Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Were characters like Alpha Patroklos and Kilik not considered bonuses? They were unlockables.
They were unlockable yeah, but I think most refer to bonus characters to mean like bonus characters in III or IV - characters without their own, unique style like Ashlotte.

They were unlockable yeah, but I think most refer to bonus characters to mean like bonus characters in III or IV - characters without their own, unique style like Ashlotte.
Ahh, I see. I counted them because Alpha was mostly based on Setsuka and Omega seemed to be mostly based on Sophitia. Low cost ways of implementing old playstyles in, even though they had changes.

I'm assuming a similar thing will happen with Lizardman being a more masculine alt of Sophitia with his bite attack.

It's sad to see very little appreciation for Okubo and the team's budget allocation. We don't know how much money they got to make this game, but from what we've seen it doesn't look like a lot. Yet, they invested the most money in the strong suits of the game (most important and fan favorite characters with edited or updated movelists; satisfying supers etc) and revitalized the gameplay making it fun to watch even for people who have no idea what the game works like. This last thing is what no other soulcalibur title had, spectacular (for onlookers) and engaging battles with amazing music that really brings out the epic feel of the game. It's really cool to just watch it, even for people who generally dislike fighting games. And it overall just looks better than other fighters and it's exciting. A lot of "normies" who comment on facebook are actually more positive about this game than most people here... I bet if the game gets some attention on twitch, it has no chance of flopping.
Oh tell me about it everywhere else I go people are WAY more positive about the game. There has been arguments all over this thread over the dumbest little things. Me? I'm just greatful we have another soul calibur game with a decent amount of content. I can already say that the offline content for this game is already greater than that of tekken 7 and thank god it is. Cus I haven't touched tekken 7 in months. Lol. But yeah I agree the negativity on here is definitely too overboard.

Seeing Nightmare empower himself with the fragment of Soul Edge was too epic for my 9 year old brain to handle and I immediately wanted a copy of the game. Needless to say, the first characters I tried out were Link and Nightmare before switching to Assassin.

For me, it was too much for my 12 year old brain, lol! I, too, was interested in Link and Nightmare as playable characters. I played Nightmare A LOT in SC2, then moved on to Siegfried and it has been this way ever since.
My feelings of butthurt about Hwang and Lizzy as DLC have finally subsided, and now I am looking forward to this game and appreciating what we do end up with! I have too many fond memories of this series to criticize Soul Calibur VI too harshly.

For me, it was too much for my 12 year old brain, lol! I, too, was interested in Link and Nightmare as playable characters. I played Nightmare A LOT in SC2, then moved on to Siegfried and it has been this way ever since.
My feelings of butthurt about Hwang and Lizzy as DLC have finally subsided, and now I am looking forward to this game and appreciating what we do end up with! I have too many fond memories of this series to criticize Soul Calibur VI too harshly.
I agree. and I've been a fan since sc1 I was your age too when sc2 came out and 7 when sc1 came out. So this franchise is a big part of my childhood. And many others on here. I'm glad for what we are getting and mega greatful that sc5 didn't kill the series. Here's hoping to a big series revival!

My main Hwang isn't in the game but I'm still buying it. The disappointing roster size isn't enough to prevent me from enjoying the game.

Anyone who chooses not to purchase SoulCalibur VI because their favorite character isn't in it aren't real SoulCalibur fans. This is the last opportunity the franchise has and we need to be grateful of what Okubo and Project Soul has accomplished despite the low budget treatment. People who don't make their purchase because of character reasons are all bark no bite since now would be where we should be worrying about sales and not characters.

Characters like Hwang, Aeon, Cassandra, Yun-Seong, Setsuka, and Hilde can still come later but we won't even be seeing Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Taki, Kilik, Xianghua, or Nightmare in the future if the game doesn't do well.

E3 build again...
FNenQQyZXpEz.gif

"we don't have any characters you haven't seen but we can't show the character select screen"
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
When he said we can't see it, I'm pretty sure he just meant literally, as the camera was on them.

I think they just weren't showing it because they wanted to talk to the camera directly at those parts. Otherwise why wouldn't they be using any of the post-E3 confirmed characters?

I'm just thinking about the next 24 hours...

Will Hayate be the first to show us something exclusive - or might that come from the Birmingham event with it's "exclusive build" instead?

Reactions: Pac
Another theory:

Tira leaked by Verge originally: became DLC

Zas leaked by Verge for DLC: Verge corrected himself shortly before Zas got revealed

Raphael stress sweat: It was the glasses apparently.

Groh’s dad: Not sure if he’s Azwel or not. The latter looks too creepy for some chick to willing let him stick his Palindrome into.

So... let’s not assume Hwang and Aeon are locks for DLC other than the Azwel leaker.
Cassandra was leaked by Verge twice......

Back