Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Patroklos as a character. He's meant to be disliked, but a main character who is arrogant at first is refreshing, and in comparison to Pyrrha, at least he isn't boring. He eventually redeems himself anyway. His battle quotes and smug face are also funny to me.

As for SCVI, the franchise might as well be dead if nothing will get announced this year.
Well to be more fair, Pat was manipulated by his lust for vengeance against Tira and the malfested for kidnapping Pyrrha which let him become tricked by Dumas/Nightmare into killing innocent civilians, which prevented him from seeing the bigger picture of what was really going on.

I personally see Pat as starting off as a flawed protagonist that was unable to accept the reality of things until his own sins came staring right at him in the form of Pyrrha as a malfested, only for him to wisen up and get his priorities straight without his grief over Pyrrha and his hatred of the malfested clouding his judgement.

Pat isn't perfect I can agree to that, but I feel he does his job fine.

I just remember this trailer, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Soulcalibur. The last part really stands out, saying its famous motto "The legend will never die". I feel like that's a tease for the future, because clearly they're referring to the series with that. I just wonder how much longer are they gonna keep us waiting.

I like Patroklos as a character. He's meant to be disliked, but a main character who is arrogant at first is refreshing, and in comparison to Pyrrha, at least he isn't boring. He eventually redeems himself anyway. His battle quotes and smug face are also funny to me.

As for SCVI, the franchise might as well be dead if nothing will get announced this year.
He is a Siegfried rip off( did horrible things to humans) with a "troll" face and attitude most of the time... Even his fighting stance is pure bullsh*t and he is SUPER easy to play... What a joke.... He is MUCH more likeable and serious as alpha imo, even though He ripped of Setukas style... But whatever

He is a Siegfried rip off( did horrible things to humans) with a "troll" face and attitude most of the time... Even his fighting stance is pure bullsh*t and he is SUPER easy to play... What a joke.... He is MUCH more likeable and serious as alpha imo, even though He ripped of Setukas style... But whatever

He would be a Siegfried rip-off if he looked like him and did exactly the same things as him, which isn't the case. His fighting stance looks fine and fits his character. Him being easy to play is irrelevant...

I just remember this trailer, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Soulcalibur. The last part really stands out, saying its famous motto "The legend will never die". I feel like that's a tease for the future, because clearly they're referring to the series with that. I just wonder how much longer are they gonna keep us waiting.
Remember that a legend is something that might or might not have been true, the legend might never die, but that doesn't mean the story will continue! (Yeah I'm optimistic I know)

He would be a Siegfried rip-off if he looked like him and did exactly the same things as him, which isn't the case. His fighting stance looks fine and fits his character. Him being easy to play is irrelevant...
He is a rip off... "A young BLOND guy from EUROPE, tricked by and evil force, doing horrible things and then seeks redemption"... Does that NOT sound familiar? And his stance just adds up to his "sillynes" and him being super easy to play is just the tip on the iceberg.

I remember when we could actually look forward to SC knowing it would come because it was an actual thing before SCV killed it. Thanks Daishi. Now we have to pray for an announcement five years after release. Goddammit, this is like waiting for DOA5 all over again.

Isn't Patroklos the guy who could go back in time because he regretted killing his sister with no explanation of the power itself whatsoever. I think that his story and his sisters ended when they said that they wanted to live together happily for the rest of their lives. They both seemed like they didn't want to fight anymore.

I'd rather have Siegfried , the return of an older reoccurring character or a completely new protagonist for SCVI. A Son or Daughter of Siegfried and Hilde would be cool.

No more successors, please.

I believe that successors are okay as long as they get a chance to be in a game alongside their predecessors or shown off in their predecessors story briefly to show off how they will play a role going forward. SCV was like here is new characters and accept them just because. Amy was able to be shown off with Raphael , then became playable herself and gained her own popularity that surpassed even Raphael's. I appreciate a successor that isn't forced down the throat.

I believe that successors are okay as long as they get a chance to be in a game alongside their predecessors or shown off in their predecessors story briefly to show off how they will play a role going forward. SCV was like here is new characters and accept them just because. Amy was able to be shown off with Raphael , then became playable herself and gained her own popularity that surpassed even Raphael's. I appreciate a successor that isn't forced down the throat.
Nope. They had one chance and they blew it. It'd be impossible to continue in that direction without adding more fuel to the fire, especially with the increasing backlash that SCV has gotten over the years. I can't believe there are still people advocating for successors after all this time.

Also, Daishi was the one who made the shift and he left, while Hoshino prefers the older over the new.

I'd rather have Siegfried , the return of an older reoccurring character or a completely new protagonist for SCVI. A Son or Daughter of Siegfried and Hilde would be cool.
I'd prefer more mature version of Cassandra to be next protagonist. No more son, daughter, whatever BS. They still should be a part of the story, just not a focus of it.
Remember that a legend is something that might or might not have been true, the legend might never die, but that doesn't mean the story will continue!
"Its great legend shall never be forgotten... rest in peace" - sounds like a good epitaph for me.

Nope. They had one chance and they blew it. It'd be impossible to continue in that direction without adding more fuel to the fire, especially with the increasing backlash that SCV has gotten over the years. I can't believe there are still people advocating for successors after all this time.

Also, Daishi was the one who made the shift and he left, while Hoshino prefers the older over the new.
Who are you to say they only had one chance?
In case you didn't know, Natsu appeared Project X Zone 2 when they could easily have used any of the "classic" characters. And guess what? They actually gave her enough characterization for her to win over some fans.

Not only that, but characters like Patroklos and Pyrrha still appeared in spin-off titles like Lost Swords and Patchislot. If they were really serious about "returning the series to it's roots" or "pleasing the fans", they would dropped those characters entirely and never let them reappear in anything, not even spin-offs.

If Natsu in PXZ 2 is any indication, these characters are not beyond redemption and should be given another chance.

Who are you to say they only had one chance?
In case you didn't know, Natsu appeared Project X Zone 2 when they could easily have used any of the "classic" characters. And guess what? They actually gave her enough characterization for her to win over some fans.

Not only that, but characters like Patroklos and Pyrrha still appeared in spin-off titles like Lost Swords and Patchislot. If they were really serious about "returning the series to it's roots" or "pleasing the fans", they would dropped those characters entirely and never let them reappear in anything, not even spin-offs.

If Natsu in PXZ 2 is any indication, these characters are not beyond redemption and should be given another chance.
Somehow I don't think Lost Swords and Pachislot mean much, also those games are universally hated by fans. Oh, and Hoshino had absolutely nothing to do with PXZ2 so that point is moot.

I remember when we could actually look forward to SC knowing it would come because it was an actual thing before SCV killed it. Thanks Daishi. Now we have to pray for an announcement five years after release. Goddammit, this is like waiting for DOA5 all over again.

First of all, Ōdashima Daishi killed nothing.

Secondly, your posts give me the impression that you have been waiting for Soul Calibur's VI announcement shortly after the fifth installment which is silly. Why?

Let's look around for examples and find out the time frame between two main or "canon", as many people say, titles.
  • Tekken 6 console version was released in 2009 if I am not mistaken. Tekken 7 is around the corner (on June 2, 2017).
  • Mortal Kombat 9 was released in 2011. Its seguel, Mortal Kombat X in 2015.
  • Injustice was released in 2013 and the second one just now.

So, what did we learn from above? That video games take years to develop. Plus, teams are working on multiple projects like our Project Soul, need some budget (see Tekken's 7 development story) and if you add a new game engine the waiting time is longer.

In other words, stop acting like a man child it makes things worse.

First of all, Ōdashima Daishi killed nothing.

Secondly, your posts give me the impression that you have been waiting for Soul Calibur's VI announcement shortly after the fifth installment which is silly. Why?

Let's look around for examples and find out the time frame between two main or "canon", as many people say, titles.
  • Tekken 6 console version was released in 2009 if I am not mistaken. Tekken 7 is around the corner (on June 2, 2017).
  • Mortal Kombat 9 was released in 2011. Its seguel, Mortal Kombat X in 2015.
  • Injustice was released in 2013 and the second one just now.
So, what did we learn from above? That video games take years to develop. Plus, teams are working on multiple projects like our Project Soul, need some budget (see Tekken's 7 development story) and if you add a new game engine the waiting time is longer.

In other words, stop acting like a man child it makes things worse.
Uh, yeah Daishi did nearly kill the franchise by making a lot changes the fans hated and casting doubt towards whether a sequel will be made. I know a lot of people skipped out on SCV after they learned about how half-assed it was, and it shows. Is it any wonder why he's no longer in charge? And when he was announced to have left, the reaction was universally positive? Anyways, let's look at the timeline between SC games (not counting arcade releases):

SB to SC - 3 years
SC to SCII - 4 years
SCII to SCIII - 2 years
SCIII to SCIV - Less than 3 years
SCIV to SCV - About 3 and a half years
SCV to SCVI - 5 years and counting

As I've said before, we're in the longest wait between SC games and we don't even know for sure if it exists. I've been waiting for SCVI's announcement since 2014, which is reasonable, but instead all we got was a bunch of shit we don't care about when it wasn't flat-out nothing.

As I've said before, we're in the longest wait between SC games and we don't even know for sure if it exists. I've been waiting for SCVI's announcement since 2014, which is reasonable, but instead all we got was a bunch of shit we don't care about when it wasn't flat-out nothing.
Look at the gap between 4th and 5th SC - it's 3.5 years. And still, it was half-incomplete. Besides as tachnology evolves (and people demands too) it requires more time to develop a decent product (and if SC is really in such a bad situation after a SCV as you said - then they have no room for mistake). So if it's going to be announced in 2017-18 and released in 18-19 it would be perfectly fine.

Look at the gap between 4th and 5th SC - it's 3.5 years. And still, it was half-incomplete. Besides as tachnology evolves (and people demands too) it requires more time to develop a decent product (and if SC is really in such a bad situation after a SCV as you said - then they have no room for mistake). So if it's going to be announced in 2017-18 and released in 18-19 it would be perfectly fine.
It's not like they spent all that time developing it. Literally only 10 months was actually put in the game. You have a point at the end, which is why we SHOULD be getting an announcement soon, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back