Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Just tweeted by Okubo:
Dle12M1U0AAYS0z.jpg:orig

If I was there,
I'd be tempted to jack all those pictures off the walls.

SC6 is the last fighting game coming out this year. It has no competition within its genre, if they waited until 2019 there is DOA and MK11 to steal sales away.

RDR2 being only a week away is concerning but if any casual FG fans are looking for their fix it's likely they're looking at SC6

SC6 is the last fighting game coming out this year. It has no competition within its genre, if they waited until 2019 there is DOA and MK11 to steal sales away.

RDR2 being only a week away is concerning but if any casual FG fans are looking for their fix it's likely they're looking at SC6

It still sucks though, as mainstream media outlets will be chattering about Call of Duty, Battlefield and Red Dead throughout the month. SCVI will likely get the most perfunctory of media coverage before being buried by talk around bigger releases, fighting game or no.

At least the fighting game dedicated news sites will be more fixed on it than otherwise, but I don't know how good their outreach is to casual crowds.

They should never have chosen to release it in October, there are loads of great looking games coming out around that period. There is way too much competition.
I don't think it dooms the game, but people in the intersection will have to choose, that said, some of them can buy two games.

I just hope they've got some good stuff to talk about before launch, to help brush away the Tira mishap. Libra of Soul could have been one of those good things, but the mishap kind of overtook it :\

I’m really worried about Namco’s expectations. SCIV had the good timing of being released during a fighting game renaissance where sales were at a high point. If they expect SCVI to replicate SCIV’s success in sheer sales, we could see the end of the series.

Let’s hope DLC will be able to sell well too.

Loving the music they're playing on the stream right now. Takes me back.

Really, I feel like the success of the game has to be dependent on the cyclical relationship of the consumer and the producer. The previous two games ultimately lacked the long-term support that should be expected from a fighting game if they wanted it to continue having a satisfied and thriving fanbase. Okubo seems really earnest and wants to see the game flourish under his eye, especially after a whole line of people before him dropping the series from their helm. The most we can do really is to not go at everything with a pitchfork and torch, because that kind of mob mentality is the shit that's gonna get the rug pulled from this series.

Back