Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a Square Enix character, it'll either be 2B from NieR: Automata
Speaking as a Nier fan, I don't think I'd want to see 2B as a guest. She's a bit too futuristic for SoulCalibur imo. However, they could add the characters from the original game, especially Nier himself. He'd fit the atmosphere and he uses a short sword, long sword, spear and magic [through Grimoire Weiss]. They could make him similar to Hilde and Ezio, by having him use more than one type of weapon.
Nier_Gestalt.jpg
Also, there was talk that if Nier: Automata was successful, the original Nier would be remade for current systems. It would have better combat, graphics, and whatnot. Not only WAS Automata commercially successful, but people started buying the original game on last gen consoles (hell, I was one of them). So, imo, making Nier a guest would be a good idea, because it could promote the probable remake. This is probably wishiful thinking, since they were just talking about it, but who knows :p

Bamco should care about their fans if they want more money. If Bamco make shit game then of course revenue will be low or even don't cover costs.

Yes, but let's not conflate a huge roster count and everyone's weird favorite characters being in the game with caring for fans. They are giving a shit by keeping the series alive in spite of all the setbacks.

Pro players will play any worst shit game just for real money, rewards, prizes and they absolutely don't care about how bad game (Tekken 7, SCV example). Casuals will never play any shit game because they play game NOT for real money, rewards, prizes. Tekken 7 lost because it's even worse than Tekken 5.
There are plenty of people that consider SCV to be their favorite in the series and gladly show up to as many tournaments as possible with little chance of recieving any monetary reward. Hell sometimes the first place winner of these tournaments doesnt even make back enough money to pay for their trips. Truth be told, If you're playing SCV for money... you're playing the wrong game plain and simple. The much more logical conclusion is that people love SCV so much, that they're willing to shell out the extra cash to go to a tournament and recieve the deepest experience the game has to offer. Compare this to the so called perfect SC2, where players constantly sing its praise but never bother to actually show up to a tournament. Please continue to spread your ignorance on our tournament scene that you clearly know nothing about.

There are plenty of people that consider SCV to be their favorite in the series and gladly show up to as many tournaments as possible with little chance of recieving any monetary reward.
Everyone has different tastes. If someone like SCV it does not mean that others like it too. SCV game failed my expectation.
Hell sometimes the first place winner of these tournaments doesnt even make back enough money to pay for their trips.
It's up to you how to spend your money.
Truth be told, If you're playing SCV for money... you're playing the wrong game plain and simple.
This is game which i may play only for money but i would never play this game for fun, for me there is no fun at all in this game. For fun i better play SCIII or SCII.
The much more logical conclusion is that people love SCV so much, that they're willing to shell out the extra cash to go to a tournament and recieve the deepest experience the game has to offer.
Prove please how much money you win and how much money you spent?

Everyone has different tastes. If someone like SCV it does not mean that others like it too. SCV game failed my expectation.

It's up to you how to spend your money.

This is game which i may play only for money but i would never play this game for fun, for me there is no fun at all in this game. For fun i better play SCIII or SCII.

Prove please how much money you win and how much money you spent?

There is an average of a 500 dollar pot for SCV tournies, with a 70/20/10 split for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This means the top 3 get paid 350, 100 and 50 respectively. Registering can be between 0-50 dollars. Depending on travel costs, it can be anywhere from 3 dollars (You live right in the area) to 300 dollars ( you live accross the country). This is not including food or hotel costs, so I dont know, you do the math???? You're not gonna even break even in a lot of cases, but it is a case by case basis.

Some how you misinterpretted what I said about playing SCV for money. So to reiterate, NO ONE PLAYS THIS GAME FOR MONEY, WE PLAY IT FOR FUN, SOME HOW THIS POINT FLEW ACROSS YOUR HEAD. And fine if you play SC2 for fun, then show up to its god damn tournies, prove you enjoy experiencing the game at the highest level of play it has to offer. But you won't do that, all SC2 players like to do is sing its praise and never do a thing to prove they actually enjoy it. They just talk shit about other titles. Don't fucking speak for us competative players until you are one, it's seriously fucking infuriating.

Last edited:
There is an average of a 500 dollar pot for SCV tournies, with a 70/20/10 split for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This means the top 3 get paid 350, 100 and 50 respectively. Registering can be between 0-50 dollars, depending on travel costs, it can be anywhere from 3 (You live right in the area) to 300 ( you live accross the country). This is not including food, hotel costs, I dont know, you do the math???? You're not gonna even break even in a lot of cases, but it is a case by case basis.
I have not asked about "There is an average of..." I asked you how much money YOU win and how much money YOU have spent. Also do you have a job not related to video games or pro gaming is your job?
Man, Inferno, you are so negative. Do you just come here to complain about the game? Literally every post I have seen you make here is just sheer pessimism. Go outside, stop worrying about this. It's not healthy, dude.
No, i am not negative. I just want that SC6 be more like SC3 or SC2. You must have confused me with someone else I always have arguments.

I have not asked about "There is an average of..." I asked you how much money YOU win and how much money YOU have spent. Also do you have a job not related to video games or pro gaming is your job?

No, i am not negative. I just want that SC6 be more like SC3 or SC2. You must have confused me with someone else I always have arguments.
Why is it relevant what I do?

The thing is SCV came out in early 2012, then Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown in the summer, and then TTT2 and DOA5 in September with a week or two between releases.

There is another point is that the game (TTT2) was seen as Spin Off by the casuals, so that alone is an argue on why it didn't sell as good as T6 or T7, and it was too overwhelming for new players. Also the trailer of the game were showing mainly huge long a$$ combos, seriously? This is not the way to do it if you want to appeal new players. Now look how they learned for T7 and how the trailers of this game looked, some epic cinematics for Story mode, some nice combos without it being too much and 90% of the showcase like in TTT2's trailers.)

Also Namco needed to understand that clones isn't a great thing to put in a roster (TTT2 and SCV)

PS: Personally as a Tekken fan TTT2 was my least favorite Tekken game for many reasons. (The huge lack of default costumes especially after the amazing T6, i prefer 1 VS 1 in fighting games, too many clones). This game was basically Quantity over quality, which i'm not a fan of.

Last edited:
Pro players will play any worst shit game just for real money, rewards, prizes and they absolutely don't care about how bad game (Tekken 7, SCV example). Casuals will never play any shit game because they play game NOT for real money, rewards, prizes. Tekken 7 lost because it's even worse than Tekken 5.
Oh? How much money are competitive players making from SCV? Do tell...

Me because somehow we're talking about tits again and people are having little tantrums about pro-gaming and whatnot. Y'all read the rules right? Argue in PMs if you must argue or go start a thread in some general non-SC specific forum.
Maybe I'm crazy but talking about character models in SCVI, tits or not, sounds pretty related to SC to me, so I don't get how that's taboo. The content (being Sophie's tits) is literally in SCVI and is included in the game that is the topic of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back