Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It looks like a sailboat to me...

I can even see Cervantes on it.

bfMpvwV.jpg
Cervantes didn't fair too well in serious competition:
His playing style reminds of Jack in Tekken!

Here's a screenshot of the character select screen without the banner or the character renders.

firefox_2018-08-10_14-48-02.jpg

The only things that haven't really been discussed here are the background (it looks like a fancy pathway with pillars, as I mentioned earlier), that outer ring on each side of the image, and the green-to-red gradient at the top. Oh, and it looks there's clouds in the background as well.

I don't see how any of these are important, but maybe there's some hidden meaning that we're not aware of. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cervantes will probably be one of the gamescom reveals. That said if project soul wants to be really cheeky they could reveal a character none of us expect and throw all of our expectations out the window. Imagine if the next character they reveal is amy/viola, hilde, algol, cassandra or setsuka...the results would be hilarious.

Do also take in account regardless of Vergenben's leaks the information he is receiving may not in fact be everything the game has to offer. Things change over time and even leakers might exclude some information (to claim deniability to leaking trade secrets or because secretly they are putting out all this speculation on purpose to drive discussion). Hard to say.

Here's a screenshot of the character select screen without the banner or the character renders.

View attachment 50193

The only things that haven't really been discussed here are the background (it looks like a fancy pathway with pillars, as I mentioned earlier), that outer ring on each side of the image, and the green-to-red gradient at the top. Oh, and it looks there's clouds in the background as well.

I don't see how any of these are important, but maybe there's some hidden meaning that we're not aware of. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At the bottom of the ring on the bottom of the "roots" of the tree there seems to be a transparent character slot. Or it's nothing ...

I can’t see another row being added. Or the last one as is gets moved down.

Just going to deal with the fact that those slots aren’t moving. Rather have those filled in properly than empty space or excessive mimics.

The transparent slot at the bottom is where the timer is placed.

I think in the middle we are going to see the new boss character, most likely Groh's father/master.

Last edited:
We can speculate with more success if we take into account that this tree has to be Yggdrasil from the Norse mythology. Groh and his father/master are from Norway so since the early leaks pointed out that the other new character will be very important to the story and he will be a boss character we can say that he will be placed at the very center of the tree.

Are we sure there are 6 characters left, like maybe they planned those for Cas or Bonus characters? I don't think so but you reading the last pages start made me think about this lol

We can speculate with more success if we take into account that this tree has to be Yggdrasil from the Norse mythology. Groh and his father/master are from Norway so since the early leaks pointed out that the other new character will be very important to the story and he will be a boss character we can say that he will be placed at the very center of the tree.
Actually I for the longest time thought Inferno would be in the center, but your explanation about Groh's father being in the center of Yggdrasil makes way too much sense!
So how about this theory: Groh's father is an unlockable final boss in the center; Inferno is an unlockable mid-story boss mimic in the right bottom dot, that will transform into a proper slot once unlocked. That leaves us with the left bottom dot that should by that logic also be some kind of an unlockable. Might be a pre-made clone/half-CAS bonus story-related character dump slot where characters such as Rothion go (and where characters such as Ashlotte went in the past). It will be unlocked as soon as you win a fight against your first bonus character in the story mode and then more bonus characters will be added into a sub-menu as you go through the plot.

Actually I for the longest time thought Inferno would be in the center, but your explanation about Groh's father being in the center of Yggdrasil makes way too much sense!
So how about this theory: Groh's father is an unlockable final boss in the center; Inferno is an unlockable mid-story boss mimic in the right bottom dot, that will transform into a proper slot once unlocked. That leaves us with the left bottom dot that should by that logic also be some kind of an unlockable. Might be a pre-made clone/half-CAS bonus story-related character dump slot where characters such as Rothion go (and where characters such as Ashlotte went in the past). It will be unlocked as soon as you win a fight against your first bonus character in the story mode and then more bonus characters will be added into a sub-menu as you go through the plot.

I am close to connecting the dots or I could be like so wrong about the whole thing but... according to the Norse mythology Odin hanged himself on Yggdrasil and pierced himself with his spear. Now if the new character has a spear he would HAVE to be Odin in disguise because they would no way give another character that weapon since there's Hilde and some could say Mina's weapon also is similar to it.
Another interesting thing is that when Groh was revealed (I also made a video about it) his concept reminded me of ZWEI and I made a theory of how Groh's fate would be to be trapped into the Chaos-Spirit realm and transform into EIN and somehow be connected to ZWEI. Apart from that Odin is also in the Germanic mythology so EIN, ZWEI which mean ONE and TWO in German could also point towards Odin playing a role in this new lore of the game. My head hurts from all this speculation haha.

EDIT* Groh's weapon could be used as a spear of some kind. And Odin had only one eye which maybe hints at Groh losing his? So many possibilities.

Last edited:
*Blocks your path*

Bless ya hahahaha. XD

If there's a masterful artist on this site and has some spare free time it would be truely hilarious to have a drawing of Mina in this pose with the unfinished character select screen connected with red lines (and probably all lining up to Voldo's crotch in the middle of it).

Last edited:
Bless ya hahahaha. XD

If there's a masterful artist on this site and has some spare free time it would be truely hilarious to have a drawing of Mina in this pose with the unfinished character select screen connected with red lines (and probably all lining up to Voldo's crotch in the middle of it).
I made the picture but the posts were deleted so I don't think I should post it. :p

Back