Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few factors at play here. At its core however, there is a structural problem with a 500+ page thread that was started 4 years ago being the core mode of discussion for new info on the game. Newcomers trying to get new info in this thread are going to wonder where the info actually is given the speed at which the thread moves and its unwieldy size.

There is also the fact that hey, we have a SCVI area set up that's getting far less traffic.

Marginal is the clearest voice of reason here.

This post articulates what I assumed were some of the larger, more legitimate reasons to close this thread out, but didn’t not put down in text, to see if any of the mods would point out reasons other than, “me no like wut dems talks abouts.”

Marginal for president.

Reactions: Ave
We could close this thread, and make two new threads to make up for it. One would be the SCVI News & Updates thread, and the other would be the Soul Calibur Casual thread (i.e. this thread 2.0)
If it means being able to speculate things about what else we may want to see in Soulcalibur VI without it being controversial because someone got their panties in a twist over it in that new thread then I'm all for it. After all, G1 said he's going to put a tighter grip around the new thread so there's that as well.

There are a few factors at play here. At its core however, there is a structural problem with a 500+ page thread that was started 4 years ago being the core mode of discussion for new info on the game. Newcomers trying to get new info in this thread are going to wonder where the info actually is given the speed at which the thread moves and its unwieldy size.

There is also the fact that hey, we have a SCVI area set up that's getting far less traffic.

This was also a problem here before SCV was released. There was a thread which ended up being some casual thread and everything was posted there and it really became so difficult to read through, especially when the game was nearly released.

Taken from the Shoryuken-link: "That said, with the status of the game set as going back to the series’ past, characters that are supposed to be appearing in it are Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi (who is apparently now unambiguously presented as homosexual), Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki, Talim, Ivy, Cassandra, Astaroth, and Tira. Zasalamel is also being considered, but he may end up being DLC. Amy might appear in all future installments as Viola (confirming a long-held fan theory)."

@Vergeben
What do you say to the list of characters mentioned here? I haven't really kept up with everything you posted here (at one point I was just tired of reading through 20 pages of nothing substantial...), but have you confirms or very strong rumors for those characters or are you surprised by some names, too? Especially for Cassandra or Astaroth because I can't remember you talked about their (possible) appearance in SC6? I know that you confirmed Kilik, X, Maxi, Siegfried, Nightmare and Taki.

I have seen people saying that SCVI will revisit not only SCI events, but also partially touch SE and SC2-3, but I don't remember seeing source of this information.
Could somebody tell me where this came from?

So, it's not officialy confirmed yet, like in a interview or something? Thanks for the answer.
Take it with a grain of salt. The leaks have proven to be mostly true so far, but certain details have been different. What we're getting won't 100% reflect what we're shown but it's like a nice behind the scenes.

Taken from the Shoryuken-link: "That said, with the status of the game set as going back to the series’ past, characters that are supposed to be appearing in it are Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi (who is apparently now unambiguously presented as homosexual), Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki, Talim, Ivy, Cassandra, Astaroth, and Tira. Zasalamel is also being considered, but he may end up being DLC. Amy might appear in all future installments as Viola (confirming a long-held fan theory)."

@Vergeben
What do you say to the list of characters mentioned here? I haven't really kept up with everything you posted here (at one point I was just tired of reading through 20 pages of nothing substantial...), but have you confirms or very strong rumors for those characters or are you surprised by some names, too? Especially for Cassandra or Astaroth because I can't remember you talked about their (possible) appearance in SC6? I know that you confirmed Kilik, X, Maxi, Siegfried, Nightmare and Taki.

Not Vergeben, obviously, but I've been following this stuff pretty closely. Cassandra leak comes from the inclusion of Lost Swords folks who didn't make an appearance in SoulCalibur V, with clarification that Amy and Seong Mi-na were not called out by name. He asked about those two, and Amy's reply was that she would probably just be Viola moving forward (sad), and they said that Mi-na probably wouldn't make the cut (even sadder). Astaroth was leaked very much on the sly along with the Maxi leak and the part where he would be gay lovers with one of his crew members that Astaroth slaughtered. Astaroth indirectly confirmed because of Maxi's inclusion. They're kind of rivals.

So, it's not officialy confirmed yet, like in a interview or something? Thanks for the answer.
Well actually, in an interview Okubo did state that Soulcalibur VI will "revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur era". Take note of "era", by that it could possibly mean all games before Soulcalibur V, as that was the new era. Add that to the leaks and it's very likely that a MK9 type scenario is going to take place.
I think they may be referring only to Viola's fighting style. There is no reason to include Amy as Viola in a remake of the older games if they're the same character.
I still hope that Viola is actually Amy's twin sister. I mean, Amy was on the streets so it's very likely that she didn't even know she had a sister. I love both of their fighting styles so would love both to be in SCVI.

I think a lasting solution is multifaceted:
  • Kill this thread because it's too long.
  • Move the SCVI forum above the SC Casual forum since that's where we want people to go.
  • Create a stickied news discussion post in the SCVI forum.
  • Create a stickied non-discussion, video repository post in the SCVI forum (yes I know there is a video forum too, but you gotta set things up where new people will go).
  • Create a SCVI story post to go along with the SCVI aesthetics or whatever else is in casual forum.
  • Create a "SCVI controversial topics and general shitposting" thread in SCVI casual. Hell, you can even call it that. A bunch of the discussions in here can go there.
  • Include links to these threads in the stickied news discussion original post.
  • Direct people to the correct topics when they get too far off track. Mod hammer them when they don't cooperate.
Forbidding conversation kills forums (outside of clear out of bounds subject matter) but you definitely want the... less desirable but not off limits conversations quarantined away from what this site was originally created to do: provide an avenue for competitive players to discuss the SC series.
Give this man a senior moderator position now!!!! Lol very well spoken friend.

You're idiots if you think the only reason I was closing this thread was because of “me no like wut dems talks abouts.” Regardless I'm done explaining myself. I've given several warnings, and right now it's time for a fresh start. The link to the new thread will be placed here as soon as it's posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back