Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's always odd seeing negative connotations being used when the subject is about women or POC in gaming. There's enough history and in-game lore to utilize so it doesn't cheapen or take away from anything. Diversity is a good thing.

That said, I can't wait to try out Azwel if folks are already making comparisons to Viola's pressure.
Brah hes nastier than viola trust me when i tell you.
Viola/algol had a baby with all the bells n fuckery you can imagine thats Azwel

It’s one of the best tracks along with Undying Legend (Proving Grounds) and Who Dare To Tread (Desert.)

Still it has my least favorite version of the Indian Port theme. Sounds too generic pirate to me.

Did it list the Soul charge moves!?

I couldnt really check it iut i did it sneaky

Cervantes' Soul Charge Moves

Soul Charge b(K)
Soul Charge BBBB
Soul Charge 3BB
Soul Charge 1KBB
Soul Charge 8(A+B)
Soul Charge 66(B)
Soul Charge 33_99BB
Soul Charge 33_66_99B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 33_66_99(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge 22_88B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 22_88(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge 11_44_77B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 11_44_77(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BA
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BB
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BK
Soul Charge Dread Storm B
Soul Charge RE (B)
Soul Charge 236 A+G

I've actually found the soundtrack somewhat disappointing from the ones I've heard in SCVI, they're all good enough but SCV had so many incredible very distinct themes for all the characters. There's nothing here quite like the SCV themes for Viola, Tira, Hilde, etc, the Witcher stage theme is great but of course that's a SC remix of a Witcher theme rather being a proper SCVI one.

I guess that's because they're stage based rather than character based? So there's a bit less personality to each this time around.

Might be an unpopular opinion but overall I think that this game has one of if not the best soundtrack so far in the series. I can barely remember any tracks from SC5 but already got these stuck in my head forever. Moon of Oblivion is my favorite along with Who Dare Tread, but the others are very close. Darkest Shadow is great too. I really appreciate how well they go with the flow of the fight, which was not always the case in previous games.

Cervantes' Soul Charge Moves

Soul Charge b(K)
Soul Charge BBBB
Soul Charge 3BB
Soul Charge 1KBB
Soul Charge 8(A+B)
Soul Charge 66(B)
Soul Charge 33_99BB
Soul Charge 33_66_99B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 33_66_99(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge 22_88B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 22_88(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge 11_44_77B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 11_44_77(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BA
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BB
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BK
Soul Charge Dread Storm B
Soul Charge RE (B)
Soul Charge 236 A+G
Were they there in the movelist? If not where would we find them? I thought i showed all of the move list or I probably didnt hit L1 on the last one may be to change the page.

so... i noticed a lack of memes for soulcalibur... i figured i'd make something stupid to pass the time
Untitled.jpg

I think we need a meme factory thread

memes will provide life to soulcalbur

Honestly, Soul Calibur as a series has almost always had great soundtracks imo.
Like each game has had at least a handful of really memorable tracks, expect for SC4 which only had like one that I liked...which was Thanatos.
This time around I'm not sure how to feel about the music yet, none of them have got me yet except for the Witcher remix.
SC5 had many faults imo but it's music was one of it's best parts and I'd agree that I liked how each character had a theme that sounded distinct from one another. Also on a side note I love Siegfried's SC3 theme and Nightmare's SC2 theme so much. <3

I personally consider SCV to have the best OST in the series. Ignoring Venice Rooftops remix, there was Pavor Nocturnas, An Untamed Beast, Daybreaker, Mischievious Whispers, Without the Blessing of Fate, Amid the Pure Insanity, Where Springs Not Fail, Sacred Dawn, Wandering Seer, BLOOD THIRST CONCERTO. That's not even mentioning the bonuses like Through the Jaws of Death, Regalia, and Dance of the Oracle. I just don't see any game before or after comparing.

--Forgon

I personally consider SCV to have the best OST in the series. Ignoring Venice Rooftops remix, there was Pavor Nocturnas, An Untamed Beast, Daybreaker, Mischievious Whispers, Without the Blessing of Fate, Amid the Pure Insanity, Where Springs Not Fail, Sacred Dawn, Wandering Seer, BLOOD THIRST CONCERTO. That's not even mentioning the bonuses like Through the Jaws of Death, Regalia, and Dance of the Oracle. I just don't see any game before or after comparing.

--Forgon
didn't V also get a bunch of music DLC too of the old OSTs?

Reactions: AJV
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the Witcher music. The voices certainly stand out, but I find them dismal and kind of grating.

As far as best soundtracks go, my personal favorite is SCIII. The classic track arrangements were great, and I loved the new stuff. Had a great adventuring vibe.

To answer your question, no they don't. Am I disappointed about this? Absolutely.

aw thats a bummer. i wonder what the reason behind it is.

Surprised none of you have mentioned Ephemeral Dream, which is probably one of the best songs that's ever graced this game.

Oh that goes without saying my good friend. Don't forget innocent vision.

Ephemeral Dream to me feels like a young warriors hope.

Innocence Vision is that hope being broken and the sorrow that comes after. So beautiful

Back