Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

A question that came to my mind what type of character is Talim? Is she supposed to be a rush down character? Taki and Maxi seem more like rush down characters than her.

E3 was a very unimaginative performance for Project Soul from a PR point of view. I doubt they will have attracted too many newcomers to the franchise; still, they showed us new gameplay, release date, that tiny story trailer, and some hints.

I guess any promotion is better than no promotion at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A question that came to my mind what type of character is Talim? Is she supposed to be a rush down character? Taki and Maxi seem more like rush down characters than her.
Not really, Xiba is actually a great example of a rushdown character, I'd say Talim is more of a mix-up speedster, while Maxi is pretty stance-heavy, like Tekken's Eddy with elements of Lei Wulong I guess, Taki is a bit more tricky, she used to be a stance character, but they changed her into a more of a rushdown speedster, Natsu is even weirder because her damage is crazy.

Again with only 2 newcomers?! boy are you guys gonna be surprised when the full roster's gonna be revealed, there's no freaking way SCVI will have only 2 newcomers (excluding guests).
SoulCalibur IV only introduced Hilde and Algol as new fighters. That's only two excluding guest characters and the bonus characters that reuse existing movesets. I think it's safe to say we're only going to see one or maybe two more new characters in addition to Grøh.

SoulCalibur IV only introduced Hilde and Algol as new fighters. That's only two excluding guest characters and the bonus characters that reuse existing movesets. I think it's safe to say we're only going to see one or maybe two more new characters in addition to Grøh.
SC1 introduced 6 characters who's movelist was mostly unique.
SC2 introduced 4.
and finally SCV, which is the example we need to go with anyways, introduced at least 4 unique movesets: Z.W.E.I, Viola, Patroklos (regular) and Xiba (who's had just as many unique moves as he had Kilik's or Seong Mi-na's moves) and you can argue a fifth one with Pyrrha (regular), who's not really Cassanrda or Sophitia either, and that's not counting random-style characters, guests, or even characters with identical movesets, I'd expect SCVI to have AT LEAST 4 playable newcomers if not more.

Last edited:
SC1 introduced 6 characters who's movelist was mostly unique.
SC2 introduced 4.
and finally SCV, which is the example we need to go with anyways, introduced at least 4 unique movesets: Z.W.E.I, Viola, Patroklos (regular) and Xiba (who's had just as many unique moves as he had Kilik's or Seong Mi-na's moves) and you can argue a fifth one with Pyrrha (regular), who's not really Cassanrda or Sophitia either, and that's not counting random-style characters, guests, or even characters with identical movesets, I'd expect SCVI to have AT LEAST 4 playable newcomers if not more.
You'd maybe have a point if this was a sequel in the truest sense. But no. This is is reboot and classic throwback. It's kind of weird that we have even a single new character, honestly.

This is is reboot and classic throwback.
A SOFT reboot, and even at that you have no point, because they are "rebooting" SC1 which I believe introduced the MOST characters, either way you look at it, they're gonna have to be a lot of newcomers, now to me, the number of newcomers depends on just how many guests they are going to include, which I'd think around 2-3 would be fair in today's standards, if they introduce 2, then I think 5-6 newcomers would be very possible, if there are 3 guests, then 4-5 newcomers would be very fair, either way I hope most of you are excepting of this reality, because if you're not, maybe you're looking for the wrong game here.

Well one of my OCs is an archer/swashbuckler type but I see one of my main antagonists as needing Raph’s style although I may give him Groh’s. Amy’s ballet doesn’t suit him to the point I’ll be forced to use the hand slitting/ rapier rub winpose. Really gendered movements are my impossible wish for CaS.

But Cassie or Lizzie hates are gonna be pissed. Of course, no Salia could equal Raph... Still only two new males is off..

And is there a good video of the forest stage without commentary. That track is amazing.

Salia is suspicious enough by virtue of being nearly Bangoo tiers of hints of being playable.

Back