Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Random aside that doesn't mean anything, but Okubo himself liked my silly Tobal 2 dancing lizards gif :D

I still mean to give him some real well wishes some time. It must be annoying for every response to his tweets be trying to infer something from his words or demanding such and such character. Give the guy a break.

Worthless? No
DLC worthy? Fuck No

Tira, Lizard and Yeung were free in 4, Tira and Lizard were free in 5, and now we're supposed to pay for all 3? fuck that

So who would you pay for?

Last edited:
No one asked my opinion, but Why I would buy standard edition if I can have deluxe/collector or gold edition?
tenor.gif

This was a joke, do not take it seriously.

there is no way that they thing they will go away with that, i mean if another characters like yun s, cassandra, hilde, setsuka, were in game already , that will be fine, in the sake of completition.

but how in hell they will put a lizzardman in a dlc pack when cassandra, setsuka or amy still missing.

i only care for cassie, dont mind the rest, but i aknowledge they popularity, for exaple i couldnt care less for amy but i know she
had more fans waiting for her, that lizardman fans out there.

i love the game , the looks and all and i already pre order it, digitally and gonna play theheck out of it.

but i will not support that kind of dlc coz i thing is mediocre and bad
there is no way that they thing they will go away with that, i mean if another characters like yun s, cassandra, hilde, setsuka, were in game already , that will be fine, in the sake of completition.

but how in hell they will put a lizzardman in a dlc pack when cassandra, setsuka or amy still missing.

i only care for cassie, dont mind the rest, but i aknowledge they popularity, for exaple i couldnt care less for amy but i know she
had more fans waiting for her, that lizardman fans out there.

i love the game , the looks and all and i already pre order it, digitally and gonna play theheck out of it.

but i will not support that kind of dlc coz i thing is mediocre and bad descition.
if that end with the end of the series for lack of support, so be it, there is tons of way that they wil now what people want.

and support that lazinest is tell it them that is ok, if they didnt learn for sc5, they will never learn

Random aside that doesn't mean anything, but Okubo himself liked my silly Tobal 2 dancing lizards gif :D

I still mean to give that him some real well wishes some time. It must be annoying for every response to his tweets be trying to infer something from his words or demanding such and such character. Give the guy a break.

So who would you pay for?
in terms of my personal wishlist? tira, setsuka, cass, and hilde/guest.

what made the most sense from a revenue standpoint wouldve been.. dlc: Groh, Azwel, Guest, with either tira, setsuka, hilde or Zas as the 4th dlc. The other 3 +an additional guest would be released in season pass #2.

No offence to anyone that likes Hwang and Lizardman but they don't make for very enticing DLC characters. It would seem stupid on Project Soul's part to sell them as DLC when there are more popular characters that aren't present in the current cast and could probably make them more money.

Setsuka, Cassandra, Tira, and Hilde were free in 4, Tira and Hilde were free in 5, with Setsuka's moveset available through Alpha Patroklos, and now we're supposed to pay for all four? fuck that
You're missing the point, none of the
characters except Cass, should technically be in the game in terms of timeline. Liz, Hwang and Cass should be on the base roster, DLC should consist of popular characters that we didn't expect to be on the roster in terms of story.

Before the roster was finished, everyone was begging for Setsuka, Cass, Amy and Hilde. That tells you that people are comfortable paying fkr these fan favorites that arent relevant to the story. But fucking Lizardman and Hwang? If Lizardman and Hwang never made it to the game at all the backlash would be minimal, now they want us to pay for them?

TBH like i said before, if Hwang and Lizardman are DLC im gona cancel my steam deluxe edition and buy Tira, maybe the new guest character if its worth it and the CAS pieces separately. and i encourage you guys to spam namco to give us other characters for a 2nd season pas cus this is utter shit. im sorry but Hwang and and Lizardman are not the money worth they should already be a part of the main cast and not sold as DLC.
I might do the same. If it’s Yun I’ll buy. But if it’s Hwang and Lizzie I’ll pass.

Say what you want about Capcom, but at least everything they charge for in SFV (and even MvCI) is original. Even the existing characters are remodeled and reworked from scratch, as opposed to T7 charging for two characters ported from TTT2 (though with creative new costumes) and SCVI charging for a character that's reusing data from 2005.

Worthless? No
DLC worthy? Fuck No

Tira, Lizard and Yeung were free in 4, Tira and Lizard were free in 5, and now we're supposed to pay for all 3? fuck that

Terrible, but thanks for leaving me a thought to smile with. Yours is a special sort of entitled with a dash of esoteric savvy.

... SCVI charging for a character that's reusing data from 2005.
The tech side of this is above my head, if you don't mind throwing me a bone please.

in terms of my personal wishlist? tira, setsuka, cass, and hilde/guest.

what made the most sense from a revenue standpoint wouldve been.. dlc: Groh, Azwel, Guest, with either tira, setsuka, hilde or Zas as the 4th dlc. The other 3 +an additional guest would be released in season pass #2.
No, that's straight up asking people not to buy the Season Pass if you think Grøh and Azwel will generate revenue. At that point that's just your feelings talking now with which characters you want in the game and which you want to be DLC. The game needs fresh new faces at launch to differentiate from past games, not after the game launches.
If Bandai Namco really wants to be greedy though, the Season Pass will be Talim, Zasalamel, Yun-Seong, and a popular guest. They aren't core characters but are nonetheless very popular characters who's fighting styles were missed from SoulCalibur V which would force people to spend money just to play them.
Now if Bandai Namco wants to be stupid greedy, then the Season Pass is gonna be Taki, Ivy, Siegfried, and Geralt but nobody will probably buy the game and there will be pitchforks and torches raised in front of Namco headquarters.

Regardless of what they have in the Season Pass, I'm supporting the game so I could see more future content. I happen to really like Hwang and Aeon so I'm willing to spend money on them. Especially on Hwang provided that his moveset is closer to Assassin from SoulCalibur II rather than Yun-Seong. Though I'm a fan of Hwang and Aeon, I do agree that they won't sell as well as Setsuka and Hilde and I believe that they should have been available at launch. Bandai Namco is a corporation so I don't expect much but it would be amazing for PR if they announce Hwang and Aeon as free post-launch DLC. There are games out there such as Assassin's Creedy Odyssey in which Ubisoft announced free post-launch content. It would be amazing if Namco did the same for SoulCalibur VI after launch. They need to invest in the game's success and not in the instant cash they can generate. A healthy game with a healthy PR will generate more money in the long run.

No, that's straight up asking people not to buy the Season Pass if you think Grøh and Azwel will generate revenue. At that point that's just your feelings talking now with which characters you want in the game and which you want to be DLC. The game needs fresh new faces at launch to differentiate from past games, not after the game launches.
If Bandai Namco really wants to be greedy though, the Season Pass will be Talim, Zasalamel, Yun-Seong, and a popular guest. They aren't core characters but are nonetheless very popular characters who's fighting styles were missed from SoulCalibur V which would force people to spend money just to play them.
Now if Bandai Namco wants to be stupid greedy, then the Season Pass is gonna be Taki, Ivy, Siegfried, and Geralt but nobody will probably buy the game and there will be pitchforks and torches raised in front of Namco headquarters.

Regardless of what they have in the Season Pass, I'm supporting the game so I could see more future content. I happen to really like Hwang and Aeon so I'm willing to spend money on them. Especially on Hwang provided that his moveset is closer to Assassin from SoulCalibur II rather than Yun-Seong. Though I'm a fan of Hwang and Aeon, I do agree that they won't sell as well as Setsuka and Hilde and I believe that they should have been available at launch. Bandai Namco is a corporation so I don't expect much but it would be amazing for PR if they announce Hwang and Aeon as free post-launch DLC. There are games out there such as Assassin's Creedy Odyssey in which Ubisoft announced free post-launch content. It would be amazing if Namco did the same for SoulCalibur VI after launch. They need to invest in the game's success and not in the instant cash they can generate. A healthy game with a healthy PR will generate more money in the long run.

Maybe that’s ther intention. Rather than just include them, just call them free bonus! :P

Man some of you guys should just wait for the info to be revealed. Save yourselves and everyone else the trouble.

This is what I'm trying to do more than anything else. Over the past few days I've probably deleted 10+ posts instead of sending them just because they were so speculative and useless. It's a difficult urge to resist.

Hayate will be showing us some cool stuff soon. SoulCalibur's TGS panel is less than two days away. The game itself is less than a month a way. We're letting ourselves be driven into a tizzy over hearsay and conjecture. The want for truth alone, no matter how great that want may be, cannot simply wring it into existence. We are closer than ever to simply knowing for ourselves what is and isn't the case. Patience is the word.

Say what you want about Capcom, but at least everything they charge for in SFV (and even MvCI) is original. Even the existing characters are remodeled and reworked from scratch, as opposed to T7 charging for two characters ported from TTT2 (though with creative new costumes) and SCVI charging for a character that's reusing data from 2005.

The tech side of this is above my head, if you don't mind throwing me a bone please.

There is no tech side. They aren't reusing stuff from 2005. At best, they can reference some of the design documents for the characters moves, but this game is in a new engine from even SCV. The code from games back in 2005 is certainly not being used anymore.

Moreover, given the vast differences in mechanics between VI and older entries, adding in veterans would take a not at all negligible amount of effort. They need to be rebalanced and altered to fit the new mechanics, after all.

Point being, they aren't just gonna be porting Hwang from SCI or Yun from SCIV and calling it a day. There is a lot more to it than that, to the point of it taking effort and time comparable to a brand new fighter.

Maybe that’s ther intention. Rather than just include them, just call them free bonus! :P
I'm sure that if it's up to Okubo then that would be the case but he has to answer to investors and higher ups. Business is business and I don't think Bandai Namco is a kind of company like CD Projekt here they prioritize the game over money. A lot of these companies, if they see a way to exploit people for money then they go for it regardless of bad PR.
Okubo wants the game to be good and to develop a good community surrounding it but his bosses want the game to make as much money as fast as possible without understanding the bigger picture. If Okubo wants to keep his job and food on the table then he has to do what he has to do even if it means compromising his good intentions.
It sucks but it is what it is.

Back