Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Quite a few pages ago.

@Vergeben The only things I can think of would be the hole in the center and the two small dots in the bottom left/right, and a long while ago, people were talking about the dots connecting the circles and looking for relationships... but I feel like the last thing has pretty much been debunked. A lot of people do fail to point out the two small dots when they make predictions, though, so if I had to guess, they might be referring to that.

That leaked roster seems to refer to the 4chan one. In that post it links to vergebens reddit post where he heard Raphael is not in. But raphael is in the 4chan list.

Oh my god. FFS, they're not cutting out Lizardman. He's too unique, iconic, and already established as being part of the game to cut. I'm so sick of hearing people say this shit.

I don't think they are cutting him either, but honestly I don't know what to believe at this point. We don't know how many characters are left to be revealed. We have vergeben's leak competing with the 4chan leak. We don't know what the bottom circles are and we don't know if there will be a CAS slot.

So honestly anything goes aside from guarantees like Cervantes.

I don't think they are cutting him either, but honestly I don't know what to believe at this point. We don't know how many characters are left to be revealed. We have vergeben's leak competing with the 4chan leak. We don't know what the bottom circles are and we don't know if there will be a CAS slot.

So honestly anything goes aside from guarantees like Cervantes.
I'm not trusting leaks anymore, too many conflicting leaks and too many inconsistent results. I'll believe what I see and take what I hear with a grain of salt.

The leaked roster is pretty interesting although there are a few noticeable exclusions.

The most I can see reasonably paying for the season pass is 20-25...if it ends up being more than that I'll probably skip it.

Given that the deluxe edition is $40 more than the regular, and the season pass is the big ticket item in that... eeehhhh.

Lizardman with Pat's 66B would be hilarious.

I believe the word you're looking for is amazing. It would be the perfect combination of lizard, stabbing, and justice.

So I was told "There is something subtle on the character select no one is talking about, that not a single person noticed yet."

the only thing i can possibly theorize from this is the dotted lines between the circles and how some connect and some don't.

otherwise i have no idea what could be missed.

edit: i have to go to work but you can see what im talking about here. in between circles there are dotted lines that connect to characters. top and bottom don't connect to each other. (unless you count the middle circle connecting sophi, groh, kilik, and geralt)

6axDrKf.jpg

Last edited:
The thing is, the dotted lines were noticed and discussed way back when we only had Sophitia, Mitsurugi, Kilik, Xianghua, Nightmare, and Grøh.

So that doesn't exactly line up with "not a single person noticed yet".

Just for fun, I came up with ideas for 2B's moveset because I imagine her as being a DLC guest later.

• Combos involve her signature throwing of her sword, which she can also use as certain moves to disrupt enemies as a pseudo projectile.
  • Like in her home game, she can engage in rushing, and can float in the air temporarily for more combos.
  • She has a special trait that involves the Evade mechanic. Basically, if timed right she can instantly dodge an attack and appear at an advantageous position. May require meter in case it's too OP without it.
  • She can be supported by her Pod in the middle of battle, which depending on the move can shoot either a machine gun, laser, or homing missile.
  • Speaking of the Pod, it will assist her in certain combos.
  • Her Critical Edge would likely be revamped version of one of her finishers from her home game. Not sure which one though, but something flashy.
  • Because her home game features clothing destruction, she would be the first guest to actually feature it in SC. I can even envision a move where self-destructs and it explodes her skirt. You know, for science.
Would this work?

To me, the only things worth noting on the selection screen are:

• The links between icons that everyone noticed
  • The weird drawing from Sophitia's slot to the empty one
  • The tilted wind rose in the middle slot
  • Yggdrasil in the background
Edit: Yggdrasil would only point to one theory people have had, that Grøh's master, "Ozuru", would indeed be Odin/Óðr.

Last edited:
To me, the only things worth noting on the selection screen are:

• The links between icons that everyone noticed
  • The weird drawing from Sophitia's slot to the empty one
  • The tilted wind rose in the middle slot
  • Yggdrasil in the background
I'm pretty sure they just aren't reading everything people say here and thay why they said that no one noticed.
And people should be happy Oda from Street Fighter isn't working on this game or else we would havea lot of important characters missing (Guile WTF, Ibuki, Sakura, Yuri (the SF Tira xD) Cody, Rose, Guy...) sure they managed by getting in the game eventually but too late in my opinion the game already have a really bad raputation.

I'm pretty sure they just aren't reading everything people say here and thay why they said that no one noticed.
And people should be happy Oda from Street Fighter isn't working on this game or else we would havea lot of important characters missing (Guile WTF, Ibuki, Sakura, Yuri (the SF Tira xD) Cody, Rose, Guy...) sure they managed by getting in the game eventually but too late in my opinion the game already have a really bad raputation.
I'm still trying to find what's up with that screen xD

Maybe the carpet at the bottom? There seems to be some sort of coat of arms or whatever!
1533900135545.png

Edit: it looks like... Soul Embrace? Left side is more "demonic" and right side is more "angelic"... Maybe I'm look too far xD

Last edited:
I changed Mi-Na's scare face in photoshop.
tumblr_inline_msttavTR651qz4rgp.png

View attachment 50155
The two expressions beside eachother is "At first I was like.... Then I was like...."

Did Verge leak Chrom, Dark Samus, Simon, Richter, and K Rool for Smash by the way?
I don't know all the newcomers, but Simon was one of the ones that I did and put out there.
I heard something about voice lines referencing Richter, but I never shared anything about it since the one that did seemed unsure what it meant and was for, and I didn't want to get hopes up saying "Richter might be in the game" if I didn't hear something more stable and exact.
But seeing that reveal in the Direct sure made sense of that bit of info.

If we consider a 23 character roster, we can see more or less what is likely and what is not likely-
First lets review the placing of the announced characters in order of announcement
-Mitsurugi placed 3th /-Sophitia 11th /-Groh- New addition /-Nightmare 7th /-Xinghua 18th /-Kilik 5th /-Ivy 4th /-Zasalamel 8th /-Geralt- Guest /-Siegfried 6th /-Taki 2th /-Yoshimitsu 9th /-Maxi 22th /-Talim fraudulent 1th /-Voldo 17th/-Astaroth 25th /-Mi-Na 15th .

Characters are are almost certainly in -Cervantes 16th /-Tira 10th /-(I will be generous and mix Lizardman and Aeon) 26th

Inferno was not accounted for in the pool. But if we count him as Soul Edge 39th.

The last two characters vary between theory and theory, but in the top 23 characters these are the ones that are missing in placement

-Cassandra 12th /-Amy 13th /-Yun 14th /-Raphael 19th /-Setsuka 20th /-Viola 21th /- Hwag 23th

7 characters, which are the most likely to get the two final slots and becoming DLC- Hwag and Yun cancel each other in my point of view, if one is in I don't think the other will be, but ONE of them is in I think. Leaving one last spot between Cassandra, Amy, Raphael, Setsuka and Viola, I don't see Viola making it at all to be honest, right now at least and between Amy and Raphael, I'm pretty sure Raphael still will hit before Amy and between those is the one most likely.

Cassandra doesn't seem like a likely DLC to me, not on Season 1 at least. Hilde missed the top 23 for one spot, so I stand that Hilde and Setsuka will be DLC. The bonus character could be anything at this point.
1th place? Reading that sounds like Mike Tyson saying first.

It would've been even funnier if you said 3st place.
ba dum tss
Kappa

But no Yosuke Kozaki. Please. Yes, the man behind Lucky Chloe. And Camilla from Fire Emblem.
I get the Lucky Cloe but what's wrong with Camilla now, isn't she like a fan favorite, with all the fanart she gets (sure the oppai have to do with that one but still).
I know people might not like some of Kozaki's Fire Emblem designs, but he still gave that series "a look" that was eyecatching finally and looked like something other than the vast majority of every cast looking like some generics from Record of the Lodoss War.

Here's something I don't get. People love No More Heroes.
Kozaki designed all the characters for that series. So people are really weird and fickle is my takeaway. Was it that the characters got too varied and weren't as "grounded" aka overly simple looking anymore? Is it just bitchiness about the fanservice?
From a "we need this franchise to stand out" standpoint, the guy honestly helped more than hurt.
It went from an irrelevant series that was going to die and end with Awakening as its swan song if it failed, to making it one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Love or hate how they got there, it got there.

If designs still looked as basic, simplistic and the anime equivalent of "nondescript fantasy characters" then I think Awakening wouldn't have took off like it did and failed too. The art direction trying something different and getting an artist known for stylish modern designs challenge himself to do fantasy designs helped more than it hurt.

I will agree that some Fire Emblem designs in general are simply better than others. But a lot of the pre-Kozaki designed characters aren't very memorable looking on average. I even say that as a big fan of the older games. That was the biggest area that held the series back big time.
It was ok when it started. But overtime it just became cast of resident sleeper looking characters with only a few true standouts visually.

I doubt Vergeben's source has paid attention to every post ever made on the selection screen topic on every forum, Facebook, and Twitter. It very well could be something that's already been discussed.
If it's something other than the circles on the sides of the bottom row or the lines connection characters together like a character relation chart on the character select screen, then I am stumped and don't see what it could be. But some of the suggested things I'll pass along and ask once there's enough compiled to see if anyone got whatever it is right.

Last edited:
Here's something I don't get. People love No More Heroes.
Kozaki designed all the characters for that series. So people are really weird and fickle is my takeaway.
First time hearing about this guy, but from what I see, his work doesn't look very consistent.

Stepping away from the joke portion of the post for a second, the bottom triangle looks "incomplete". Adding an additiona entire row would "complete" it and properly mirror the top portion. It implies 5 additional character slots.

Excellent observation. Im going to assume that space will be reserved for DLC/Bonus Character/New Characters and the create a soul slot will be opposite of random. Ugh. Somebody can photoshop this for clarity

Then again who knows what the character select screen will look like in the end. Sept 1st and 2nd for that Melbourne will have answers we seek hopefully

Back