Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Good catch, that's indeed a bit odd when the rest are all consistent. Either they made a mistake with the times and moved it further up or this is all just what someone's drawn up as an example and we're all looking way too deep into it.

It is said next to the image "Clear a step to unlock another" (something like that), so maybe we won't see what's coming next until we've done the previous battle, as it seems to be the case with Mitsurugi (+1 dot), and the character above Ivy (+1 dot too).

Edit: it seems that every character gets +1 in the second screenshot. They must unlock with the mainstory steps.
I don't disagree with that, in fact that's pretty much certain that the further along you are in the main story, you're going to unlock more side stories. But it doesn't explain why the character below Ivy has more nodes before the other nodes in the second screenshot that are also missing from the second screenshot. Either there was a mistake made, or it was changed, as @tirakai mentioned.

My guess without anyone new is:

Voldo
Cervantes
Astaroth
Lizardman
Talim
Raphael
Tira

I’m afraid we’ll have Papa Groh, Edgemaster, and Inferno as the final three.

My guess without anyone new is:

Voldo
Cervantes
Astaroth
Lizardman
Talim
Raphael
Tira

I’m afraid we’ll have Papa Groh, Edgemaster, and Inferno as the final three.
Swap Astaroth and Lizardman around, and I think you've got it. Not only length, but also the third blurred line has some overlap with Maxi, which would imply to me that that line is Astaroth. Interesting that Grøh's father wouldn't have a role to play in the story (unless, like Vergeben said, he's a boss character, and nothing more), and Inferno makes sense, as he would likely be the final boss. Edge Master, though, if Inferno is unlockable, seems a bit redundant. Then again, that didn't stop SoulCalibur I from having both on the roster, but still. I'm sure I and others would rather have Yun-seong or Cassandra. Both still possible if Inferno goes in the center slot.

Rothion confirmed = Hwang confirmed at least in CAS bonus char.

NON storymode playable (but you can play vs) :
- Cervantes
- Cassandra
- ?

Boss (center slot char screen) : Inferno

Untitled-1.jpg

I don’t think the overlap really matters since it’s based on whose supposed to win. Still might be one story but told Rashomon/Sonic Adventure/Game of Thrones style through different POVs.

The screenshot likely proves we have NPCs as enemies. And yeah I’d be mad if I was going to be the parent of a Scrappy. But if he has an S&S, maybe it’s Lizzy’s?

I bet you there aren't more than 5 people in the entire universe that want playable Inferno in SC6, don't waste a slot for this guy please Namco.

from Siliconera
Soul Chronicle
(Japanese ver.)
  • story mode will add brand-new episodes that tell us more about the origin story of the SoulCalibur series.
  • It comes with conversation parts as well as 2D and 3D scenes for its story-telling.
  • Each character has individual treatment for story, and it will have plenty of volume.
+ There’s one more major single-player mode we’re (Project Soul) working on, but I can’t say anything about it for now.
-I don't know if it was already posting, so I'll delete later.-

I'm guessing that Rothion is probably just a story only CaS character (like others have said), but I wonder how people would react if he was a full-fledged character and adopted Patroklos's moveset.

That also makes me wonder, if Rothion is just a CaS character, whose moveset would he be using?

NON storymode playable (but you can play vs)
Why? I very seriously doubt we don't get Cervantes in the story but get both Hwang and Yun Seong. Not only for all the obvious reasons, but also because we literally already saw him (and Lizardman) in the story mode artwork/cutscenes. Plus, I'm not sure you can make a composite of the two pictures like that since someone already pointed out an inconsistency:
There's an interesting inconsistency with the previous story mode timeline and the one we got in this magazine, whoever the character is under Ivy:

4wRMj2C.jpg

Looking at the placement of names, they've got little groups going on

Mitsurugi-Taki are the first group, the ninja-samurai rivals
next is Kilik-Maxi-Xianghua-Groh as the second group, the 3 friends and Jerry
Voldo-Ivy-Cervantes-Lizardman-Astaroth could be the third group, the manipulated-by-Soul-Edge gang
Nightmare-Seigfried are the fourth group for obvious reasons
Sophie-Talim could be the fifth group, the nice and pure ones who just want to help people
Yoshi's his own thing
and Setsuka-Tira-Zas could possibly be the next group as the SCIII crew instead of Raph being there (I think Raph's more likely than Setsuka though)

Still we’ve got a few more slots. Maybe the three corners are unlockables?

And Cassandra by this point is doubtful unless she’s a possibly unlockable corner. Setsuka may be very doubtful too since she’d rival Mitsurugi and has nothing to do with either sword.

So 6-7 Letters may solve our concerns for our ex-vampire or be someone new.

But Rothion possibly having an S&S means he’s either dainty or not afraid to bite you.

from Siliconera
Soul Chronicle
(Japanese ver.)
  • story mode will add brand-new episodes that tell us more about the origin story of the SoulCalibur series.
  • It comes with conversation parts as well as 2D and 3D scenes for its story-telling.
  • Each character has individual treatment for story, and it will have plenty of volume.
+ There’s one more major single-player mode we’re (Project Soul) working on, but I can’t say anything about it for now.
-I don't know if it was already posting, so I'll delete later.-

Thank you for the translation.

I'm so excited, i hope the Story mode will be satisfying, and what i mean personally by satisfying is that mainly it will have a good length and reveal a lot of interesting stuffs about the characters.

It doesn't seem like there's story space for a second new character who's not a final boss, unless both Setsuka and Raph aren't in the story for that second last blurred slot (unless you unlock them by completing the main story or something and they appear under Geralt though that would make them a boss).

Assuming Rothion is a character made from CAS, it'd be nice if one of those weird white circles at the bottom corners of the character select screen is a SCIII-style bonus slot with the major CAS-made characters being selectable from there without having to make them yourself. It'd be nice to have an official playable Rothion even if he's just a pre-made CAS.

Maybe formulas? But he could be an Astaroth being that he’s a blacksmith.

Still MKX-like variation could work for more common weapon types should exclusive styles return.

It doesn't seem like there's story space for a second new character who's not a boss, unless both Setsuka and Raph aren't in the story for that second last blurred slot.

Assuming Rothion is a character made from CAS, it'd be nice if one of those weird white circles at the bottom corners of the character select screen is a SCIII-style bonus slot with the major CAS-made characters being selectable from there without having to make them yourself. It'd be nice to have an official playable Rothion even if he's just a pre-made CAS.
This is a good point, I was thinking the center slot could be used for bonus characters, that the left node would be CaS, and the right node would be DLC, but bonus characters makes a better parallel to CaS than DLC does, so DLC in the center makes a lot more sense. But yeah, other than Grøh and his dad, doesn't look like there's room for anyone else new.

Rothion confirmed = Hwang confirmed at least in CAS bonus char.

NON storymode playable (but you can play vs) :
- Cervantes
- Cassandra
- ?

Boss (center slot char screen) : Inferno

View attachment 49552

has it been said that there is only 20 names here and 23 slots on the character select screen? so im guessing either this isn't finished yet or some characters will be left out of story mode? (which i doubt)

Back