Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

My current gripes with the network testing is that my matches for the most part are very clean and lag is minimal, if any. But if there does happen to be a very laggy match, the match won't drop but the lag is making it very hard to be responsive with inputs.

The lag cleared up for me for the most part, had only like 1 match where it was really bad.

But man, I love this game. NM is a BEAST, played like 10 games and I haven't lost one with him.

I just 2a+g - ed a Voldo that launched his CE. I didn't think it was possible. The match was a bit laggy at that moment i dunno if it's normal thing or not though.

I just tried Zasalamel and HOO boy. He's very difficult to figure out but still really fun to play. I just feel bad for the Xianghua who was annihilating me and probably feeling very bored at my lack of challenge and laughing at all my random swings because I didn't know what buttons did what XD

Maybe I'm just high on Soulcalibur VI hype but getting my ass kicked isn't bothering me that much. I feel more embarrassed than angry at the moment.

Depending on how quick I find matches I'll probably play two opponents with one character and then switch up until I've tried most/all the roster and then whatever time I have left of the beta I'll just invest into Kilik.

I just read in some forums that you'll go back to 0 PC if you change character? so each character has his rank, oh well that's good. I'll be able to play my secondaries in Rank without getting destroyed all day unlike in SC5 lol

For those of you who can't play yet, I'm recording my matches and putting them up if you want to see some gameplay.

My first ones are with Talim but I'll get some with sophi, kilik, sieg and taki as well. If you want to see a Talim main play SC6 Talim for the first time check it out. THEY FEEL SO FAMILIAR BUT DIFFERENT!

Last edited:
I keep seeing "Opponent found." and then it cuts right back to Searching :S should I like... refresh when this starts happening or something or won't it make a difference? It's done it 3 times during the current search.

It's like:
- Wait 20-30 minutes.
- Fight someone.
- Either win or get wrecked.
- Rematch.
- If the previous winner wins again, return to step one.
- If the previous loser wins, rematch.
- Return to step one.

All the while I'm dicking around on my PC with my controller turned off so it doesn't drain just waiting for a battle XD

I keep seeing "Opponent found." and then it cuts right back to Searching :S should I like... refresh when this starts happening or something or won't it make a difference? It's done it 3 times during the current search.

It's like:
- Wait 20-30 minutes.
- Fight someone.
- Either win or get wrecked.
- Rematch.
- If the previous winner wins again, return to step one.
- If the previous loser wins, rematch.
- Return to step one.

All the while I'm dicking around on my PC with my controller turned off so it doesn't drain just waiting for a battle XD
That was me until i put my connection at the lowest.

Back