Soul Calibur 5: Resurrect a Soul

You know i hate that "nightmarish" like hand he has and the green skin.

Lol, I'd prefer something less garish myself, cool at the time however, always prefered it to the orange... Well if he could get himself into CaS you could make him any colour you like, I think I'd go for black myself as a start, for the skin...

You know i hate that "nightmarish" like hand he has and the green skin.

The skin can be different but whats wrong with the arm? He has absorbed soul edge so the arm is the sign. The orange Necrid was better looking and a lot more "15th century" The green one looks more Tekken-ish.

I've read though a lot of "professional" gamer companies didn't like him. They thought he looked "silly" or "Shitty" of course IGN and gamespot said that though...

I yet to understand all the Necrid Hate, I don't like his "borrowed" movsets though, it seems pointless. All characters except weapon masters should have their own style.

Necrid_alt_Soul_Calibur_II.jpg

hmm never noticed that mask, thats a cool feature, still not convinced about the orange though lol.

As for the arm, I'd say it's a point of similarity to NM, essential part of the design imo

To me, the logic of "this character doesn't deserve to return because he/she's cheap and n00b-friendly" is about as selfish and unreasonable as "I hate this character, so remove him from the next game." But that's beside the point.

Li Long I feel got shafted. I just want to see the poor guy get closure and actually return to his family for his final ending rather than just dying; it seems unfair that everyone in the SC canon gets a happy ending or meets their goal but him, and giving the tortured soul some relief would end That, and bringing back/expanding upon his SCIII:AE edition moveset that actually makes him distinguishable from Maxi would be a welcome addition.

The same virtually goes for Hwang, but mostly for the fanservice of re-introducing a character whose seems ever-present story-wise in the form of the other Korean characters, yet whose presence is completely ignored in other respects. Maybe he should stand up and stop/team up with that red-haired fool himself or at least play more than a background role.

Imitation characters are an odd group; I like them, yet I feel in the next installment they would have no justifiable purpose for being there, unless Olcadan's still running his training dojo. Edge Master seems to fit the NPC role well as Kilik's old master, and Charade's better off remaining part of Soul Edge. But eh, take that as you will.

Hwang should be revamped. We don't want anymore cloning, even if Hwang was the original to begin with. Even if Hwang kept his moveset, and they ended up revamping Yun-seong, that wouldn't be too bad either. Just make sure Hwang doesn't copy too much.

I want Revenant to return, and actually be playable, and as an official character. All Revenant needs is a few nips and tucks to his moveset, a few extra moves/grapples, and that guarding glitch fixed. I would also like new characters to use the steel fan, and lance style. Make their movesets original, and such.

Hwang should be revamped. We don't want anymore cloning, even if Hwang was the original to begin with. Even if Hwang kept his moveset, and they ended up revamping Yun-seong, that wouldn't be too bad either. Just make sure Hwang doesn't copy too much.

I want Revenant to return, and actually be playable, and as an official character. All Revenant needs is a few nips and tucks to his moveset, a few extra moves/grapples, and that guarding glitch fixed. I would also like new characters to use the steel fan, and lance style. Make their movesets original, and such.

I STILL stand by my suggestion of "upgrading him" to duo Board Swords. so yeung Sung gets one and hwang uses 2,

(the guy using Duo Hammers would be cool for a new character style too.)

Requests for Hwang seems to be the general consensus however looking back I would say if they were to bring him back, it should be strictly as a bonus character (ala Soul Calibur 3). Unless this is a dream match game, he can't be relevant to the story(ies) in any way. However I would like them to bring back Arthur from Soul Calibur 3, because for goodness sake the Mitsurugi/Taka saga was dumb. Mitsurugi/Hwang from Soul Blade was much better. Throw in a back story for Arthur to give someone for Mitsurugi to feud with. Create a new character for Taki (someone from the Fu-Ma Clan or even Toki himself.)

The Clones: characters that shared a lot of moves with another character in their early appearences

This comment alone made me not want to read the rest of the post lol........HWANG IS NOT A CLONE!

For those of you that where only introduced to the game from SC2 and above let me break it down for you.....

Kilik is a CLONE of Seong-Mina
Astaroth is a CLONE of Rock
Yun Seong is a CLONE of Hwang
X is a CLONE of Hwang (yes, Hwang had two clones)
Nightmare is a CLONE of Siegfried
Yoshimitsu is a CLONE of Mitsurugi
Maxi is a CLONE of Li Long
Lizard Man is a CLONE of Sophitia
Cassandra is a CLONE of Sophitia (yep, she has two clones)

So going by the definition of what people define as clones (having similar attacks of the other characters) then these are the real clones. I never understood why so many original characters where removed from the game and then brought back.

This comment alone made me not want to read the rest of the post lol........HWANG IS NOT A CLONE!

For those of you that where only introduced to the game from SC2 and above let me break it down for you.....

Kilik is a CLONE of Seong-Mina
(Kilik had moves that seong mina steals from him actually)

Astaroth is a CLONE of Rock
(Astaroth and Rock are Very different)

Yun Seong is a CLONE of Hwang
(more like replacing)

Nightmare is a CLONE of Siegfried
(Sc3 split them up drastically and it was said Nightmare uses moves remembered from Seig)

Yoshimitsu is a CLONE of Mitsurugi
(Not even close)

Maxi is a CLONE of Li Long
(more like a replacement)

Lizard Man is a CLONE of Sophitia
(Mix of Casandra, Sophitia and some of his own)

Cassandra is a CLONE of Sophitia (yep, she has two clones)
(Originally a replacement)

So going by the definition of what people define as clones (having similar attacks of the other characters) then these are the real clones. I never understood why so many original characters where removed from the game and then brought back.

Similarities aren't that bad, I mean DBZ games have a lot worse cloning. However "Copy/Paste"
character are a far worse problem, like The SC4 "Guests" were just gender swaps of standing characters.

In the initial arcade version of Soul Edge, Hwang was a palette swap of Mitsurugi for Korean markets (like Arthur in Korean version of SC arcade). In later arcade version, he got his own movelist (like 3AAB, 46K, 1B, etc), but still shared many of Mitsurugi's moves. In the first Soul Calibur he shared some moves with Xianghua, but still had his own staple moves.

All the characters changed SO much in the transition from Soul Edge (Soul Blade) to Soul Calibur so it's hard to tell, if the new characters were clones of the old ones or did the old ones become clones of the new ones. Well, you could look at their weapons and see which axeman/swordsman/sword+shield gurl were in the series first, but I'm talking about their moves. For example: Soul Calibur Kilik is completely different from Soul Blade Seong Mina. SC Kilik and SC Mina are quite similar, but SC Mina still has some unique stuff (like 66KKK, 4A, 6AK, A+K, 9B+K, etc etc) and so does SC Kilik (A+K, 4B, monument, etc etc). But in SC they share many moves and they got that stuff at the same time (except, I don't remember if Mina was playable in the first version of SC arcade). But all in all, to me this whole "who's clone of who" talk is completely pointless. If two or three characters have studied the same style of fighting (Alexandra sisters and the guy who later became Lizardman), of course they will have similarities. To me, that's ok. But would I like it, if the game had 20 samurai characters fighting with Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu style? Probably no.

Sorry about the possible off topic post.

Characters like Lizardman have risen above being clones... Whoever said Yoshi was a clone of Mitsu, for shame, unless samurai made some leaps in genetics I'm not aware of...

Characters like Kilik, Yun, X or Maxi were never simply clones, though they ended up stealing their originals thunder eventually...

Less of that in the next game pleeease...

Also, Edgemaster and Charade need to represent. And I'm still standing by Necrid... I'll hold off on posting the green pic again lol

The skin can be different but whats wrong with the arm? He has absorbed soul edge so the arm is the sign. The orange Necrid was better looking and a lot more "15th century" The green one looks more Tekken-ish.

I've read though a lot of "professional" gamer companies didn't like him. They thought he looked "silly" or "Shitty" of course IGN and gamespot said that though...

I yet to understand all the Necrid Hate, I don't like his "borrowed" movsets though, it seems pointless. All characters except weapon masters should have their own style.

Necrid_alt_Soul_Calibur_II.jpg

Necrrids arm was imo heavily inspired by nightmares mutated arm. That was enough to piss me off.

Characters like Lizardman have risen above being clones... Whoever said Yoshi was a clone of Mitsu, for shame, unless samurai made some leaps in genetics I'm not aware of...

Characters like Kilik, Yun, X or Maxi were never simply clones, though they ended up stealing their originals thunder eventually...

Less of that in the next game pleeease...

Also, Edgemaster and Charade need to represent. And I'm still standing by Necrid... I'll hold off on posting the green pic again lol

I don't think we need Both cherade, edgmaster. They should give cherade his own style.

Valeria and Lynette.

Blade shoes and tambourines are the most hillariously awesome weapon styles ever.

Similarities aren't that bad, I mean DBZ games have a lot worse cloning. However "Copy/Paste"
character are a far worse problem, like The SC4 "Guests" were just gender swaps of standing characters.

I'm not gonna reply to every parenthesis that you put so i'll just say this.

If you going in chronoligical order to the games, you'll see why I made that list.

If you see the first Sung Mina (before the seong mina) you'll see they had alot of the same move set, but Seong Mina was introduced first.

Seriously, how can anyone say anyone be a clone if they where created first? That's like fuckin' a bitch, her having your baby boy, and you being called the clone of your son.

Also yes Yoshi was a clone of Mitsu, but they developed him in a way where he didn't have the same move sets. Call me a liar? Play the first soul calibur and test they move sets and see if they aren't pretty similar (44K, 66B, 11BAB, etc.)

I'm not gonna reply to every parenthesis that you put so i'll just say this.

If you going in chronoligical order to the games, you'll see why I made that list.

If you see the first Sung Mina (before the seong mina) you'll see they had alot of the same move set, but Seong Mina was introduced first.

Seriously, how can anyone say anyone be a clone if they where created first? That's like fuckin' a bitch, her having your baby boy, and you being called the clone of your son.

Also yes Yoshi was a clone of Mitsu, but they developed him in a way where he didn't have the same move sets. Call me a liar? Play the first soul calibur and test they move sets and see if they aren't pretty similar (44K, 66B, 11BAB, etc.)

I already know this, I was just correcting often misconceptions I've heard before.

For Hwang's sake:

How many sword users are there ?

Sword only:
Yunsung
Xianghua
Mitsurugi
Cerventes (european theme)
Raphael (european theme)
Amy (european theme)
Nightmare (not exactly comparable to hwang or potential hwang moveset)
Siegfried (not exactly comparable to hwang or potential hwang moveset)

Then there are:
Sophitia (primarily, then with shield)
Cassandra (primarily, then with shield)
Hilde (supplements the lance)

I'm not going to consider Setsuka, taki and yoshi.

So the point is there are a LOT of current sword styles, so for hwang's sake, perhaps he may return but without a sword-based moveset? I'm not familiar with korea's historical weapons but it's going to be similar to the chinese weapons. I understand there are many different types of swords and styles so it is concievable that hwang returns with a sword.

And the whole two broadsword style is going to seriously encroach on cerventes's moveset.

He's either going to get only a slight upgrade (and retain some "out-of-date" animations) just to keep the people familiar with him happy, which imo is not improvement, but appeasement. I pray that hwang doesn't return as a "yunsung with less kicks".

Anyways, the whole SC2 design mentality was 1) weapon first 2) then background information means that the hwang as an individual is less important than his weapon and moveset, so an overhaul to keep the hwang in calibur continuity makes sense to me.

As much as everyone hates the bonus characters I have a strange soft spot for them and would like some of them to return bigger and better.
Shura(my personal favorite, own moveset, badass rival for Ivy)
Kamikarimusi(own moveset, we need demons! a friendly demon would be cool idea)
Ashlotte(own moveset, I liked the idea of a robot in the soul series)
Miser(I like bad girls)
luna(I love Anti heroes)
valeria(It was cool having a place to go to and buy things, I thought the grives could have beem fun if had been built on in SC4)
Li long(He needs to come back! Two nunchucks awesome!)
hwang(Miss this guy!)
Strife(as a joke character.)
Bangoo!!(rock likes this)

Back