Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No what I'm saying is we shouldn't be paying money for franchise stables. If they are going to be in the game we shouldn't pay for them and we shouldn't support such business practices.

Also
You're saying that if Sophitia isn't part of the story (which logically she wouldn't be) you still don't want her?
I never said anything about her being in the story, I was talking about her being in the game.

Secondly we know nothing about the future of Soul Calibur what makes you think that character X shouldn't logically be in the story? How can you say that when you don't know what Project Soul are planning?

It would be insulting
Yes, perhaps to many people. But what we ALL should have learned by now is the cold truth...they don't do things especially to "our" preferences. They do what they want.
If they are going to be in the game we shouldn't pay for them and we shouldn't support such business practices.
I didn't say we should pay for them.
I never said anything about her being in the story, I was talking about her being in the game.
You're missing the point.
I didn't say you did. I said "let's say", I was speaking hypothetically.

I was trying to appeal to your logic of if they're not initially available, then they never should be.
How can you say that when you don't know what Project Soul are planning?
How? Naturally by speculation/ assuming they continue with the time skip. I mean if you want to fight with granny Sophi I guess that's your business.

We don't even know if SCVI will even ever exist. We only hope. All we can do is speculate.

Yes, perhaps to many people. But what we ALL should have learned by now is the cold truth...they don't do things especially to "our" preferences. They do what they want.
That doesn't make it any more acceptable, if this actually happens we shouldn't have to take it.
I didn't say we should pay for them.
As we shouldn't.
You're missing the point.
I didn't say you did. I said "let's say", I was speaking hypothetically.

I was trying to appeal to your logic of if they're not initially available, then they never should be.
My problem here is I highly suspect that if they add in any character DLC it will all be paid no matter who it is that gets added.
"Oh what's that? Seigfried is DLC now? Screw you pay me!"
I worry shit like that is going to happen.

How? Naturally by speculation/ assuming they continue with the time skip. I mean if you want to fight with granny Sophi I guess that's your business.

We don't even know if SCVI will even ever exist. We only hope. All we can do is speculate.
I highly doubt we are ever going to see an older Sophitia ever or any SC female for that matter. Why do you think most of them got cut after that time skip? If any female comes back within the time skip they are probably going to pull some anti age excuse just like they did with almost everyone else.

Also literally anyone in a fighting game can logically be placed in a story considering a fighting game story can be (and usually is) written accordingly to whoever you want in the roster, you don't really need to jump through hoops to get it to work.

Also literally anyone in a fighting game can logically be placed in a story considering a fighting game story can be (and usually is) written accordingly to whoever you want in the roster, you don't really need to jump through hoops to get it to work.
Also classic characters could appear in flashbacks, thus justifying their presence in the roster, or you could, you know, just add them in the roster without caring for their relevance to the story. Algol, Cerv and few others weren't of any influence to SCV story and it's not like anybody complained that they are in game.

That doesn't make it any more acceptable, if this actually happens we shouldn't have to take it.
I mean, no one is forcing you to buy the game...
But if you decide to then yeah, you do have to take it. You're not part of the development team. So you have no (relevant) say.
Algol, Cerv and few others weren't of any influence to SCV story and it's not like anybody complained that they are in game.
Exactly. So just add them I don't care if they're dlc or already in game. As long as they're playable.

But if you decide to then yeah, you do have to take it. You're not part of the development team. So you have no (relevant) say.
Uh no you don't have to take it you don't have to give them any more of your money or any of your money at all, if they plan to sell franchise stables as DLC guess what I won't be buying anything from them that may include the game. Don't try and justify shitty business decisions on the sense of we don't have a say were not the developers, we do have a say it's called our wallet.

As for characters and the roster, yeah they don't need to be in any part of any story or to justify them being the game there are plenty of other things you can use to justify a character being in the game, such as being a franchise stable.

Uh no you don't have to take it you don't have to give them any more of your money
guess what I won't be buying anything from them that may include the game.
Tell them that, see how much random @4cam10 opinion matters or influences their opinion. (You wouldn't be the first to try)
Don't try and justify shitty business decisions on the sense of we don't have a say were not the developers
I'm not attempting to justify anything. It's a fact. It's THEIR series, they can & will do what they want. Whatever they think will make them the most $. It's not about appealing to "your sense of justice".

Tell them that, see how much random @4cam10 opinion matters or influences their opinion. (You wouldn't be the first to try)

I'm not attempting to justify anything. It's a fact. It's THEIR series, they can & will do what they want. Whatever they think will make them the most $. It's not about appealing to "your sense of justice".
Fine then if you are completely ok with whatever the hell Project Soul shits out then don't blame or anyone else when we get Lost Swords 2: The Call for money.

I said my piece but apparently it's nothing but my "sense of justice" and Project Soul should be able to do whatever they want and not be held accountable.

I like what Dravonball Xenoverse has done. I mean we've been playing the same Dragonball story for how many years? They had the right idea to keep the people happy.

Even if your preferred character isn't in the main story & later added as dlc. Give them their own mini what if, or non cannon interactions with the other characters.

I care more about gameplay than the cannon. But I still would like to see my favorites in beautiful upgraded cgi cutscenes.

Everybody should have have unlockable cutscenes.

Fine then if you are completely ok with whatever the hell Project Soul shits out then don't blame or anyone else when we get Lost Swords 2: The Call for money.
No one in their sane mind would sell new characters as DLC, unless it's guest character. Classic chars have fanbase that would guarantee sells, new chars not, thus it's too risky to do so. And what is even the point of making new non-guest characters, unless they are in the base game? @4cam10, don't forget that games are buisness and they are supposed to make money, and as costs of creating, publishing and advertising such product rise with each generation of consoles possibility that games would become consumer-friendly "like in past times" are zero.
Everybody should have have unlockable cutscenes.
Or we could get a decent arcade mode, so every character would at least get Destined Battle cutscene and non-canon Ending, like in previous SC installments.

It's true that it's Namco's series and they can do whatever they want with it but if they don't give the people what they want then their profits will suffer. They learned that lesson already with the last game. Still, I can't see people boycotting the game just for Sophitia or Taki being DLC. If anything the fans'd just be happy to have them back.

I understand what you mean completely. But we don't have control over the story.

Let's say the next games story mode is amazing, even after the large timeskip.

And the roster is based on this amazing story.
The development of the veterans were why they were such favorites in the first place. Character development makes characters more relatable in any medium.

The new characters just need more time to be worked with in storyline and gameplay, and I'm sure it will all change after that. Project Soul has enough background history on the post-SCIV timeline and the characters within it.

Ordinarily I'd say there is a big difference between good business practice and creative expression, that one need not affect the other but under the circumstances... When SCV was coming and came out I saw it being a mess a mile off and I never bought it and given the sales figures I'm not the only one who came to such a decision. If they make the same mistakes twice there will be no excuse this time.

Basically Namco desperately needs to regain some of the goodwill it had before they released SCV and if appealing to what the fans clearly want is how they do that then they should at least consider it seriously.

Daishi took many risks with SCV which he thought would pay off but for whatever reason they didn't, but, if they had I'd have stood by their freedom of creative expression even though I don't agree with most of the changes they made. That's the goodwill they need to regain. Now, really, I don't care what they do but if I see another mess coming you can be sure I won't be going anywhere near it again and more so than before where I at least bothered to try the game. Now I seriously don't care.

Honestly that would be kind of a cool idea if they weren't doing it instead of talking about SC6

According the article, it is going to be a "45-60" seconds game . Maybe more like an arcade game ?
I'm curious but I don't excpect something exciting, even though I love SC2 , maybe my favorite with SC3.

SC6 is like waiting for the new Tool album .. They take their time, but when it is out, it's gonna be killer .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back