Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny-NEW GAME-

Oh whatever, Christ, tell a guy to invest in HDDVD and suddenly you don't know shit about money. Just mark my words, this carebear MMORPG is gonna be big, 25 million with a 1000% return, trust me.

Maybe Inferno comes back. "But, oh," you're saying, "Inferno uses everybody's moves. He wouldn't be limited to just one weapon," but he was stuck with one weapon last time we saw him. In SC3AE, he only ever used Cervantes' moves combined with his signature pinch of flying death spin moves.

Technically, Inferno is ALREADY back. When Sieg freed himself from the Soul Edge at the end of SC2 (which is why he's out and about for SC3), Zasalamel drops by and finds the discarded azure armor and fuses Inferno to it, creating what we know now as Nightmare. Inferno is really just the 'soul' of the Soul Edge, so thanks to Zasalamel, Nightmare is now the Soul Edge made flesh.

Also, I don't believe there was ever a separate "good" and "bad" Soul Calibur (referring to Xianghua's quieter, non-mindfucking Calibur as opposed to the puritan BITCH Calibur in Cass's ending). My theory works on the idea that the stronger the Soul Edge gets, the Calibur grows just as strong in an act of equilibrium. So in SC4, when the Soul Edge (aka Nightmare) decided "I'm going to create a world of ultimate chaos", the Calibur replied "Oh yeah? Well I'm going to create a world of ultimate order...by FREEZING everything". So the Calibur isn't "tainted" or "evil", it's still pure... it's just TOO pure that instead of being the paragon of ultimate good, it becomes the paragon of ultimate order,which isn't necessarily good, when you consider that the Calibur apparently has no concern for human life.

My theory on the new Soul Calibedge wielder? New character altogether... though that would give us a THIRD zweihander...

If Soul Edge is Inferno and Nightmare, and Soul Calibur is Siegfried, and Algol is what happens when you bring Soul Edge and Soul Calibur together, then it must be getting pretty crowded in that fused sword right about now.

He doesn't look as cool as the character art.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.png
    2.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 3.png
    3.png
    496.5 KB · Views: 253
Honestly, this new guy looks like a KOF Maximum Impact / falcoon reject.

And he has some sort of crotch stomp move? I wonder if its gender specific... I was always saying that the Soul series had a lot more gender specific moves than it does today, even different reactions and stuff.

Aside from that, love the new stage concepts / lighting. Really hope we see this stuff come to SCIV.

-DeathCom

...This is obviously the off-spring of Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting and Doc Holiday.

I was just about to say The Butcher as well... crossed with Joker.

I'm going to use him as a sub just because of his mustache. If he's strong, then he's main.

That guy is so pimp it's not even funny.

taking a look at tira's ring blade, i suppose they'll just give setsuka her usual poorly modeled edgy (i.e. not ROUND) umbrellas from SC3 and SC4...if she's in it at all -_-
are there other weapons in SC4 that look as poorly modeled as setsuka's?

It looks like that until you notice there's some kind of collision sprite at the victim's crotch, and that it comes from Dampierre's foot. Dampierre is stomping on Voldo's dick, and that is awesome.

you know wat i just realized, soul calibur doesnt hav the "wise old man" that all these other fighting games have...

i want my old person!!!

Back