Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I really am dreading the roses being core to her move set.
I mean I accept new moves but it seems like its just going to potentially make her play a fair bit differently to what she is.
Although they'll probably be fun at the least. I just hope the roses aren't detrimental to her or something that due to being reliant upon will give her problems.

I can definitely get down with them as regular moves but the idea of building them up does leave me concerned that she will also rely on them which I wouldn't be too into. Though my mind may change once I play her in all fairness.

Last edited:
I don't think Amy will be more reliant on the roses than 2B is on her tech points. Sort of like an optional perk. She should be strong enough without them. But hey, if the rose tossing is risk free, I'll be chucking those things like beads on Mardi Gras.
Call me presumptuous but a big thing I keep seeing in my head is her being reliant on the roses whilst the roses are also very easy to avoid or leaves her very vulnerable.

If its not something peculiar then I will be having fun with the roses too no doubt. I'm glad with the news of her being like SCIV.

That being said I never played 2B in depth enough to realize she had that, I'll probably try her out in a bit and see how it is.

Personally I think she will be definitely more reliant on roses than 2B on her tech or Zas on his time orbs. Considering that it seems to be a more robust mechanic than two previously mentioned it makes me feel it will be closer to her core gameplay rather than an additional gimmick. But only time will tell

Call me presumptuous but a big thing I keep seeing in my head is her being reliant on the roses whilst the roses are also very easy to avoid or leaves her very vulnerable.

If its not something peculiar then I will be having fun with the roses too no doubt. I'm glad with the news of her being like SCIV.

That being said I never played 2B in depth enough to realize she had that, I'll probably try her out in a bit and see how it is.
Red ones are supposedly better for block punishing and blue ones are better during combos.

I'm really curious about how we're supposed to gauge the amount of roses that have already gone into play with Amy. Is it going to be visually represented (like a gauge on the side or whatever) or just something arbitrary that you have to keep track of like Siegfried's Dark Legacy boost or Tira's Gloomy Coda?

I'm really curious about how we're supposed to gauge the amount of roses that have already gone into play with Amy. Is it going to be visually represented (like a gauge on the side or whatever) or just something arbitrary that you have to keep track of like Siegfried's Dark Legacy boost or Tira's Gloomy Coda?
Perhaps there will be a color indicator.

Yeah but that wasn't an answer to the question. Is she built to be expected to toss roses around like she's the flower girl at a wedding to gain flower power?

Yes, that's her main gimmick and it seems a lot of moves are locked behind it. Her CE also gets much stronger when she maxes the flower power out. Probably you can feasibly play her without worrying about it, but you'd be missing out on 'free' damage in a lot of cases.

Perhaps there will be a color indicator.

She glows/flashes when you max a gauge out.

Yes, that's her main gimmick and it seems a lot of moves are locked behind it. ... Probably you can feasibly play her without worrying about it, but you'd be missing out on 'free' damage in a lot of cases.
That's what I was worried about... :-/ But some other reports have suggested she also plays very much like her SCIV counterpart. I'm having a hard time squaring those two somewhat contrary takes, especially when one factors in that her Lost Swords variation was already a bit of a departure from her SCIV moveset. Could I press you for some further details? For example, if much of her SCIV moveset returns, are these legacy moves mostly the non-Soul Charged/non-Flower Powered variants, and the new powered-up moves are mostly completely new and/or drawn from her Lost Swords style? Any extra detail that can help tease apart how the new mechanics lock down/define her moveset would be immensely appreciated--thanks in advance! Ugh, gimmicks...

Last edited:
I was reading more into @Ninjaguy446 and his tweets and apparently there are two gauges that represent the blue and red. You need to hit four roses of each to fill up the gauge. He also says that Amy has two raw moves that allow you to throw the roses willy nilly but there are natural combos where they can be extensions, so in a way they’re similar to stances?

I was reading more into @Ninjaguy446 and his tweets and apparently there are two gauges that represent the blue and red. You need to hit four roses of each to fill up the gauge. He also says that Amy has two raw moves that allow you to throw the roses willy nilly but there are natural combos where they can be extensions, so in a way they’re similar to stances?
Sounds like more of a distraction/constraint on one's otherwise more fluid play/situational responses than anything, especially given that any bonus abilities/damage will certainly have been balanced by drawback adjustments to her other traits and capabilities. All together, this is making me substantially nervous that the basics of the character have been altered to at least a somewhat more significant degree than I would have hoped for, making the Amy ballet more difficult and creating a bit of a handicap for her old fans, especially initially. However, I'm more than willing to live with all of that, provided a significant number of her legacy moves are still in and not locked behind the gimmick--even if they are a little weaker or slower. But with only Ninjaguy's partial list of moves to go by (thanks for those details by the way @Ninjaguy446), and no footage, it's hard to know how much that's the case. It's going to be an anxious half-week for the Amy-mainers!

I didn't read it like there were actual gauges, but it will have the glow effect on Amy as an indicator that you've thrown enough roses. I imagine if you want the best result (purple) and it's not like, where you can throw enough blue to get blue glow, and then throw reds until you get purple glow, then you'll have to mentally count an even balance in your head, and not throw too many of one color. I mostly see it like Maxi's 7 stars technique, for the most similar thing. I wouldn't say it's strictly necessary, but will help you out if you can get it to work.

When I said gauges, I didn't mean like actual meter gauges. I meant gauges like 2B's analysis points. There are two different gauges, one for red rose and one for blue (technically white). You get the tekken sparkle aura for each respective color once you max the gauge (4 roses land).

Amy is literally SC4 Amy with new stuff. The rose aspect only make her better lol to the people who said a lot of moves are locked behind it, not really. Or if they are, all of her core moves that made her Amy in SC4 are still available. If you liked her in SC4, you're going to love her in SC6.

The roses are a good thing people, trust me lol

When I said gauges, I didn't mean like actual meter gauges. I meant gauges like 2B's analysis points. There are two different gauges, one for red rose and one for blue (technically white). You get the tekken sparkle aura for each respective color once you max the gauge (4 roses land).

Amy is literally SC4 Amy with new stuff. The rose aspect only make her better lol to the people who said a lot of moves are locked behind it, not really. Or if they are, all of her core moves that made her Amy in SC4 are still available. If you liked her in SC4, you're going to love her in SC6.

The roses are a good thing people, trust me lol

Thanks for this--it's what I was hoping to hear! I'm starting to feel a little more hyped than nervous now! }:-]

so i just started learning Seong Mi-na and i have 0 RP (obvs) but keep getting matched with people in the C&D ranks?

what the fuck

Last edited:
so i just started learning Seong Mi-na and i have 0 RP (obvs) but keep getting matched with people in the C&D ranks?

what the fuck
Sounds like a shortage of players, at least new ones. I've had my concerns for a while. Recently when I've checked causal there have been like two rooms. TWO. That ain't right.

On steam it's basically dead
Screenshot_2019-03-22-19-49-41-100_com.android.chrome.png

Back