Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

One thing I've noticed about Reversal Edge is that it works much better against some characters than others. Talim for example half the time can just keep attacking to interrupt an RE attack even if they block successfully but some others will always be hit if they hit against the block.
Yeah I noticed that when I started playing with talim after playing with taki. Yet the player kept on abusing it even after he get interrupted and smacked. I was like damn hes commited. Taki can as well to a certain character though, do a soul possession and move left/right doesnt always work though.

Just to clarify, with this example your saying a player can not RE against Talim?

What I mean is a lot of the Talim's combos and attack flows don't get fully blocked by RE. Most of the time, if you time RE correctly, it'll block the hits and do the counter attack thats start the RE cutscene. Against Talim however (and certain other characters), if she just keeps attacking upon getting blocked, often she'll interrupt the RE before the counter attack hits.

You can still try to use RE against her of course but she will often still hit you even if you time it perfectly.

can anyone tell me how I turn on the counter hit in training mode?
I see the counter hit option, I set the CPU character on counter hit and
whenever I hit him my character still does normal hit instead of counter hit?

Im confused, this is like the first training mode Iam not able to find out how to turn on the counter hit.

What are the conditions in which you or enemy can break through and interrupt a reversal Edge? It seems very random to me I haven't been able to nail down what's happening when a string breaks through it.

I've not looked into it but at a guess from experience it's attacks than can cause guard break and low attacks.

What are the conditions in which you or enemy can break through and interrupt a reversal Edge? It seems very random to me I haven't been able to nail down what's happening when a string breaks through it.

I think it's a slight delay between attacks that does it, the auto-RE block system or whatever thinks the delay means you're finished attacking and starts the counter while your string is still going.

How do y'all feel about reversal edge?

Last night for the first time in forever i ran into a player who could "intelligently" spam reversal edge in that i was successfully hit with it over and over. The reason it worked was because it was from an Azwel player who had some routine down for backing up, using projectiles then RE anytime i got close enough. He also managed the surfing dash to get himself out if i tried to punish after a whiff.

I did eventually figure out how to get around that strategy but it definitely was a lot more difficult and took more than the length of one match. It looked very flow-charty but i dont see Azwel enough so i didnt kniw what to do right away.
can anyone tell me how I turn on the counter hit in training mode?
I see the counter hit option, I set the CPU character on counter hit and
whenever I hit him my character still does normal hit instead of counter hit?

Im confused, this is like the first training mode Iam not able to find out how to turn on the counter hit.

Hmm.. not sure. I've already done it a few times so i know it works. I cant check it until later tonight so i cant run through the option step by step to help.

I think RE would be a lot better if the cinematic was sped up drastically
Would be better without it, GI is enough theres no need for RE. Cant clutter a fighting with so much mechanic. GI, RE, CE, unblockable, SC, LH, break. CE combine with RE is horrible, has anyone fought someone that abused RE gained meter and abused CE I still won but it wasnt fun.

I don't hate RE but I don't care for it either. I actually forget it's there most of the time. I will say I do like that throws have been regulated to A+G because of RE so that's a plus in my book.

Please tell them what you think so they (might) can update things in the future!

Done. It took too long before I could finally give my feedback, some of the questions felt pointless. This is what I told them:

The gameplay is fantastic, well balanced and very fun to play, but there are some things about the game I do not like. Namely, the network errors in Casual Match that keep happening randomly, the fact that you can't type freely in lobbies and that there is no search setting for opponents based on their rank in Ranked Match. The search setting based on connection type also doesn't work properly because I can get matched with 1-2 bar opponents even if I set it on 3+ bars. There is no excuse for any of these issues and they need to be fixed as soon as possible. I also don't like how customisation options from SCIV and SCV aren't present in this game (if they are DLC, that would be disappointing, but understandable). Other than that, I have no problems with the remaining game modes and I still enjoy playing the game. I would have preferred more stages and characters though, and please, no more than two guest characters.

And a little more about Verge predictions.
He predicted the father of Groh as a game character, perhaps as a game boss.
If I understand correctly from the Story Mode, the Groh's father is a Azwel.
In order to obtain magic power, he sacrificed mother of Groh to the forces of evil, and wanted to sacrifice the Groh himself.
If this version is correct, this is his prediction came true too. The Azwel is a playable character, and he is much stronger than others character.

In addition, I heard many versions on YouTube - who was the prototype for Azwel?
Mortal Kombat players believe that he is very similar to Shang Tsung.
Street Fighter players believe that he is very similar to a mixture of FANG ( very freaky experimenter, working for General Bison ... he has a very similar manner of speaking and behavior) and G ("President of the Earth ... and the Universe!")
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters5/fang.html
Oldfans remembered evil babylonian sorcerer Dogma (the final boss of arcade "Dragoon Might"):

Some youtubers believe that Azwel looks like Maximilian Dood (very similar face, hair and beard ;) ).

Back