Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

i never understood why Dampierre is not popular he was so much fun once you knew what to do with him, im thinking mostly cus he was preoder???
We always had joke weapons, but never really a joke character, so it was too much silly for some people. It didn’t help that he was $5 DLC unless you bought the game at Best Buy either. But I was also bothered at how rushed his inclusion was in SoulCalibur V that they couldn’t give him his 2p costume or his extra weapons, which already existed, if he wasn’t getting a redesign at all. But we don’t even have joke weapons in this game, so Dampierre seems very unfit. Beyond that, his inclusion means not including a much more serious/important character.

Anyone can confirm season pass is not accessible on psn? I was going to buy it but it says content not available atm.

@DanteSC3 none of the characters in this game are serious. Not a single one.

I'd actually love to see Dampierre posing as Azwel this time, not Nightmare.

BDSM themes vs visual green genitalia are two different things. When Soulcalibur 6 first released, people should be talking about how fun the game is, not about some random lizard dick shared on twitter. It made a complete joke out of the launch. It wasn't clever nor funny. I'm glad they're banning that trash
There are plenty of people writing that the only thing they've seen of the game is CaS. I've seen so many comments about that it's ridiculous.
Also just got a penalty for disconnecting from a powerpoint presentation of a fight that wasn't even my fault? It just disconnected. Is the penalty a temporary ban or what? I cant find another opponent and I keep getting network error.

Dampierre would have been more popular if he had appeared in a game that (1) wasn't a portable spin-off and (2) fans actually liked. It's dumb to write him off only because he appeared in the two least popular SoulCalibur games. (Well, aside from Legends and Lost Swords.)

I know most people won't like this, but I think I might want the next two characters to be new/guest. Partly because I'll be unreasonably pissed if we get returning characters and Hwang or Yun don't make it and partly because no matter who returns a ton of people will be complaining. If I have to hear complaints anyway and getting returning characters I don't care about will ruin my fun a considerable amount, I'd rather get no returners since it will piss me off way less. It's a bit easier to deal with not having your character when others are in the same boat. The amount of missing characters is so small already that it almost feels like they have a personal problem with the characters and that feeling will only be amplified if we get returners that are not who we want.

Long story short I think it might actually hurt the game less if we get new characters for the last 2 dlc slots

No...
Quite honestly that’s a terrible idea.
Characters that are missing help made Soulcalibur what it is today.
It doesn’t need to whore itself out so much in order to be appreciated, especially since it’s the best it’s been in years.
Soul Calibur characters deserve to be part of this instalment way more than stragglers.

I don’t mind guests... but family first.

No...
It doesn’t need to whore itself out so much in order to be appreciated, especially since it’s the best it’s been in years.
Soul Calibur characters deserve to be part of this instalment way more than stragglers.

I think its a wonderful idea and hope they actually do it.

Does anyone know what they mean by "inappropriate character creations"? I've heard about them banning people for it but do they specify what's inappropriate? Kinda stupid to limit users on what they can make in arguably one of the games best selling points.

Well, after a long grind, I can honestly say I feel relatively accomplished for getting all of the Master titles associated with each style. Perception of diffoculty may vary by your skill level with and ability to adapt to each style should you do the quest. I will say some are definitely very lenient compared to others.

There's also a title called Transcendent Blademaster from a... Well, I can't say any other fight the singleplayer offers is as stressful. I definitely learned quite a bit due to that fight and broke some bad/old habits. Also progress dealing with my weaknesses. That said, now I cam finally focus on actual training, and learning more advanced combos and such.

I can't say I had anything against any character before, and this solidified that. Nothing any player can do to me without magically modfing/hacking the game on console could ever match the level of bullshit that last fight is capable of. It was fun though. Now to enjoy other modes until 2B drops and I inevitably go for her Master and 'Soul of' titles as I'm sure there will be.
PS_Messages_20181030_220259.jpg

Last edited:
has anyone else noticed a degradation of performance on PC after the patch? I've noticed loading assets takes longer in CaS mode and it seems like the menus have even more lag.

Nope.. not on board rekindle the flame with guests in season two DLC.

I can say with complete confidence they stand a much greater chance of getting a season pass purchase from me if the remaining slots are guests rather than any other missing SC character.

One major weakness this roster has is new characters. Usually new games has more fresh faces than this. Guests are essentially new characters if only for a single game but still new. They are like more valuable, less risky versions of new characters.

Does anyone know what they mean by "inappropriate character creations"? I've heard about them banning people for it but do they specify what's inappropriate? Kinda stupid to limit users on what they can make in arguably one of the games best selling points.

AND AGAIN! are you making lizards with dicks or giving female CAS characters nipples ??? if not YOU ARE GOOD!!! god is it really that hard to understand what is not appropriate. of course they wont say literally "hey guys stop giving your creations dicks!!!" because they assume we understand what "appropriate" is.

I’m sure everyone feels that way about one particular character. And that no one agrees on one universal answer, that’s the real problem.

Inb4 the universe is a character.

Dampierre would have been more popular if he had appeared in a game that (1) wasn't a portable spin-off and (2) fans actually liked. It's dumb to write him off only because he appeared in the two least popular SoulCalibur games. (Well, aside from Legends and Lost Swords.)

Damp could make it in if there are more then 2 seasons of DLC, though it would be more wise to remake him as a perverted female character, as that would probably sell more lol. Dampatrice. DAMN, PATRICE!

No...

You notice how I said I know people won't like this? That means I already know you don't like it, so why bother telling me you don't like it? Especially when one of my points was I don't want to hear people being cry babies

Jago and KI are a microsoft property meanwhile 2B and Geralt have been on all 3 systems... so... no.
If i remember correctly, he promised Geralt on PC, char from Bloodborne for PS4, and char from KI for XBOX
Moreover, exclusive guests is a tradition of this series of games. They were in every game without exception (Link for Nin, for example).

Well, after a long grind, I can honestly say I feel relatively accomplished for getting all of the Master titles associated with each style. Perception of diffoculty may vary by your skill level with and ability to adapt to each style should you do the quest. I will say some are definitely very lenient compared to others.

There's also a title called Transcendent Blademaster from a... Well, I can't say any other fight the singleplayer offers is as stressful. I definitely learned quite a bit due to that fight and broke some bad/old habits. Also progress dealing with my weaknesses. That said, now I cam finally focus on actual training, and learning more advanced combos and such.

I can't say I had anything against any character before, and this solidified that. Nothing any player can do to me without magically modfing/hacking the game on console could ever match the level of bullshit that last fight is capable of. It was fun though. Now to enjoy other modes until 2B drops and I inevitably go for her Master and 'Soul of' titles as I'm sure there will be.
View attachment 53567
Congrats! I've done this too, and it's a good feeling, but... are you still missing a few titles? I am.

FHsJ8px.jpg

And also this one I'm pretty sure, the orange one, no clue what it is though:
7PSvzXr.jpg

If i remember correctly, he promised Geralt on PC, char from Bloodborne for PS4, and char from KI for XBOX
Moreover, exclusive guests is a tradition of this series of games. They were in every game without exception (Link for Nin, for example).

Well Geralt is on all systems so... already that isn't accurate. SC2 was the only time we had exclusive guests. I suppose you could count Kratos but that is because there was only the PSP Broken Destiny.

Back