Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I’m kind of afraid to browse CaS in case someone lewded her...

I really hope the Arcane Knight set is banned on her...
Considering it was used on her in the original promo from Broken Destiny, I rather doubt it. Though really, Amy is pretty perfect as she is, I really can't conceptualize anything that we have currently that would make her look any better than she already does. That may be the real challenge, finding something to actually use for her that works.

Amy is everything I dreamed of and more, and I'm overjoyed they didn't straight up turn her into Viola and just laid the paving stones for the future, though I hope they will consider having them both on the roster ala Siegfried/Nightmare if that time comes. Considering how much love they've put into Amy's story both in Raph and her own Soul Chronicle, it would be a waste just to replace her with Viola outright at this point.

But, as for the roses... I really don't feel it. They might as well be a suicide mechanic. Even trying to play Arcade on Easy, yes, Easy, I'm getting wrecked by the AI for the sheer reason that I'm wasting time trying to use the roses to build their meters. If that happens on Easy AI, then I can't even imagine what it'd be like for tournament level players dicking around throwing flowers during serious competition. As soon as I stopped giving a shit about the roses and pretended they didn't exist, I won a lot more easily. It feels like a useless waste of space suicide mechanic right now, which is a shame 'cause one of my favourite moves full version (:4::4::B:)is locked behind the f*cking white roses max meter, which as mentioned by someone else is harder to max out than the red one.

Hell it would even be nice if there was a proper visual representation of how far you've accumulated the metres so you knew it was worth it to keep throwing the roses, and a better indication when you've maxed one out than a brief flash that you could blink and miss. Several times I noticed my moves extending and wondered why, only to realize I'd apparently managed to max out the red rose meter without even knowing it 'cause the visual cue wasn't obvious and didn't stick around the way Dark Legacy does. I'm not asking for flashy visuals but simply a red/white aura would be enough.

Rose gripe aside, she's perfect and I'm happy to have her back in all her former glory.

With all these new mechanics for characters I hope Cassie doesn’t end up getting heart/butt points or some crap like that. I would allow guard point a la monster hunter that would be cool. Anyways Amy story is the best one by far, I think Cassie is going to feel underwhelming since she is a joke character.

Tbh I feel like [Amy] is quite damn difficult to play. Perhaps I'm just bad
She is actually deceptively hard to play (on a higher level) since base damage is crazy low and she has to work quite alot to stack up the hurt. One has to think fast and mix things up cleverly to be dangerous.

Last edited:
Yeah it makes no sense to nerf GI like this in SC6. GI should not cost guard stamina for a successful high risk high reward because not only do you have recovery frames for whiffing but break attacks cannot be guard impacted. This is getting into SC5 territory of eroding core mechanics of the series. I've had no issue with bringing GI down a notch because of the tug of war in older games gets boring and tedious when used frequently but I felt SC6 hit the sweet spot with GI until this change. Yet again Project Soul isn't thinking things though properly and is just reacting to players criticisms, hopefully GI gets sorted soon.

I honestly kind of feel like the nerf to Guard Impact was a "punishment" of sorts for us, as a "cost" to nerf their new brainchild, Reversal Edge. A double-edged sword, so to speak. They gave us what we wanted, a nerf to Reversal Edge, but just doing that would be like an admission of failure, so they also nerfed Guard Impact, to be "fair". A twisted sense of logic, to be sure, but I can't really rationalize it any other way, personally.

how much bigger is the Proving Grounds (Kilik's stage) and the Desert Stage post patch? I honestly can't tell
I feel like they've added another layer of perimeter to either stage. I definitely did notice a change, though it's subtle. They didn't re-invent the stage, it just takes a bit more to force the battle to the edge of the ring, so I'd say they accomplished what they set out to do. They're still basically the same, just a smidge larger, where it would take just a tad more effort to get to the edge. They didn't turn them into infinites, not by a long shot, but it's still a marked change, to attempt to reconcile the extreme pushback on certain moves.

With all these new mechanics for characters I hope Cassie doesn’t end up getting heart/butt points or some crap like that. I would allow guard point a la monster hunter that would be cool. Anyways Amy story is the best one by far, I think Cassie is going to feel underwhelming since she is a joke character.
I don't know that I'd call Cassandra a "joke character". She had some goofy stuff with SoulCalibur IV, sure, but her narrative is still quite serious. She's an aggressive fighter who believes in herself instead of the powers of the gods. That's definitely something that can be built upon to make an impressive character who isn't a joke. Before Amy's release, there were people who called her a joke character as well, but look at how Amy turned out, anything but a joke, if you ask me. I would be more inclined to say, between the two, if any character was more of a "joke", it was Amy, though those who read bios and other background information would have known she was quite important to Raphael's character/story, she was never given a serious focus/light until SoulCalibur VI. In that same way, I believe that they can do Cassandra justice, and have her be more than just a ditzy booty warrior.

The winter rose headband clashes with a lot of hair. I'm also confused by the fact that a high armor break doesn't give Amy viola hair. You have to equip her with it as far as I know.
It's the same as all other breakable hair. Using the base Amy, her hair will break into the hair down style along with the headband. If you make a creation, be it on Amy or an original character, the hair doesn't break. The hair styles for Tira, Sophitia, Seong Mi-na, and Maxi all behave in the same way.

They should have given Amy a bit more damage dealt from an array of base moves. Their weak properties become rather ridiculous when compared to similar ones from others. Her base strings are also short and don't amount to much. The balance feels off as she has that constant uphill struggle against characters with fast, super strong single moves like Sophitia or Yoshimitsu who will even out the round with two quick hits when Amy had to grind hard for the damage. Even Talim (closest comparison I guess) has moves and strings that deal respectable hurt.

A galaxy brain moment from yours truly. This is in addition to purple being Viola's signature color but that's also too obvious.
Screenshot_20190327-180926.jpg

Amy is pretty fun at the moment, I'm trying to see what best ways to build up her roses best, her red ones seem to give her an incredible push forward!
Thankfully her old moves are also pretty much intact.
Also I'm glad the Amy isn't Viola theory can pretty much be put to sleep now, I hope they don't do some awkward cop out later on.

They should have given Amy a bit more damage dealt from an array of base moves. Their weak properties become rather ridiculous when compared to similar ones from others. Her base strings are also short and don't amount to much. The balance feels off as she has that constant uphill struggle against characters with fast, super strong single moves like Sophitia or Yoshimitsu who will even out the round with two quick hits when Amy had to grind hard for the damage. Even Talim (closest comparison I guess) has moves and strings that deal respectable hurt.
Those are some valid points but then again - with time it will be probably easier to get roses. Also - and I may be wrong about this so correct me if I do - isn't she quite safe? I mean her 22B or 3B aren't punishable iirc

Guys, I did ask you nicely to move all Amy discussions/findings/impressions to the proper threads. This is the General Discussion thread, it's not the thread to discuss topics about Amy and yet you guys have done so for multiple pages.

I'm going to ask once more, nicely, please move all discussions about Amy to the proper threads, thanks.

Guys, I did ask you nicely to move all Amy discussions/findings/impressions to the proper threads. This is the General Discussion thread, it's not the thread to discuss topics about Amy and yet you guys have done so for multiple pages.

I'm going to ask once more, nicely, please move all discussions about Amy to the proper threads, thanks.
Which if anyone was wondering is this thread here.

Seconding Windstar's sentiment; let's get all the Amy info collated in her Soul Arena so that more people will benefit :)

Back