Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

More gameplay (40min) from the network test. Taki, Sophi, Sieg, Kilik and more Talim.

Kilik is the most different in my opinion out of the chars I've played so far. Also my worst too (That Soul Charge + CE is way too strong).

I'm glad that after five minutes with the game, I'm not too worried about RE as much anymore. I also had my first RE spammer, that was fun. Love Talim's CE and she has so many awesome options. Sieg and Taki are a lot more similar then there previous iterations just with a bit more tools and some more interesting and functional moves. Kilik is what's changed the most though and is gonna take a bit of getting used to for me.

Last edited:
Feels like 8WR is extremely muted here. Even less useful than in SC5. It may be that Groh/Zas just don't have good 8WR options, or that the opponents I'm facing are so terrible to appropriately punish through 8WR since all they do is mash strings.

Feels like 8WR is extremely muted here. Even less useful than in SC5. It may be that Groh/Zas just don't have good 8WR options, or that the opponents I'm facing are so terrible to appropriately punish through 8WR since all they do is mash strings.

8WR is still pretty strong. It's probably like you said, lots of people are picking up the game for the first time but from what I've played the moment you start utilizing 8WR properly you start trouncing most of the people atm. That and, so many people are just mashing the same strings. Good thing it lets me experiment a bit though.

Taki, during RE w/ Voldo:

“The way that you move freaks me out!”
That sounds so OOC from her. Almost sounds like an ad-lib.

That's great. That and Mina randomly commenting on Ivy's bust size, funny stuff, I wonder what other lines there are. If Mina is the only character to comment on Ivy for example, I wonder why Mina in particular got that role. On Taki, maybe she's serious most of the time but occasionally lighthearted, like Chun-Li. Not that ninjas and interpol cops have similar backgrounds, but they seem like they could hang out.

Just finished playing had a lot of fun but man the number the times I did super by accident when trying for soul charge

That's funny, even though I think I realized that, I do keep doing quarter circles before R2 like a classic 2D super move, since that's how it was in SCV.

I got stomped by jonnitti and probably on stream but I'm winning overall and learning tactics. I need practice mode and some bubble tea. I honestly didn't know that Ivy's SE 8B+K rings out, I thought it just did wallsplat.

??? Talim is pretty beast from what I've played of her so far.
she gets pushed out of attack range from block, allot of her longer range attacks are too slow to be useful for closing the gap, her jumps don't have nearly enough distance or lack of defensive ability to make them worth the risk of just getting smacked, that wind canon she does is super unsafe from back jump and is really inconsistent cause her range is so weak, she has very little safe mixups or useful lows at all, her fucking bb is useless due to forced RE and the standard bb leaves you at neutral, her back turn and side turn are still unsafe as all hell. Like her options are severely limited when compared to other characters with stances, her startup for CE is way too long and again is unsafe especially when compared to so much of the other cast who have aGI's during the startup, or teleportation, or invulnerability.

hell the one objectively good thing is her SC which actually makes her viable for the few seconds it lasts

but at least she's fun to play i guess...

Nightmares love that thrusting downwards attack. (2AB?) Worse since you can lose your pants from that.
Nightmares souls come into me back to back is annoying and bs. Also that down attack is a desperate move and it's funny how high they are and when they lose they don't play a second match. Anyways has someone got a draw?
Edit
Higher up you are the more nightmare there are and he seems overpowered.

Last edited:
she gets pushed out of attack range from block, allot of her longer range attacks are too slow to be useful for closing the gap, her jumps don't have nearly enough distance or lack of defensive ability to make them worth the risk of just getting smacked, that wind canon she does is super unsafe from back jump and is really inconsistent cause her range is so weak, she has very little safe mixups or useful lows at all, her fucking bb is useless due to forced RE and the standard bb leaves you at neutral, her back turn and side turn are still unsafe as all hell. Like her options are severely limited when compared to other characters with stances, her startup for CE is way too long and again is unsafe especially when compared to so much of the other cast who have aGI's during the startup, or teleportation, or invulnerability.

hell the one objectively good thing is her SC which actually makes her viable for the few seconds it lasts

but at least she's fun to play i guess...
To add to that, if a character outranges her naturally, which is pretty much all of them, she doesn't have a lot of tools to deal with people back stepping.

To add to that, if a character outranges her naturally, which is pretty much all of them, she doesn't have a lot of tools to deal with people back stepping.

Risk doesn't mean poor. She has tools it just requires a lot more understanding of how to make her flow. I'll agree forced RE is dumb although I never triggered it on Talim, Mitsu is more the culprit in that case, but she's not meant to be a safe character in general. Don't call her terrible/nonviable just because of theory. From what I've played of her so far, she has a bunch of moves that allow her to transition into stances and between stances as well as cancel them at will which gives her a lot more mobility than other characters. I can already see a lot of potential for her in this game. The major weakness I can probably see for her is RE which might bother her more then others but its way to early to even tell how much of a problem its going to be for her. It's literally day one that people can play her and most people online really do suck so its not like she's going to be played perfectly from the start. She can still be played effectively and demolish in fights, just like any other character in the game. But who knows, maybe I'll change my tune when I fight someone able to deal with her, but that's not likely to happen before the games release. Besides, the entire point of the game is to have fun, if you're not having fun why even bother playing to begin with.

Rather have 20 complete characters than 22-30 half assed characters. Also stage variants being in one slot even if the random select is a buzz kill. They’re generally pretty even if they kind of look monotonous and we at least have just one Astral Chaos.

Just the suspicious lack of CaS parts is a bit troubling. But hey, 100 pieces are going to be DLC even if they might be returning items missing from the base game.

Rather have 20 complete characters than 22-30 half assed characters. Also stage variants being in one slot even if the random select is a buzz kill. They’re generally pretty even if they kind of look monotonous and we at least have just one Astral Chaos.

Just the suspicious lack of CaS parts is a bit troubling. But hey, 100 pieces are going to be DLC even if they might be returning items missing from the base game.

The thing is by default we have over 20 complete characters...in the series. That’s not an agument.

You can’t half ass veterans like setsuka, Cassandra, dao user etc

Back