Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Has it actually been confirmed that 2P costumes won't be available or is it just speculation? Maybe they'll be unlockable after reaching certain milestones with each character?

Has it actually been confirmed that 2P costumes won't be available or is it just speculation? Maybe they'll be unlockable after reaching certain milestones with each character?
It's possible that SC6 has taken the T7 route with new/classic constumes but I get the feeling that we won't have a detailed answer until retail release or when the review embargo is lifted.

You had to get creative. Some characters though are difficult to create costumes for like Voldo. I stick with my OCs though.

And I’m hopeful those bottom slots will be filled with non-DLC.

I’m honestly anxious too and think you guys aren’t helping. Don’t jynx it. Okubo seemed passionate but was sadly a cog in the system. Those tweets about stressing probably actually meant something.
I given up all hope, I already assumed I'll be disappointed by the final roster that I almost don't expect at all to be surprised by anything they can throw at us at this point.
Maybe they'll prove me wrong but as of for now it's really unlikely. :/

No 2P costumes (I had a feeling what they meant when they confirmed alt costumes was alt coloring...curious how many color versions of the 1P there might be. If it's just 1 additional color palette quite disappointing....would be nice if we could change the color to a few different swaps. Would make up for the lack of a second somewhat.)

They showed Create-a-Soul content but now I'm worried what we saw is all there actually is...

Is Cervantes, Inferno, and Azwel going to be the last three characters revealed and a slot is taken for Tira, Create-a-Soul, and a slot for the remaining DLC...worst case scenario. Still better than 3 mimics.
Reminds me of SCV incident, when it was close to release and they didn't reveal the last few characters and then it leaked and nothing but disappointment and wtf or was I thinking about something else.

Tekken 7 is clearly the superior game in this regard.
I'm sorry, but what? Tekken 7 customization is extremely limiting and if you wanna call this
sorry number a polished and unique designs

1534969991540.png

Or this one
1534970111609.png

Yah sure you can, it doesn't change the fact that most of these "alternative" costumes are only exclusive items pieces and can be constructed as costumes.

I'm sorry, but what? Tekken 7 customization is extremely limiting and if you wanna call this
sorry number a polished and unique designs

View attachment 50460

Or this one
View attachment 50461

Yah sure you can, it doesn't change the fact that most of these "alternative" costumes are only exclusive items pieces and can be constructed as costumes.
They're superior because those costumes are designed around their body shapes making them fit the characters properly. The universal pieces don't have that polish which give a hack look about them with only a handful of pieces fitting certain characters.

Really Cervantes style was revealed by IGN...hopefully this means an early September reveal for either him or and then they save something unexpected for TGS and October. How they deal with this early reveal will determine what the remaining roster looks like. If they don't reveal him before TGS then I'm not very hopeful for the amount of remaining playable characters.

You're not getting them as DLC really and it's mostly to do with business models today.

Why make 2p costumes when you could sell costume parts as DLC. You need default costumes, but right now there's a pretty heavy trend towards making default costumes unappealing and then doing DLC for what people want. This often winds up with lots of sex appeal DLC (Swimsuits for everyone), but also includes shit like classic birdie for SFV.

It's a shitty and annoying practice but also just how the market is going. The upside for something like SC is that at least you'll be getting CAS parts rather than costumes, but you're still going to be nickle and dimed the whole way.

From a dev side (speculating) it does make some sense as an official costume needs to be MUCH higher quality than individual parts. Not only must you make all the asethtics but then you need to make sure they interact with the character correctly (voldo being an obvious example where this is tricky). If you take the same parts and break them into CAS pieces you're saving dev time because while they can now use those parts for anything (good) it's unlikely they'll interact in a high quality manner (lots of clipping/weirdness, which is near impossible to prevent for something that'll be used across the cast and on a bunch of different body types).

If we're lucky namco will at least make sure that parts intended as 2p costumes for customization work well on the intended model, but I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near as high quality as if they were designed to be just for the character exclusively.
It's the bullcrap namco does, not just with SC but what they did with tekken7 and the tales series. The tales series use to have costumes which was apart of the games but then they took them out, like the swimsuits and butler costumes and made them dlc. There attachments system isn't that great either. It's like they had potential but always fall short of what it could have been. Yeah its not a 100% big deal and we'll still play it but damn it's annoying and hits hard for me.

They're superior because those costumes are designed around their body shapes making them fit the characters properly. The universal pieces don't have that polish which give a hack look about them with only a handful of pieces fitting certain characters.
A good fit doesn't make a good design. It is kinda sad you were not here back in the day, people made CaS far superior than anything Tekken 7 had to offer.

2p is no big deal.. their goal is obviously to get us to buy the dlc and to get the community more involved in creation mode.

The big picture is the emphasis on creation is going to increase the lifespan of the casual fan. This is actually a good thing in terms of the games longevity.

I made alternate costumes that were far superior to the originals in soul calibur 5, as long as we have a lot of pieces to work with, I'm excited to get in creation.

That's why there should be a adjustable option to tighten them or something to make them fit nicely. When it comes down to customization you need a lot of options to actually create a good decent un-generic characters.

I think a big problem is that they didn't correct the misconceptions about certain things earlier which was funny enough one of the issues of V's launch. Hopefully the lack of 2P and Tira as day 1 DLC is the worst they have to give us and we'll be pleasantly surprised with the rest...although I am much more pessimistic than before Gamescom.

I'm seeing some confusing things on this page.

Color editing:
We've been able to fully color edit existing costumes and custom creations/outfits for the past couple games at least. Yet i see comments to the effect of "hopefully we get multiple color edits". I dont understand, we should have basically unlimited options for that if its anything like the previous games.

2P costumes:
Kind of irrellevant if we have custom equipment anyway. SC4 technically had 2P costumes but those were all available as individual CAS pieces so depending on how you look at that, one could say it didnt have any either. The only difference i see is you would have to manually go through each character and make/save whatever you want rather than if the game has them immediately available and put together. I would assume people would be pissed if 2P costumes werent available as individual equipment. So then what exactly is the problem? I suppose this will all boil down to what exactly is available on that list of equipment and if a lot of the pieces consist of previous game's costumes or not.

2P costumes:
Kind of irrellevant if we have custom equipment anyway. SC4 technically had 2P costumes but those were all available as individual CAS pieces so depending on how you look at that, one could say it didnt have any either. The only difference i see is you would have to manually go through each character and make/save whatever you want rather than if the game has them immediately available and put together. I would assume people would be pissed if 2P costumes werent available as individual equipment. So then what exactly is the problem? I suppose this will all boil down to what exactly is available on that list of equipment and if a lot of the pieces consist of previous game's costumes or not.

Yes, they were available as CaS pieces, but they were also much more detailed and better crafted than the rest of the game's regular CaS pieces (also, there was still a palpable difference in quality when you compared the CaS-able pieces with the actual 2P costumes).

This is a strawman argument to my point about universal clothing not having the polish fitting the body shapes of the characters.
No it is not, your argument is that due to being eclusive pieces they have a better fit and their design looks more polished, my argument is that the fit is one of the things that make the design good or bad, but is hardly the end all of it.

You seem to think Tekken customization is better, even though is much more limiting and lacking in features, because the exclusive items have a tighter fit, which on itself is not even a real issue cuz most characters fit well enough in CaS parts.

I don't think this should drag on, you can DM if you like.

Back