Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I never like there being a random select spot in a fighter. I feel like instead it should always be a character that randomly chooses one of the character's fighting styles for a match. If people want to use someone at random they can just move the cursor around fast.

Better yet, it should be "Press Y" or "Press ▲" for random select it should not be a character slot its just a waste of slot.

Random is not really a "waste of a slot" as it doesn't take away any potential characters, and takes next to no resources to implement. Some's problem with it may be because it got our hopes up of having one more character in the roster than there really is. There is no negative to giving it a slot.

oh i feel like groh's dad (if he is in) would go down the middle. i have a feeling he is going to be a character that doesn't see everything as white or black.

Agree with you.
Also the a successfull GI recovers much soul gauge, so whiffing some of them isn't a problem.

But compared to the new mechanic RE - GI is OK.
You can Just go into RE, kill 99% mindgame + safe dmg and on the RPS after that just go defensive.
Also it gives you a ton of meta ...
Exactly...great point...smh they purposely made 2 mechanics that essentially do the same thing...just so a masher can feel like they're actually doing something. You should also have to break throws and guess right.. ya know, beat them the correct way. Lol on top then u make throws easier to break..it's just unnecessary. Like. Adding a mechanic to replace an actual brain is beyond me. A newbie just can't walk into the dojo n beat everyone down with years of experience..doesn't work like that. Hey let's just make all moves track as well..so I don't to guess which way my opponent will sidestep. ;)

Random is not really a "waste of a slot" as it doesn't take away any potential characters, and takes next to no resources to implement. Some's problem with it may be because it got our hopes up of having one more character in the roster than there really is. There is no negative to giving it a slot.

And you are correct on this, but its more about that feeling that whenever you see the Random slot that makes you wonder "which character could have been there?" that feels unpleasant to see.
FeelsBadMan.png

Last edited:
SC6.jpg

Here's my predicted list if the roster size stays the same. I had Tira/Talim switched with Cerv/Hilde. I wanted to put Tira next to Nightmare because they are both ya know like super evil but so is Cerv. I went off Verg and hints from the people making the game.

I need to get my photoshop skills up

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a large difference between ps4 and ps4 pro versions of the game? Were there different demos at e3?

I know tekken 7 runs at 894p(upsaled) on ps4 and 1080p on Pro. Has better shaders and aliaising.

Just doing the empty slots and a few variations this time.

Papa Groh/Talim - Tira/Cervantes
Astaroth
CaS/Inferno - Voldo
Whoever isn’t on very top
What’re the slot between Kilik and Groh isn’t-Cassandra/Mi-Na - Raph/Papa Groh- Korean Swordsman/Lizzy

To me the middle folks, minus Geralt, have all been important in some way to the swords.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a large difference between ps4 and ps4 pro versions of the game? Were there different demos at e3?

I know tekken 7 runs at 894p(upsaled) on ps4 and 1080p on Pro. Has better shaders and aliaising.

Probably. I haven't seen anything confirmed on the matter, but I'm willing to wager that the PS4 Pro and PC versions will reign supreme. Footage up until E3 has exclusively shown PC footage, but with E3 we were introduced to PS4 Pro footage. I don't think any kind of side-by-side comparison has been done between the two yet, but you can bet that there will be differences on each platform. How large, who knows?

View attachment 49514

Here's my predicted list if the roster size stays the same. I had Tira/Talim switched with Cerv/Hilde. I wanted to put Tira next to Nightmare because they are both ya know like super evil but so is Cerv. I went off Verg and hints from the people making the game.

I need to get my photoshop skills up
I think it's the Lizardman at the top right.
Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth and Lizardman are the evil quartet. ;)
0hbzy4j.png

How would you feel if this was the overall roster?

PM4DRNN[1].jpg

Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Grøh, Nightmare, Xianghua, Kilik, Maxi, Lizardman, Seong Mi-na, Tira, New Character (Male), New Character, Raphael (DLC), Toki (DLC)

Bottom

Ivy, Zasalamel, Geralt, Siegfried, Taki, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Astaroth, Talim, Voldo, New Character (Female), Algol (Pre-Order Bonus), Setsuka (DLC), 2B (DLC)

Going with the idea that we have 23 base characters and a bonus that I'm presuming is a pre-order, plus at least four DLC fighters, I tried my hand at this based on what we know, leaks, and general speculation. Just wondering what you guys would think of this.

. I don't think any kind of side-by-side comparison has been done between the two yet, but you can bet that there will be differences on each platform. How large, who knows?
It's most likely ill-advised to do a side-by-side comparison before the full game releases as advances along the development timeline will also affect quality, i.e. the build at E3 definitely looked way better than the first build we saw at TGA when it was first revealed (using PC footage), however this then begs the question, is it;

(A). Due to the graphics simply looking better on the PS4 than the PC, or;​
(B). Due to development progressing and the graphics becoming more developed?​

As a result it's best to wait till the entire game is released and then do a comparison to see which is better.

They were the third set of reveals if I’m not mistaken.

Four months to go and the pre-order DLC has me curious if we get the CaS trailer, but after V I’m hoping it’s that supposed other story for CaS even though that needs the former to be shown first.

Wait, did I miss something? Since when do we have pre-order DLC? Unless you're using that as synonymous with the bonus DLC character for the Season Pass, but that's not the same thing.

@Nyte, no, I'm not okay with getting Algol over Hilde, but what would your plans be for Toki? And you're differentiating him from a new male character?

Wait, did I miss something? Since when do we have pre-order DLC? Unless you're using that as synonymous with the bonus DLC character for the Season Pass, but that's not the same thing.

@Nyte, no, I'm not okay with getting Algol over Hilde, but what would your plans be for Toki? And you're differentiating him from a new male character?
I put Algol in mainly because he's so tied to the SC lore that they want to tell (the Aval Organization that Groh is from specifically is related to him). As for Toki, he could have all sorts of demonic ninja moves.

• 4 new characters
  • No Hilde, Yun Seong or Cassandra
  • Algol as pre-order Bonus
  • Toki!?
I respect your opinion but no...
View attachment 49521
  • What's wrong with having new characters?
  • Yeah, I'll admit I forgot Cassandra by accident when I made this, but Hilde was from SCIV and had no relevance at this point and Yun-seong adds nothing.
  • Algol is heavily tied to the lore and would make sense as a bonus.
  • Toki could bring something completely unique with a new moveset, appearance, story and style.
Are you forgetting the game is mainly based on SCI with additional characters?

Back