when that happens.

Also I don't get why people think her story should be any lamer compared to mitsu's for example.
He's just looking for a fight basically...

She's looking for both revenge and the perfection of wielding a sword. I personally liked that last part since the style and precision of her moves kind of reflected that.
So to me Setsuka >>>>>> alpha patroklos.

I don't think her story is "lame". It's probably better than Mitsurugi's when she appeared.

However:
1. She would be holding a grudge if she still fulfilled the task 17 years later.
2. Her ending was like a hint that she wouldn't be appearing again, deciding not to exact revenge on Mitsurugi anymore. Why would she wait 17 years later to change her mind?

Unless they give her a completely different story, her chances of a replacement were possible, but......it seems it's quite slim now.

Her ending in broken destiny revealed she gave up on revenge as she put down her sword and umbrella. Alpha Pat is pretty amazing from the videos I've seen so I'm glad her style lives on. The question is how and where did Patsuka learned all the Setsuka moves???

Her ending in broken destiny revealed she gave up on revenge as she put down her sword and umbrella. Alpha Pat is pretty amazing from the videos I've seen so I'm glad her style lives on. The question is how and where did Patsuka learned all the Setsuka moves???

wikipedia.

setsukascv.png

U mad?
you know what's funny? In the Iliad of Homer, there's another young man named Patroklos and he pretty much acts like a woman because he's submissive and cries

I'm glad that the style is in the game. The character itself could be a giant green blob and I wouldn't care as long as the style is the same.

Well then, why isn't Setsuka in Soul Calibur 5 because if there is character creation mode in this as well i would create one out of Bartz from Final Fantasy 5 and have him use her weapons and move because you know that he is afried of height right? So he needs the umbrella as a parashoot so that way he won't have to be scared and also no Talim? no Rock? no Taki because i was wondering if she and Misturugi forgave each other and fall in love got married and have children. Oh and unknown999, why do you have the hots for Setsuka and some of you her have a daughter and she was killed and she trust Taki to raise the child? C'mon i don't think Taki likes Setsuka and just for your info i beleive she is one of the bad guys in the actual story another of Nightmare's followers.

What I still can't comprehend is how the F did Patty did learn Setsy's style just by holding that goddamned sword? Did Soul Calibur really ate Setsuka and absorbed her style?

I really like the idea of Alphatroklos, but I think they could have inserted Patroklos' style combined with other styles of several characters, including Setsuka.

I don't think she cares for his attention but his death.
"Prepare to die Mitsurugi...? Mitsurugi?! PAY ATTENTION TO ME, GAWD."
"Huh? Sorry, bitch, trying to beat this really STRONG guy than to pay attention to a broad like you."
"(;A;)"

Mitsurugi isn't paying any mind of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge in this game, as I've noticed.

He doesn't even appear in the story mode. Not once.

"Prepare to die Mitsurugi...? Mitsurugi?! PAY ATTENTION TO ME, GAWD."
"Huh? Sorry, bitch, trying to beat this really STRONG guy than to pay attention to a broad like you."
"(;A;)"

You can replace the word "Mitsurugi" with "Algol", and you have Mitsurugi's storyline in SC5.

Yay, sexism.

Interestingly, a lot of players who don't seem to care for her are also somewhat excited or intrigued to play her style with a male character.

This.

I'll definetely try aPat, since I already know his moveset is strong. And the added bonus is that it's no longer attached to an umbrella. :P

If i recall setsuka´style had a story.It was called tsushima shinden ryu Battojutsu in Soul calibur 3 and she inherited it from her master,who was by the way ,killed by mitsurugi the ,vagabond?.What we don´t exactly know is if she was using it exactly like her master did.In fact,it is not sure whether he used an umbrella or not.
So arguing about the umbrella being"gay" is a little bit useless.Setsuka was a flower and should have remained feminine.In the sense of asian beauty,not a western one like(ouh my goodess Ivy?! Lol no charm at all)
Alphapatroklos is not even asian.Or maybe is the alpha for asian.How come he mastered a so traditional ,japanese and secret art of his own.It is just another incoherence.Samurai´s style were always inherited! .
Maybe the umbrella style we used to see was a variant developped by setsuka. The final stage was to reach the so called" dIVINe sPEEd".That´s why we the mirror blade counters were so fast.Special mention for the third stage(when she said: "Can you dodge this?").
It is just a mess,that a random guy who uses a sword and a shield comes out from nowhere and takes the whole myth down.It may sound strange for a lot of people here((fans lol) who just care about the"moves" and "the frames data" but i ,personally, have been playing SC only for the story,then at some point i realised that the gameplay was more fascinating than Dead or Alive(3,Ult and 4 my favorites) and Tekken 6.Again sc4 story mode was average not to say bad.But setsuka´s gameplay was interesting enough to keep me training during all those years.
Anyway what do you think about Dead or Alive 5 ???:))

"The buster shade and winter funeral were my best weapons"...Why does nobody here remember the names of the techniques?It is just sad because with Setsuka,remembering the names made you stronger!

Back