Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

No matter how many times you say they cut certain character because they were clones it won't change the fact that Tekken 7 still has 4 Mishimas, 5 if you count Kuma, 6 if you count Kazumi and while I do not believe those are clones I have to call them clones if Anna is to be called a Nina clone outside of the first three games.

Popularity will no doubt be primary factor, uniqueness secondary. You have no idea just how popular Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin and Devil Jin are, even Kazumi has been stirring talks in the community that she should carry over to the next game.

There's an SC6 CB stream? And it's on the Tekken twitch channel?
Dd7HB7CVMAIoTpu.jpg:large

Apparently, yes.

Actually, it should start 28 hours and 30 minutes from now. lol my bad.

Oh come on man, we get it, you hate Amy no need to repeat it all the time, now you can let it go. All the Amy hate, here is incredible xD
Like even though we got Kilik and Sohphitia, people still keep hoping for Mina and Cassandra (and they are right to hope for their favorite character to be in) but they don't get shit on, for some reason that's not the case with Amy, is it really just because of her appearance?

I wasn't going to say anything regarding the Amy hate because I didn't want to draw unwanted attention or look like some pathetic fanboy, 'cause I know damn well that's what the hate mob of people around here would think/say, but I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said good sir/maddam. The hate is ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Raph needs to be in this game first and foremost over Amy. If that means she can't be in then fine, I'll grumble, stuff my face with ice cream and make a crappy CAS of her with his style. I fully appreciate that Raph is a staple and should be in and I do personally like him as a character even though I'm not as fond of his playstyle. That said, I still hope she will be considered for a 'Bonus Character' (if they bring those back) or DLC (shutup and take my money), unless they increase the base roster dramatically enough to, god forbid, include her in there without it offending anyone.

As a PSA, please try to be more thoughtful and understand that everyone likes the characters that the like and everyone hates the characters that they hate, but there's no need to victimize and bully each other over it and honestly no need to spam pages of "THIS CHARACTER IS TRASH AND YOU'RE ALL TRASH FOR LIKING THEM OR DARING TO ASK FOR THEM TO BE IN THE GAME". Hate speech only causes problems and there's enough of it in the world already. Especially over something as fundementally simple as a character's visual design -_- People are clearly bored and starved of anything nicer to do with their time (as am I, because I wasted mine writing this to people who likely don't care to listen to reason or calls for peace).

Namco, please drop another reveal before this place gets even more toxic...
...and let it be Amy, just to teach these idiots a lesson...

Last edited:
I...I liked Claudio...and Bleach...
I didn't really like Claudio but I used to like Bleach. I actually feel like Yoshimitu's SoulCalibur VI design might be based on Hollow Ichigo lol.

Namco, please drop another reveal before this place gets even more toxic...
While another reveal would be very appreciated (would like to see Li Long using a three section staff or Hwang), Namco can only save this toxicity by showing us the next build with more character slots in the character select screen. I'm hoping for 28 slots to make almost everyone happy.

Regarding Astaroth - am I the only one who has liked all of his designs (even SC5) except for his absolutely hideous SC4 one? This seems to be a trend with me. I like the designs of most SC characters in most every SC game, but SC4...man, from my perspective they really dropped the ball on that one. So many of the designs are just gross or uninspired to me. Then again, that was my biggest issue with SC4 in general. Slow, uninspired and bland, and didn't really feel like a SC game like all of its predecessors did.

Psykai You said it WAY better than I did, I guess that it finally got to me... I tried to avoid it, not say a thing, and change the subject when it came to it, but no mater what people wouldn't stop, I was to the point of saying f*ck it to 2 of my favotire characters becasue of them, that way other people would have more chance of getting their character in, and Amy haters would get more butthurt but couldn't take on her this time, since both of them wouldn't be in the game.
Thanks for having my back there. (and nice hidden message for the Core - Dark theme users xD)

How is Josie the best T7 newcomer when she's basically Crying Bruce ?
She's as bad a replacement as Gigas is to Marduk imo.
The bar was set low on 7.

I...I liked Claudio...and Bleach...
#I'llPrayForYou

But seriously, I just didn't feel a pretty blatant reference to characters that are Quincies was necessary or needed to take a dip from since Bleach has the bad reputation of being a notoriously bad shonen with a bloat of characters and bad writing that even Tite Kubo only created because "he just wanted to draw cool characters." which shows given the writing problems.
Taking from Bleach for Claudio was like taking from Naruto for Natsu. It felt like a low hanging fruit inspiration that is blatantly taking from something that Bandai Namco has the video game rights to.
I would've liked his design more if not for the "drugs are bad mmkay" tribal face tattoo and strange hairstyle that looks terrible in game because Tekken 7's hair stuff wasn't done well at all more often than not they look like those cheap synthetic cosplay wigs for a lot of characters due to the shinyness and how they generally went about modeling the hair.

Josie, a crying brat who expied a forgettable character's moveset, is T7's best newcomer.

That says a lot.
Like I said, the bar was set real low when she wound up being the newcomer fans have taken most to her aside from Kazumi (who may only come back in non canon games) and Eliza (who didn't even originate on 7)

And don't forget that she stole Xiba's Critical Edge:
Damnit I wanted to say something about that but forgot to mention the blatant reusage she had there. lol

Is it just me or does this looks like a wedding invite because they got Kilik and Xianghua on the promo?
It's funny to think what other Soul Calibur characters would bring them as wedding presents......

Last edited:
"The bar was set low on 7."

I agree with that but I still prefer Chloe, Kat, Shaheen and Claudio over her. And I find the last 2 pretty boring.
If they were the only new characters in the game, roster wouldn't have been such a problem in T7. Gigas and Josie are bad replacement and Kazumi is another Mishima which the game didn't need with Devil Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi already in the game. But the worst part for me is Eliza and the guest chars with their out of place 2D mechanic only unique to them.
I'm fine with Master Raven, I don't like her more or less than Raven.

Psykai You said it WAY better than I did, I guess that it finally got to me... I tried to avoid it, not say a thing, and change the subject when it came to it, but no mater what people wouldn't stop, I was to the point of saying f*ck it to 2 of my favotire characters becasue of them, that way other people would have more chance of getting their character in, and Amy haters would get more butthurt but couldn't take on her this time, since both of them wouldn't be in the game.
Thanks for having my back there. (and nice hidden message for the Core - Dark theme users xD)
I forgot there were themes, and now I feel dumb XD (you don't wanna know how much time I spent trying to nail that colour).

So were there any streams yesterday from anyone at the event? Surprised there was no new footage available. Hopefully the official stream today gets uploaded somewhere 'cause I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it live :(

Bamboo forest stage would be pretty sweet! I love nature themed stages :)

Back