Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Who cares what term is used? Lol all that matters is that virtually any character can come back and the story is similar but not the same.

Anyway, is EVO the ideal place to reveal the new character? Or TGS? Or right before the game releases?
Man its the same story it's just being retold, with extras. It's not a reboot when it's called soul calibur vi. Anyways evo would probably be another character reveal and tgs most likely a cas mode or some other mode. I feel comic con would've been a good time for other mode reveals.

You've neglected one DLC character, since there's four, not three, unless you're on the "Inferno is the bonus character" train of thought.
I am. We've been promised 3 DLC characters + a season pass bonus playable character. I don't think Namco would seriously paywall a character behind a season pass. So my idea is that Inferno is unlockable by beating the Story Mode, but season pass owners will get him off the gate.
There is also the possibility that the two small circles, one on either side of the bottom row, one of those could be CaS, freeing another slot.
Initially I wanted to put DLC characters were those circles were, but since I figured there will be 3 DLC characters, putting them to the sides meant putting two characters on one side and one character on the other, creating asymmetrical lineup, which don't look good visually. Putting three extra slots on the bottom fits nicely though.
Now if they put CAS into one of those circles, I figure they would have to also move the random character select buttom to the opposite circle to keep things symmetrical, which would indeed free not one, but two extra slots, but so far that's just a speculation on our part and I wanted to make my prediction based on the amount of slots that is 100% confirmed.
But I definitely believe Lizardman goes in the top right corner, because that puts the Schwarzstrom (Nightmare, Astaroth, Ivy, Lizardman) all together in a square. Tira's not in the main group yet for this timeline, as she's still a Bird of Passage. She'll likely discover Soul Edge through the course of the story, however. So I agree that Tira will be on the bottom row where you've placed her. Voldo opposite Yoshimitsu makes sense, but Seong Mi-na opposite Cervantes, not so much. I feel like Talim goes across from Cervantes, and Hwang goes across from Lizardman.
That can be the case, also it would put Mi-na and Hwang apart and I kinda wanted to keep them close similar to how Kilik, Maxi and X are all groped together just as Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth and Lizardman. I guess there is no perfect way to assort everyone.
I'd swap Tira and Lizardman around so that Tira rivals Talim (girl of corruption vs girl of purity -- plus Tira is next to her master Nightmare) and Hwang rivals Lizardman (shared Silk Road Ruin as a stage in the past), but otherwise this is the perfect roster imo.
Tira in opposition to Talim makes lots of sense, also that means Lizardman is not allowed to hang around his team of villains anymore, so no placement is 100% perfect.

In response to the 2 or 3 outfits comment: I feel as if we're forgetting the fact we've already seen characters with more than one costume...they might be recolors but I get the feeling this dude isn't differentiating between the two.

Also do we think they will do something for Soul Calibur's 20th anniversary or will they save everything for EVO?

In response to the 2 or 3 outfits comment: I feel as if we're forgetting the fact we've already seen characters with more than one costume...they might be recolors but I get the feeling this dude isn't differentiating between the two.

Also do we think they will do something for Soul Calibur's 20th anniversary or will they save everything for EVO?

Evo is in 2 weeks. I think we could have something there. But the 20th.s anniversary seems something good to announce news too. Hmm...

Did anyone see they've already implemented trophies, I think everything is ready and they are just polishing now.
Hopefully that means the trophies will leak soon.

Also yeah, it's about time for dev to wrap up. We already got an ESRB rating, and the game should go gold in a month or two, so it would make sense for QA and bugfixing to be going on at full force rn.
Ok, this will be the only time I shall sully myself with character prediction.

I predict that EVO will either be the stage for the next multi-character reveal trailer OR for the CaS trailer. The former will most likely be dragged until the final weeks of the pre-launch era, so by some vague logic, that leaves us with the CaS thing, which I am looking forward to.
Raphael will be left for either the final reveal or for a part of the first post-release DLC batch of characters (we'll see how they even will conceptualise this strategy), but we will definitely have him! People have expressed almost universal love for him (except for the HERETICS who would fuse him with Amy or something, smfh), so it's bound to happen. @Vergeben might finally shed some more light on this matter, I think... Pretty please? :)

Your condemnation struck me... It struck me deeply. u_u I can't. u_u
A CaS trailer at EVO wouldn't make sense. That'd be like revealing a story trailer there. Nobody who's at the tournament will give 2 shits about custom characters or new game modes.

Man i had a dream last night. I was dreaming that the CaS was revealed along with some base game sets plus showing the armor packs from the season pass. Much of these sets on my dream were very detailed fantasy armors along with some medieval ones and other sets from past 1p and 2p

A CaS trailer at EVO wouldn't make sense. That'd be like revealing a story trailer there. Nobody who's at the tournament will give 2 shits about custom characters or new game modes.
Perhaps they'll release the CaS trailer on the 20th anniversary and then actual characters at EVO.

I noticed too they added trophies to the game so I'm thinking that build might have more than just Talim and Voldo added, that's why they're not showing the character selection screen...
Anyway does anyone know if Comicon panel is available to watch somewhere? Okubo said he'd talk in depth about the art of the game, so I'm very interested.

I noticed too they added trophies to the game so I'm thinking that build might have more than just Talim and Voldo added, that's why they're not showing the character selection screen...
Anyway does anyone know if Comicon panel is available to watch somewhere? Okubo said he'd talk in depth about the art of the game, so I'm very interested.

It could be, and someone besides IGN has played it or recorded a video(Voldo build)? suspicious

Man i had a dream last night. I was dreaming that the CaS was revealed along with some base game sets plus showing the armor packs from the season pass. Much of these sets on my dream were very detailed fantasy armors along with some medieval ones and other sets from past 1p and 2p

That would be so badass if that were true, bruh!!! I hope we find out some CaS info soon.

Man its the same story it's just being retold, with extras. It's not a reboot when it's called soul calibur vi.
Mortal Kombat X begged to differ.

Soulcalibur VI is the Mortal Kombat 2011/Mortal Kombat X of the Soul series. They're going back to previous entries, changing and adding things, essentially making Soulcalibur VI a new timeline/new universe just like MK.

You have Soul Blade - Soulcalibur V as one canon. And Soulcalibur VI the start of a new one.

It's a reboot, it can still have 6 at the end, it's been said in MULTIPLE interviews that it's a reboot (and yes, I'm acknowledging that interview were he says HE DOESN'T KNOW if reboot is the correct term to use) at the end of the day, call it what you want but it's a separate canon/timeline from the previous entries in the series.

Mortal Kombat X begged to differ.

Soulcalibur VI is the Mortal Kombat 2011/Mortal Kombat X of the Soul series. They're going back to previous entries, changing and adding things, essentially making Soulcalibur VI a new timeline/new universe just like MK.

You have Soul Blade - Soulcalibur V as one canon. And Soulcalibur VI the start of a new one.

It's a reboot, it can still have 6 at the end, it's been said in MULTIPLE interviews that it's a reboot (and yes, I'm acknowledging that interview were he says HE DOESN'T KNOW if reboot is the correct term to use) at the end of the day, call it what you want but it's a separate canon/timeline from the previous entries in the series.
Grøh is the only thing we've seen so far that can be considered "changed", and it's possible that not even that counts, since the story trailer still showed Siegfried getting Soul Edge after Cervantes was defeated by Sophitia and Taki, Nightmare raising up the Schwarzstrom (Astaroth, Ivy, Lizardman), and Xianghua claiming Soul Calibur and taking on Inferno.

We've also seen storyline screenshots of Astaroth murdering Maxi's crew, an army of Lizardmen, and recently, Ivy confronting Voldo. Talim was shown departing her village as well. Grøh seems to have failed in his mission to alter history, if that was the goal.

There may be more that we haven't seen yet, but there is overwhelming evidence that nothing really has changed, that it's the same events that happened last time, just that we're seeing all the events in game with greater detail instead of having to read them from bios or art books.

Grøh is the only thing we've seen so far that can be considered "changed", and it's possible that not even that counts, since the story trailer still showed Siegfried getting Soul Edge after Cervantes was defeated by Sophitia and Taki, Nightmare raising up the Schwarzstrom (Astaroth, Ivy, Lizardman), and Xianghua claiming Soul Calibur and taking on Inferno.

We've also seen storyline screenshots of Astaroth murdering Maxi's crew, an army of Lizardmen, and recently, Ivy confronting Voldo. Talim was shown departing her village as well. Grøh seems to have failed in his mission to alter history, if that was the goal.

There may be more that we haven't seen yet, but there is overwhelming evidence that nothing really has changed, that it's the same events that happened last time, just that we're seeing all the events in game with greater detail instead of having to read them from bios or art books.
Grøh is one of the biggest changes yes, and I do agree with the majority of your points. However, even Zas' inclusion is one of those big changes of activity, all that's stated in his original bio is he's from an ancient tribe many many years before the games set timeline, it give us history on that and then jumps to Soulcalibur III, 1591, nothing from the years during SB - SC1, nothing in his bio about activity then. So his inclusion is one of those big changes.

According to some part of Tali's new bio, she's on the run from her clan who want Rekki-Maru, a sword she forged using a shard from Soul Edge. Whereas previously, Mekki-Maru was forged using Soul Edge. (Honestly, I don't know if that's a mistype in her bio or both swords were forged with a shard but the point is there for now) obviously we won't know until the game is released, but it is a reboot to the series, starting a new timeline.

Going back to MK2011, that's classified a reboot to the series, however, Ed Boon also calls it "a re-telling of MK1, MK2 and MK3" sound fimilar? Okubo states SCVI is a re-telling of the events from SC1 (with elements from Soul Blade and SC2 too) so no matter how you want to say it, Soulcalibur VI is a reboot to the series by re-telling previous events, beginning a brand new, separate timeline/universe from the previous games in the series.

Back