Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

TBH and IMO,its not a good idea bro because killing off characters and removing characters is what made SC5 bad and and what i assume more than half of the community hated about SC 5. introducing more characters is fine but not at the cost of characters we know and love. cutting characters because of popularity is another issue on its own.
What i would like to see is Patroklos style back, but not Patroklos himself, so i mean his personality as a character not coming back, if it would be possible to have give someone else his style like maybe Sophitia's husband Rothion, this would imply a lore change has to be made for this to happen which i hope could happen in SC 7 only time will tell.
Sophitia is the kind of character that could come back as an angel/god. So it wouldn't be like she would dissapear forever. Also, techically she's officially dead. It's just that it happened of screen. Having the scene with her protecting her daughter and blessing her so she can protect herself would really help Phyrra as a character.

Patroklos style shares some moveset with Cassandra, so she could uses his iddle animation and get some of his attacks. It wouldn't interfere with the canon and it can happen in VI already.

Also, Patroklos is less cocky when V ends, he could be more likable in his combat dialogue, even if i want him to still be a piece of shit at the moment he makes his choices.

amy231.png

Kappa

If I only this could be seen as a hint that she's awaiting to join the roster ;)

I do love how much he references her though. Doesn't he still have "Quickly now! Amy awaits me!" too? Kinda weird to have two so-similar sounding lines.
Yup, still has it.

latin american countries are indeed underrepresented, but not brazil, brazil or mexico always take the spots , and thats wrong, same thing can be said of europe, that by the way seeing scandinavian representation here for a change is nice

There are many reasons for the underrepresentation, those countries are still young, civil wars, ruled under brutal dictatorships, economic might, unfriendly towards video game business, the video game industry is still very young but there's also the fact that there will be games you haven't played that do represent those countries, or at least those regions when nation boarders weren't a thing. Besides the best people to represent nations on the world stage is for those nations to have successful games from the people that live there.

Also the Scandinavian region has tons of representation in video games, literlally the home of Norse mythology.

There are many reasons for the underrepresentation, those countries are still young, civil wars, ruled under brutal dictatorships, economic might, unfriendly towards video game business, the video game industry is still very young but there's also the fact that there will be games you haven't played that do represent those countries, or at least those regions when nation boarders weren't a thing. Besides the best people to represent nations on the world stage is for those nations to have successful games from the people that live there.

Also the Scandinavian region has tons of representation in video games, literlally the home of Norse mythology.

The God of War game literally just came out earlier this year, and is completely rife with Norse mythology. Tekken also has Lars in terms of Scandinavian representation, but he falls in line with Grøh as "too much anime, not enough Scandinavia".

"People who actually understand the language you were speaking say you said X. But someone else says you said Y. Which is it??"
"I said X, you dumbass gaijin."
To be fair on the stream I watched the translator spoke over Okubo so I was initially confused as to how anyone heard anything before quickly realizing there would have to have been a stream without a translator present.

Regarding nation boarders, this map around the same time period as SC6 will show just how much Europe has changed over the centuries, even Germany doesn't exist at this point as it's a collection of states under the Holy Roman Empire

Map Europe Boarders 1587.png

I've never had a problem with that Reddit. People gives the thumbs down when they disagree or read similar messages constantly.
It's not like they get salty. But it's that there's no place like here.

That soul calibur reddit seems okay, but certain reddits can be terrible because the downvoting system in combo with the default setting to hide negative vote posts can really discourage unpopular opinions.

Back