Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think Raph being in will pave the way for Amy down the line. She'll obviously feature in his story, even if she's literally 12 or whatever, but just establishing the character and then letting us play an older version of her (think IV) would be neat.

She's prime DLC bait either way. Popular, cute, marketable.
I would agree with you if only Setsuka and Hilde and Hwang weren't too, I'm sure she isn't making it for the 2nd time in a row unless a 2nd season pass and even then....
Guess I'll have to hope this game do good so I can pray for her again in 7 :')

Anybody else like how intimidating the announcer sounds calling a character's name? Azwel and Groh sound threatening. Taki's the worst though since he sounds like he's trying to rhyme her name with "hockey" and I still can't take a serious shout of the name "Maxi" seriously.

Damn, Lo-Pan looks fukken sick

I had some faith that Raph would show up but it's nice to get more evidence. Now just need to see what he looks like.

I would agree with you if only Setsuka and Hilde and Hwang weren't too, I'm sure she isn't making it for the 2nd time in a row unless a 2nd season pass and even then....
Guess I'll have to hope this game do good so I can pray for her again in 7 :')

Imo all 3 of those female characters (including Viola) were very popular compared to the rest but I wanna be positive and wait. Let's not give up yet n_n

Last edited:
Well, i was thinking for a while Dracula might be a decent idea for a guest. There is that new season of the show dropping on the same month but i cant see them considering him now.

It does sound because to me and I think to a lot of others all 3 of those female characters (including Viola) were very popular compared to the rest but I wanna be positive and wait. Let's not give up yet n_n
They might be popular but they really seem like they want to pull a whole retro cast, so if Hwang doesn't make it in the base it seems like they will do their best to put him later as DLC.
Plus it's Okubo (the guy behind Tekken 7 season pass) we will get at least one guest and maybe even an new character as DLC.

I'am guessing correctly from a moment but I want to covers most possible scenario, also worst.

The biggest information I can rely on, is that I know from a reliable source, that they delayed the game for 4 month, and added characters. Officially Okubo's talked about "polishing" the game.

Would that mean, they finished correctly Hwang and Lizardman ? Because it would mean adding character and polishing at the same time. It would explain that leakers who were saying that Hwang and Liz don't have Narrator Lines for StoryMode? Or they are the DLC ? (this can't be, because Okubo said recently we may have SC3 to 5 characters)

That's my first idea I presented in my Speculation video. It's still my main theory. I added Rock to the list because their was 3 additionnal slot. But maybe one slot is for CAS or otherthing ?

But, they can also let this 2 characters cutted out or CAS style (but hey, Hwang with full Xianghua style?) And put 2 or 3 more popular SC2-3 character like Cassandra, YunSeong (would be weird to have a XiangHwang then a Yunseong) and Setsuka. That would be a less likely scenario, but I still keep it in my mind.

The worst scenario possible is that additionnal slots are for DLC. But It would be very bad if they delayed 4 months to create DLC.

Conclusion ?

Cervantes (already confirmed)
Raphael (99%?)

Even more chance :
Hwang (there is no YunSeong in leak and it will no be that easy to include him as CAS)

More chance also :
Lizardman (probably the last one who can get a proper polish)

Last edited:
I was thinking the same, because the game date was changed before announcement it is possible they added content, however we cannot be sure yet, maybe the second leak where they don't appear might be post and they had to cut them for some reason, relegating Lizardman to a CaS race to cut up the losses.

The leak, the complete version, says Cassandra and Hwang are in the game's story mode, as in they appear in it. Which is a interesting piece of information, that said I think we will find soon enough, after this week there will be only about 6 more 2 weeks cycles and 1 of them is before the game is out, so only 4 2 weeks cycles.

Which means, if we get reveal trailer for all character, September will give us all answers.

I was thinking the same, because the game date was changed before announcement it is possible they added content, however we cannot be sure yet, maybe the second leak where they don't appear might be post and they had to cut them for some reason, relegating Lizardman to a CaS race to cut up the losses.

The leak, the complete version, says Cassandra and Hwang are in the game's story mode, as in they appear in it. Which is a interesting piece of information, that said I think we will find soon enough, after this week there will be only about 6 more 2 weeks cycles and 1 of them is before the game is out, so only 4 2 weeks cycles.

Which means, if we get reveal trailer for all character, September will give us all answers.
Cassandra appearing in Sophitia's story to greet her when she returns home after the events of SoulCalibur makes sense, and if/when Cassandra is released as DLC, her story can be told, so that would be a great hook and connection.

Hwang would appear in Seong Mi-na's story as well, to drag her back home away from Soul Edge. And Hwang's story would be returning from the coast guard, going back home, talking to Han-myeong, and being sent on his journey to go after Mi-na. Hopefully they will have interesting interactions to give some more life to the two characters.

But I can't see Hwang being DLC, because if he was, then that puts Setsuka out, and she's a more than perfect choice for DLC.

I really hope Setsuka's style is obtainable, and I know this is a loooongshot, but I want Patroklos's style back too, maybe in season 2, but preferably as Lizardman in base, with axe and sword both being selectable weapon choices. I never really minded how 5 replaced people but kept their styles personally.

Back