Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You should try to ask the Bamco representatives what the white circles are, DLCs or unlocks. Try to sound innocent and clueless, they might take the bait and answer
We can assume that one on top left is Inferno, while one opposite to Talim is for Tira.
So asking about those side circles on the bottom is not only interesting, but can be done innocently with ease, as those side circles separated from main roster by "random" and "CaS" buttons really do look weird.

Really though, if we don’t get a Korean swordsman, that will single worst thing about the roster.
I think roster is fine. At least it's way better than SCV roster. Korean swordsman will be added to the game probably later as DLC. If Bamco really saw that people have been wanting to see Hwang return they could have decided to earn on that.

We can assume that one on top left is Inferno, while one opposite to Talim is for Tira.
So asking about those side circles on the bottom is not only interesting, but can be done innocently with ease, as those side circles separated from main roster by "random" and "CaS" buttons really do look weird.
There are a few questionable roster spots, but Inferno on the top left corner would be wrong on so many levels. I really can’t even imagine it.

I think roster is fine. At least it's way better than SCV roster. Korean swordsman will be added to the game probably later as DLC. If Bamco really saw that people have been wanting to see Hwang return they could have decided to earn on that.
It just feels... wrong, you know? Especially if he’s in Mi-na’s story and all, to have him come in as DLC later, when Yun-seong was already not in SoulCalibur V, that’s two games without either of them in a row, at least to start. He’s not who ought to be DLC compared to others.

SC6 is so much missed oportunity to introduce new characters with new weapons that I'm sad :( We got like only Groh ;/ Cause Azwel isn't
To be honest, Grøh and Azwel cover me personally. Besides, if we look back on earlier titles, the number of newcomers was always between 2 or 3. Quality over quantity, you could say. 😉

SC6 is so much missed oportunity to introduce new characters with new weapons that I'm sad :( We got like only Groh ;/ Cause Azwel isn't

Hey, if we were where we are now with the roster but Ivy hadn't been announced, would you still be clamoring for new characters?

Azwel is present on the character select screen because the build at NYCC 2018 is from June.

This character select screen has been racking my brain because the positioning of the empty slots seem like such a give away for what they’re planning (but then again it might not be the case)

The empty right side slot might be Tira’s as she’s part of the DLC bunch but comes with a story it would make sense then to include her with the rest of the cast.
The slot next to Siegfried could be either hilde or Cassandra as both characters would naturally ally themselves with Soulcalibur and or Siegfried (changes to their stories would be inevitable though)

The ones on the outside who might not have a story included with them.

Lizardman, Setsuka or Hwang?
I feel like the positioning is trying to tell us something.

EDIT: oh wait! The two nodes at the bottom random and CAS if you swap them with the blank nodes it’s more telling.

Hwang next to Talim and mina
Lizardman next to voldo and a possible Tira?

Last edited:
legacy characters you say?? Where the fuck is Rock, Hwang and Lizardman?

You're intentionally missing my point but alright:
1. It's clear they didn't have the budget to implement more characters into the base roster. We got the most popular legacy characters. Would you rather new characters instead of Talim, Zas, Raph etc.? I sure as hell wouldn't. The 3 you mentioned are not relevant to the point I was making at all and it makes it seem like you're trying to subvert the conversation into a different direction. Also, Rock sucks. Lol

Honestly ill try my best not being negative but do remember that its open to the public and i doubt namcos going to have me chilling like its release day one in my living room lol but ill try my du

You know what? Disregard that request. Shit isnt important. If you could just pull up Ivy's and Cervantes' movelist for a quick second that would be wonderful. Thanks again!!

No, there are worse things, like not adding a new female or bringing back more females to base.
Absolutely not. Let's not start the "we should have the same number of males and females", that's not how it works and shouldn't be an argument to create a video game.

The worst thing to happen to the game is if it were left to rot forever. The rest isn't that important.

Really though, if we don’t get a Korean swordsman, that will single worst thing about the roster.
No, the saddest thing would be if SC never got another game. Be happy we're getting one. It's the base roster. It sucks We're not getting Setsuka or cass. We'll get them later.

Other than that though, it"s like everyone here just gets more negative everyday. People are just complaining constantly. Just go back to talking about Taki's nipples, at least we weren't complaining. Instead of complaining about XYZ say something you like about the game or something. This is a FAN SITE, so uh, be fans?
We really need to be more positive, we're making ourselves look like ungrateful sods.

No, the saddest thing would be if SC never got another game. Be happy we're getting one. It's the base roster. It sucks We're not getting Setsuka or cass. We'll get them later.

Other than that though, it"s like everyone here just gets more negative everyday. People are just complaining constantly. Just go back to talking about Taki's nipples, at least we weren't complaining. Instead of complaining about XYZ say something you like about the game or something. This is a FAN SITE, so uh, be fans?
We really need to be more positive, we're making ourselves look like ungrateful sods.
That is a cancerous post.

You're basically saying that people need to blindly follow and only say positive things or they can get off the site because they're not acting like "fans". That's not how fan-sites, or any sites for that matter, work. All opinions are welcome, no matter if you personally like them or not. And when fans complain it's because they care, and they want the game to be better. That's important for developers, because if all they hear is positive things when really we wish things were different then they'll be awfully surprised when we're not running to pick this up and sales are lower than they expected. They'll think, "But we only received positive feedback, where did we go wrong? Guess SC as a series doesn't need to continue after all." Then THAT would be the saddest thing for the series.

I agree, as a fan of this game I have given up my right to criticize it in any way and must only say nice things about it.
I really like how it has so few females in it's base roster, I think it makes the game more realistic and immersive as I can't really imagine a woman being able to keep up in combat with a man.
Also the limited CAS equipment compared to sc5 is a really nice touch, now it will be much easier to decide what pieces I want to use.
I for one, am super grateful that we are even getting this game at all. It only costs as much as any other brand new game and even better they are releasing day 1 dlc so now I don't have to wait ages to get extra content. Thank-you.

Back