Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

Does anyone have an information on the issue. Online is pretty much unplayable for me. Yet I can play Soul Calibur IVs online fine still...

I am getting more and more ranked matches I tried hosting a room with a friend though but was Dced even when he hosted. I think its the server could be acting up with certain players on PSN and XBL or it could be the players internet not handling SCV online to well. I am not sure and just assuming

I have the same problem. I can spectate matches just fine but when its my turn I lose connection to host. I have nat type 2 and I dont even see a ping by my name but if I switch to type 3 I see a ping and its always zero. I never had a problem like this in any online game before and I've been playing since Socom...

Ok, so it seems more of a server issue then issues with our connections? Either way, if I can play SCIV fine, there should be no reason SCV should be doing this.

I don't believe anyone has found the solution to this server problem, huh? Hm.... I wish I also knew what is happening here. It's really annoying me that I haven't played one single match online yet, since I got the game when it came out. Not one match online. Like most of you here, I'm having the same issues with this whole disconnection issues in player/rank matches, ect... I thought it might have been my disc at first that was messing up, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Maybe we just need to wait a little longer. I mean, the game did just come out and maybe a lot of people are all playing online too much at the same time. We're just having bad luck actually getting any legit matches going on... It is very disappointing. I wish the problem could be fixed soon... If anyone may have any more ideas to what's happening.. I'd like to be informed as well. This is bugging me just as much as everyone else here. :(

At least we are not only in experiencing this problem. Its crazy that I can watch fights but can't participate myself.

And it gets worse..
20120204_232037.jpg

SCIV was much much better.

I didn't know this was happening to many others as well......

ever since I got it yesterday I was unable to search for anyone and if I did I was unable to join their sessions ugh

Today I'm playing fine will all kinds of connections 3-5 bar. I played for about 4 hours straight with no disconnects...

Did it get better for anyone else?

And it gets worse..
View attachment 11543
SCIV was much much better.
I don't know about that. SCV doesn't seem to have certain moves boosted online like SCIV did (not only is Mitsu's 1A slow now, but it's very easy to react to). That's probably due to the stronger netcode. It seems that the problems lie in the matches lagging out, because of poor connections. Most of the games I lagged out of had 3 bars.

Today I'm playing fine will all kinds of connections 3-5 bar. I played for about 4 hours straight with no disconnects...

Did it get better for anyone else?

Unfortunately not, for me... Got two game invites to play on PSN, but still booted me out, and they couldn't join my session. This is really bothersome. So it's pretty clear it can be the server, or like I mentioned last time, it can be too many people all at once? I dunno.. But it's so annoying I haven't played not even one match. I haven't even spectated a match either. I envy those that are able to play online!! Ugh, oh well... I guess we just need to keep waiting a little longer until this server problem can be resolved. Again.. It's in my opinion, the game just came out, got a lot of fans out there playing 24/7... I guess we just gotta sit back and wait for all this to get resolved on its own :(

So I found out a small solution to our problem here. May not work 100%, but better than nothing. I have a friend from Japan who has SoulCalibur V as well, she told me to swich to the Asia server and go to Global Colosseo, Tokyo. I tried it out, and it worked... Unfortunately for me, it only worked for one match though. I was able to play a full 3 round match, but it didn't work again after that... But maybe some of you might have better luck in the Asia server. Let me know if any of you are successful with this. I'll try again some more tomorrow. Hope I'm helping you all at least a little :) <3 I want this to be resolved with the server problem as soon as possible too

So I found out a small solution to our problem here. May not work 100%, but better than nothing. I have a friend from Japan who has SoulCalibur V as well, she told me to swich to the Asia server and go to Global Colosseo, Tokyo. I tried it out, and it worked... Unfortunately for me, it only worked for one match though. I was able to play a full 3 round match, but it didn't work again after that... But maybe some of you might have better luck in the Asia server. Let me know if any of you are successful with this. I'll try again some more tomorrow. Hope I'm helping you all at least a little :) <3 I want this to be resolved with the server problem as soon as possible too
Wow it actually works! Its crazy that I cant join any games from America but I can on the other side of the world! Thanks for the tip ^_^

Wow it actually works! Its crazy that I cant join any games from America but I can on the other side of the world! Thanks for the tip ^_^

No problem :) I'm glad it's working for you now! Hopefully mines will begin to work better tomorrow too =) I enjoyed playing online <3

I have yet to play an online game because every time I connect, it says "communicating" and then this message appears.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Thanks

Could be NAT related. If you go through connection tests on the console, it should say whether you're NAT restricted or not.

Back