Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Ivy is a dumb bitch in this game Lul, easy 30 win streak:
42858903_1002002606671267_1834419109517852672_n.jpg

it was!! ggs :D

haha yo i was like "damn her horizontals" then i just ducked and went -_-. took a little to adapt i thought they were verticals for some reason. facing talim is scary as hell lol. you got your character down well. tira's moveset for me feels all over the place. i miss brave edges so much =(

i'll love to run sets with you when the game comes out and everybody is seasoned

Loving Taki! Still got a lot to learn but I'm happy with my progress so far, especially that slick move in round 3! :sc1tak1:

I hope they make it so in ranked you can pick like 1-2 characters that it won't match you against, that would be wonderful.

Guard break attacks will shut down aGI CEs like Nights, Zas and Ivy’s. While REs will deflect strike and throw based CEs.

If it hasn’t been known yet, Kilik’s SC CE will catch all opponents whether they’re in the air or not.

Ivy is a dumb bitch in this game Lul, easy 30 win streak:
View attachment 51605

Tips please? How? She's the character I've played most, and played a lot of in SCV as well, seems much tougher to win with for me than other characters. You do sometimes find somebody inexperienced who will fall for a bunch of sweeps or the 2A+G grab, but more often I have to work a lot harder with Ivy to win. Since she has moves with startup, apparently some unsafe on block too etc, less good up close than others etc. Teach me, sensei.

Also a general question, which Critical Edge supers have Guard Impact / counter properties? I've heard Ivy's is one of the best because of this, and it is good, but in general I find if somebody does a super while you're pressing a button, the super will tend to win, for most characters. So seems like a somewhat even playing field there, but maybe hers is better? Not sure how to tell which has GI.

While I'm asking questions, I was about to look up how to do that move where she does a slash and then shoots a purple energy bow and arrow into the air? Anyone know offhand how to do that? Only a couple hours left in the beta, I gotta get all I can in! (edit: found that video in the combos thread, that's probably a bit too long and lucky for me to pull off, hitting with the long range arc move first. Unless you can skip that step. Looks cool though.)

And anyone know how to do Yoshimitsu's low spinning near the ground sword combo?

Last edited:
Back