Soul Calibur 4 National Results

Taking so much time explaining somebody he's worse than you. WOW just WOW. no matter what you say this is very disrespectful to your opponents. I'll say no more.

Taking so much time explaining somebody he's worse than you. WOW just WOW. no matter what you say this is very disrespectful to your opponents. I'll say no more.

Wait is this targeted towards me? If so where did I say anyone was worse than me in this thread at all if this is towards me because thorughout this thread I said I believe i'm on par if not better than most and that the top competitors in this game is a toss up at future tournaments. Thats the way I see it.

In the previous post I was just explaining belief systems that could possibly be a problem since this is all mental more than anything.

So I hope thats not targeted towards me cause if it is I have no idea where u are coming from.

Regardless it doesn't matter as the French know I have the utmost respect for them and any of my competitors in general. I have had the time to understand them both as people and competitors. So regardless of any misunderstandings its all good.

What if we have .... say Mr. A who plays best when he's relaxed and Mr. B who plays best when something's on the line?

What if we have .... say Mr. A who plays best when he's relaxed and Mr. B who plays best when something's on the line?

...or what if we have a group of people who are all equal in the eyes of the most efficiently run tournament at Nationals?

(^_^)y

*GONG*

gong.gif

Look let the guy live lol. He only feels like he can try his best if he has something on the line important to him. It's different per person / region / etc. You just don't guess the same, think, and even your posture is different. Some things just mean more to each person, people do try their hardest in FT5's/10's just other things factor in.

just popping in to say that Arturo used Dhalsim in the MM, Daigo specifically said no console characters except Cammy & Sakura

And i think Daigo's rules were FT3 for between $20-50, and FT5 for $50-100. FT5 with Arturo was $100, and the FT3 he lost to Ryan Hart was $50. He still won close to $900 total in MMs I think.

Well damn $900 from MM's and he lost two for a total of $150. That's insane and he won the tournament for 7kish. Thats a beast. So he left there a winner in MM's by a large margin and won the tournament. I don't think no one can question him even if u hate him.

MJ: that would have to be like, mkay, everyone plays everyone until everyone HAS played everyone event! lol ..which would be sick!!, but all high level competitors would have to attend this event for it to be accurate/precise and proly weekly to see how the turn out is after each event for yearly ladder/chart statistics.

People sometimes screw around in casuals. Why is everybody acting like casuals are so important? They really aren't. To me, they are to kill time until the tournament. I almost never take them seriously unless I'm doing a FT5 w/somebody I haven't played before.

JustKill: Round Robin FTW.

Nori: To screw around in casuals is disrespectful to your opponent.
And to those who are waiting in line to play, especially so since from what I've observed, you guys tend to play FT3 at the minimum. That's 10 minutes to 15 minutes of waiting while someone screws around with the game.

Note that I'm talking about casual play at the tournament here. If it's at a private gathering with your friends, I don't care.

Note that I'm talking about casual play at the tournament here. If it's at a private gathering with your friends, I don't care.
I guess I should have specified that, cause that's what I meant. If I have played before and there isn't people waiting to play, then I'm usually not taking it seriously unless it's FT5. However, since time was limited at Nats, I took every casual match seriously. I can't speak for anybody else, but I didn't know when I would play any of you again. The only person I didn't play seriously w/was DevilJim at my hotel, cause he lives an hour away from me.

Well I guess its different strokes for different folks because I know $20 is enough for me to take it seriously. Nowadays its hard to laugh at that kind of cash unless your rich. Maybe when I get my degree in like 2 years then I can throw that around lol. Yeah I heard about that Daigo match. It happens though and sometimes u lose (plus its Seth). All the MM's from what I heard was his rules so i'm positive he took them seriously and so did his competitors since its Daigo who is overall the best SFIV player even though he loses to some. Also in tournaments don't forget brackets play a role in sometimes moving forward. Ex. I am 100% positive I would have taken Nats if Thugish was not in my way. He keeps ruining things lol. It's possible that with such close results in that MM Arturo could have taken him out in the tournament as well. In the end these are what if's and it doesn't matter but it helps explain the value of the MM discrepancies.

All of the above except unexampled because I have been doing it for awhile over in the Tri-State. In fact my lack of Hilde play in a long time has my reflexes hampered. Against Hilde I can manage short intense bursts against her under pressure. After a while reflexes start to burn out. Lol! In general my anti-Hilde is reacting to her charges which takes alot of focus which is not something u can just casually keep up.

Lame DragonBallZ analogy ~ It's like going Super Saiyan 3 and can only maintain it for so long.
lol im sorry but i was just joking, i couldnt help it. btw all those are synonyms for unique.

I think people are missing what was the issue here.

When competitors are playing each other in a FT5 lets say at Nats or whatever gathering they are playing to play including me. It's not like hey i'm just gonna fool around like an idiot and be random for no reason.

The correct form of competition is there at all times. The main thing is that because in that particular competitors head they know its not a tournament or a MM different things are being done attempting to win the set. Your playing seriously but your trying things etc whether it be unintentional or intentional. Its still serious.

To prove my point though lets say your in a tournament. Things change your gonna stick with ur guns and what u feel is the safest and most effective at all times and adapt accordingly in that matchup. Because ur doing anything that it takes to win becuase u want to move on in that bracket and win money, 1st place bragging rights etc.

The main issue which has been resolved with me and Saitoh is just a simple misunderstanding due to country differences/culture.

Again in my eyes I simply don't take matches absolutely seriously unless there is something on the line even when I attempt to.

On the other hand the French do at all times.

So what there is here is a misunderstanding. Nothing more nothing less. Therefore it takes nothing away from either competitor.

So in the case of me vs. Saitoh u scrap both the MM and the FT5 and re-establish next time the understanding and circumstances of the match in the future.

In the end some will be a drama queen about the situation and some will understand where each player is coming from.

What will always be full proof though is the results from the tournament as its a tournament and every competitor should be prepared. No excuses for that one or misunderstandings.

So just for opinion sake does what i'm saying make sense to anyone.

Good shit to Damien (okay u da best. now come play me in SC3: E.E again please hehe), Omar (I really glad u were able to make it. Glad the money situation got worked out yo. WHERE'S MY DAMN SPRITE hehe???), Jimmy, Bret, and Bill (GO! GO! Wisconsin haha).

Glad to see u guys did well at Nationals.

ESOM, WHAT HAPPENED MY NIGGA??? :(

I could have sworn you were gonna take the whole bloody tournament. :ULTRASADFACE:

Guess you can't retire yet. :(

Back