Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Watching again, it looks like most of Mi-Na's moves (that they showed) were new. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Really dislike Astaroth's costume. I think they really missed the mark with that one.

I'm guessing with the two reveals here, we'll likely get two reveals at Gamescom later this month too (unless they do an E3 and only show the new single player mode). I can't imagine them doing a random thursday reveal at any rate when there's another big event to show stuff at.

One cool thing about Mina's costume is that it's so close to SC1/SC2... I like the new color scheme, but recoloring it orange/red/yellow is gonna look so classic.

Also anybody notice Astaroth definitely has a more anatomically correct heart? That's Mortal Kombat level s***.

Shame Mina's title isn't Heart and Soul Girl anymore...

And yeah I doubted Mi-Na would return and hoped at least Raph would make it.

Also that longish looking name may disconfirm Lizzy or Cervantes now or at least mean they don't have a story.

Mina's outfit looks perfect to me, definitely better than in previous installments, but is it just me or her rod is significantly shorter now?

snapshot_00.09.jpg

snapshot_00.57.jpg

Astaroth was expected, since we've already seen his stage in game trailers. I like his design in this game, he's really looks like a beastly behemoth.

Mi-na is a welcome surprise, since (I think?) the leaks said that the Korean characters were unlikely to be in the game.

And do I see some non-Kilik Xiba in her moveset?
Watching again, it looks like most of Mi-Na's moves (that they showed) were new. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Really good news! She could be vastly improved ala Yoshi and Ivy (even though Ivy gained as many moves as she lost). The Xiba part sounds intriguing... what a refreshing reveal!

Just Hwang remaining (and Hilde and Setsuka please! :-p)...
hwang_and_talim_cosplay_by_thepaperpanda.jpg

It doesn't SEEM like she needs to be at tip range but I'll wait till they specify on Twitter as to what her abilities are. I might try Mi-Na.

Asta looks cool.

Pleasantly surprised that Mi-Na is in, she looks good and do I see some Xiba moves from her? It also gives me hope for Cassandra.

With Mi-Na revealed I wonder which of the Korean guys is in. Yun-seong or Hwang?

Is her voice Cassandra Lee Morris btw? Christine Marie Cabanos is my second guess... I know she sounds like one of the Fire Emblem Echoes girls.

Mi-Na does certainly look quite athletic and brutal in the trailer.

Has anyone with in depth knowledge of the characters spotted any moves in the trailer that were possibly adapted from Hwang/Yun-Seong? That's a potential way to differentiate her (and would make it more likely for them to have been left out).

Is it just me or does Asta actually talk in sentences now?

Also. I'm really happy the vids didn't get leaked. He was so excited. Also, I'm so glad it was done on a stage this time so I didn't get spoiled by the title.
One version of Asta was possessed by a demon and was smarter than the others IIRC.

Back