Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Bamco wants SC dead... it's up to us to fight to prevent that from happening!

It's really sad if what Vergeben says is true, but that's how video games work nowadays... Wait and see!

Honestly i start to feel tired of this Bamco's emotional blackmail. I would like that they generate positive hype from a positive anouncement. TGS is probably their best occasion to do it. And this month, their last chance.

If Bamco really plans to release Lizardman + Hwang as dlc (and then exclude Setsuka, Hilde, Cassandra, etc.), i really hope that they have a stunning anouncement at TGS. Something enough stunning to compensate the incoming shitstorm.

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. But from that hiatus came some information that I was not just told to share, but encouraged to.
Here it is.
I was told that apparently the leaked build from Australia is the build that went to print. As in that is the launch roster and the last two guys (you can guess who they are but it's very obvious who they are) got CUT and relegated to being DLC. Maybe because of time constraints or a way to just make more money. We're not sure the exacts on that end. But instead of 23 on launch its now 21. I'm hoping there's a day 1 patch that adds the remaining two characters as unlockables or something but they stressed that this is really concerning what happened.
about it.
op3crt.jpg

While on the topic speaking of DLC, it was said that most people are completely blocked off and kept from knowing who the DLC Guest is. All that is somewhat known is that its apparently going to be huge deal, which was why Okubo talked about how discussions were still going on when asked about it.

HUGE Deal, hummm wonder who's dat guest character?

images

Overall even tho i don't usually use much both characters but i'd be glad to see Hwang and Lizardman make in the game it in some way..

Only thing that may sucks too bad is Setsuka may not make it, easily my second favorite SC female character in both design and gameplay wise.

Honestly i start to feel tired of this Bamco's emotional blackmail. I would like that they generate positive hype from a positive anouncement. TGS is probably their best occasion to do it. And this month, their last chance.

If Bamco really plans to release Lizardman + Hwang as dlc (and then exclude Setsuka, Hilde, Cassandra, etc.), i really hope that they have a stunning anouncement at TGS. Something enough stunning to compensate the incoming shitstorm.
Hopefully... because unhappy people are way louder than happy people. One bad article is stronger than ten good ones...

Hopefully... because unhappy people are way louder than happy people. One bad article is stronger than ten good ones...

What about Cassandra, Setsuka or Amy at TGS ?
Seeing the Cassandra fans' motivation, Cassandra release would certainly be enough to compensate the Hwang/Lizardman shitstorm. Cassandra's sandwich men army.

etc. ^^

Last edited:
Here's hoping they reveal what we get for the Season Pass. If they have been relegated to DLC then must mean they have some work done for them already. Saturday gonna be lit! Hopefully!

In regards to Verg saying the Melbourne incident was the final build i dont think thats the case. I'm pretty sure that build has been around since june/july back when talim was revealed. We only got a little bit of footage back then of talim and voldo that was from IGN and edited to only show the matches and no menus. If they had a build with those characters and not cerv/raph we would have seen it by now, but tournies are still using the E3 build. Regardless we will see what happens in a few days.

That sort of thing could be easily fixed with a day-one patch.

Which people who play the game offline wouldn't get, hence many people would have a character with a bunch of placeholders in their full price retail game. It's one thing going gold with bugs and fixing them later but not finishing a characters moveset isn't something they'd just leave for a patch.

It does seem likely that it was IGN's build, we would've seen it already if it was only Talim and Voldo (plus there's them accidentally showing Cervantes after the gamescom Libra/CaS trailer, so they definitely had Cervantes at least).

Curious as to when they were decided to be cut, must've been early enough in development to not focus on them too hard, but late enough that at least *some* assets had already been made.

Of course some of that was presented after the announcement of 4 DLC characters. So the question is, were other characters being worked on for DLC but then pushed aside when the two were cut? Or were these two planned as DLC from very early on but they decided "fuck it" and made certain assets appear anyway?

IDK the timeline doesn't match up in my head.

Anyhow I'm off on holiday so don't riot too much now, if you please.

Some people may datamine those characters and find things once the game is out, i remember when MVC3 was datamine and Jill was found to be in the game already but not fully complete (some moves were missing and such)

Well there goes my hope for Setsuka :'(

I'm sad, but at the same time getting Hwang back after such a long time is very exciting! I can't wait to see his design and gameplay.

I don't care as much about Lizardman, but i do hope he gets a brand new design. If he looks as generic as the one you can create in CaS then i'll be disappointed.

Man, i hope this game sells well enough for them to consider a 2nd season pass.

Considering we have Create-A-Soul Lizardman if Lizzie isn't in the base roster people are going to be extremely pissed especially if he appears in story mode as well. No one wants to pay for lizardman except for lizardman mains (conveniently he is one of the characters I play). I'm going to be buying the game but if this doesn't get a season 2 for DLC I will be very disappointed for everyone who didn't get their character. The DLC is supposed to sell you into getting a season pass...not sure this will be capable of doing so for anyone outside of enthusiasts. If Season Pass 1 doesn't sell well we might not get a season pass 2 to begin with.

As far as a guest character goes I'm extremely disappointed that we're getting a second one to begin with. I can't think of any character from any medium I would rather have more than any of the characters (except Patroklos) not in the game. If they happen to get one I actually would prefer more then color me surprised. I hope to hell it isn't a Game of Thrones character...never bothered with the series and never plan to.

That said this also might be an elaborate ruse to deflate people's expectations and then reveal something completely unexpected and raise the hype level for the game (so that when they drop the news about the DLC characters people are less upset). Or they could add a character to the season pass. I'll be honest having the entire SCII main cast except for Cassandra (and Yun-Seong/Hwang) irks me so I hope they at least make her/them in the game via base or DLC at some point.

Well there goes my hope for Setsuka :'(

I'm sad, but at the same time getting Hwang back after such a long time is very exciting! I can't wait to see his design and gameplay.

I don't care as much about Lizardman, but i do hope he gets a brand new design. If he looks as generic as the one you can create in CaS then i'll be disappointed.

Man, i hope this game sells well enough for them to consider a 2nd season pass.
Ok, now I'M missing something. Who the hell confirmed we're getting Hwang? Last time I checked in, people were still interchangeably mentioning Hwang and Yun Sung due to their empty hopes. :D

Of course some of that was presented after the announcement of 4 DLC characters. So the question is, were other characters being worked on for DLC but then pushed aside when the two were cut? Or were these two planned as DLC from very early on but they decided "fuck it" and made certain assets appear anyway?
Well the early leaks did say Zasalamel was expected to be DLC and that obviously changed...perhaps he took Lizardman's spot since I'm sure Lizardman wouldn't be the best narrator for Libra of Soul mode.

Back