Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vergeben hi my only question for you is why have you decided to "leak" this info? It really undermines Namco/Project Soul's efforts and marketing team on a new game. Do you feel justice is served if the community knows these secrets that the company has? I'm sorry just trying to figure out your reasoning for putting your sources at risk (it would be silly to assume that they're not at risk at all from you doing this).

Wouldn't it be something if the story covered the in between the gap of IV and V. Like what Capcom is doing with Street Fighter.

The character poll was held in 2015 with them telling fans they'd be determining the future of the series, with the results announced in June of 2015.
You can make your own conclusions, but for people to think it isn't factoring in at all is funny to me.

Sony said they wanted PS4 to be the console for fighting games a few years ago and it is.
You left out the GGXrd games, KOF XIV, other re-releases like The Last Blade 2 and Garou (the latter being on Switch as well), plus the upcoming Fighting EX Layer.
If you love fighting games, you pretty much need a PS4. Otherwise a PC. But the online communities are typically far more alive and active on PS4 by comparison.

My primary source for SCVI info that's most knowledgeable of things concerning roster, specifics about characters and such told me today and that it was fine to leak that she is, so I did.

yep. The PS4 is the king console ( of this gen ) for fighters (and RPGs). And the Switch is looking to be no slouch either in that department, with Blazblue Cross Tag and now Soul Calibur.

I'm just glad I own a PS4 Pro.....lol. But I was seriously considering getting an Xbox One X for the extra horsepower ( and built-in 4K player and media features ). But, if Xbox continues to miss out on fighting games and multi plats that land everywhere else BUT Xbox, then I think I'm going to pass. SFV and Blazblue Cross Tag are 2 strikes against Xbox already. So no SC VI would be the 3rd and final strike for me.

And yeah, I did leave out other fighting games on the PS4. But some of those, like the Guilty Gears and Blazblues, I consider those more "niche" titles. I'm not surprised if those don't come to Xbox, especially if they are from Japanese devs.

But titles like Street Fighter and Soul Calibur? I'd consider those more "mainstream" franchises, with Street Fighter being the most mainstream of them all. And when titles/franchises like those skip the Xbox, that's more surprising (and telling).

anyways, thanks for sharing all of the info, man. It's much appreciated!

I've been yearning for a new SC game for quite some time now. So, your leaks and info these past few weeks have made me very excited.

Hopefully, this coming week is when the dream finally becomes a reality!! :)

@Vergeben hi my only question for you is why have you decided to "leak" this info? It really undermines Namco/Project Soul's efforts and marketing team on a new game. Do you feel justice is served if the community knows these secrets that the company has? I'm sorry just trying to figure out your reasoning for putting your sources at risk (it would be silly to assume that they're not at risk at all from you doing this).
I'm not telling people everything that I even know, and I'm only saying what they have given me the clearance to say. I don't know everything about it either, so things will be surprises to me, too.

If anything, I'm helping them indirectly. I've helped bring the community back together in preparation for the announcement and be able to talk about their passion for the series again. One that a lot have all but given up hope on.

Last edited:
It's funny to me too. People were saying "They used it for trading cards", "They weren't using it because only 1% of the community voted", "The poll was just a marketing ploy that meant nothing". Funny how some people refuse to believe what's in front of them.
People were only using the trading card quote as a joke, considering that was what came around after the Facebook poll. Lighten up a bit.

Reactions: Ave
I'm not telling people everything that I even know, and I'm only saying what they have given me the clearance to say. I don't know everything about it either, so things will be surprises to me, too.

If anything, I'm helping them indirectly. I've helped bring the community back together in preparation for the announcement and be able to talk about their passion for the series again. One they a lot have all but given up hope on.

Exactly. Many declared SC to be dead after we got nothing for the past five years (not counting shit like LS, US, Pachislot, and trading cards). This forum is more active now than it's been in a long time, and getting the soul burning again just in time for an announcement is probably for the best. We're building hype for Namco, so this is helping them.

Exactly. Many declared SC to be dead after we got nothing for the past five years (not counting shit like LS, US, Pachislot, and trading cards). This forum is more active now than it's been in a long time, and getting the soul burning again just in time for an announcement is probably for the best. We're building hype for Namco, so this is helping them.
At best they were the closest things we had to anything SC related.

So far, remember than @Vergeben isn't doing anything besides spreading rumors and making us speculate. So it's not interfering with PS's efforts at marketing because nothing is official. Vergeben could even tell us the whole story mode without undermining anything since the game so far doesn't officially exist.

Indeed, but you are doing so at your own will rather than instructed by the team or company behind the game.

All this "hype" and forum activity would take place regardless as soon as this trailer drops in the supposed 2 weeks. You are just doing something without authorization from your own free will. Even if you think it's harmless they have a specific strategy to release info, it's their game, and they have every right to do so. What you're doing is pure disrespect to the game and the community for your own egotistical reason of "striking up the band before they play", and unfortunately people are blinded by this from their excitement of the upcoming game. I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a troll with no sources taking advantage of a community that's desperate for a new game. I'd have more respect for a troll lying on the internet than someone who is directly disrespecting a company and their marketing efforts on an upcoming game we cherish.

6B+K is Viola. I think removing the no-air-control on AAB, killing off most of her dumb combos and reducing her damage in the process, should be enough. Although, given this is a new game and not a patch, she'd probably have different gimmicks anyway.

Anyway, I just remembered somebody who I would love to see again...
lynsc3art1-jpg.3876

latest

They could also try the whole fan thing again. But do it right this time

I definitely see a ton of potential in the extra characters that were in SoulCalibur III. Sure a lot of people would disagree with me, but I saw a lot of potential in their playstyles and really liked some of their designs.

Everyone has different tastes, someone like something but you don't like it, it does not mean it is bad taste.

I against focusing story on just one character because not everyone like this character (SCV example). So to satisfy everyone story should cover every character in game.
True. But as taste is a matter of opinion, as I said in MY opinion, your taste when it comes to characters is poor lol. I also reassert that story wise she's not needed in the game and never played a part in the story therefore there's no reason to satisfy a Sets fan except for swaying titties fan service. Or maybe they have some sort of mixed breed large tittied geisha fetish.

Indeed, but you are doing so at your own will rather than instructed by the team or company behind the game.

All this "hype" and forum activity would take place regardless as soon as this trailer drops in the supposed 2 weeks. You are just doing something without authorization from your own free will. Even if you think it's harmless they have a specific strategy to release info, it's their game, and they have every right to do so. What you're doing is pure disrespect to the game and the community for your own egotistical reason of "striking up the band before they play", and unfortunately people are blinded by this from their excitement of the upcoming game. I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a troll with no sources taking advantage of a community that's desperate for a new game. I'd have more respect for a troll lying on the internet than someone who is directly disrespecting a company and their marketing efforts on an upcoming game we cherish.
Whoa, dude relax. This ultimately will mean nothing in the long run, games get leaked before release all the time and it ends up being forgotten that it happened in a short while. This forum is enjoying a renaissance of activity for the first time since I can remember, and I've been holding out just for this. If it means getting info just a little bit earlier, worth it.

Justice being served? Come on Oof just stop.

True. But as taste is a matter of opinion, as I said in MY opinion, your taste when it comes to characters is poor lol. I also reassert that story wise she's not needed in the game and never played a part in the story therefore there's no reason to satisfy a Sets fan except for swaying titties fan service. Or maybe they have some sort of mixed breed large tittied geisha fetish.
I'll take her over Patroklos, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back