Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Would be nice if they implemented a 6a+b+k Soul Charge that kept your opponent close to you and maybe initiated a guard break leaving you and your opponent neutral afterwards.

Soul Charge time is precious and it sucked wasting time trying to work my way back in and initiate pressure with Sophy after i activated it.

I thought Sophi killed herself by diging out the shard of soul edge to give to Pyrrha god soulcalibur 5's story is a mess.
You say that as if SCIV's story hadn't railroaded her into either killing herself or becoming the new Nightmare. SCV just managed to make her do both (though Pyrrha managed to do the latter for her). Sophie's story had been falling apart by SCII, but SCIV had a pretty messy story that all but required a reboot. I still maintain that the timeskip was necessary because of how SCIV effectively closed the book with the final battle, but the characters that came out of it weren't as well built as those that came out of similar soft-reboots.

Soul Calibur bonded with Siegfried when he was already out of that phase though, and has a penchant for claiming people with righteous senses of justice as well as black and white views of morality (read: Patroklos) as its host. Tira...has neither of those. Sure she's not textbook evil and is just downright insane, but she does thrive off of spilling blood uncontrollably and I just found it odd that she doesn't have the "Evil" soul charge effect pinned on her like the others do.
She is not really evil. She was brought up with a completely different value system and she is just too childish (especially Jolly) to even understand she is doing something generally seen as wrong. Most of the time for her it's just playing with an enemy around and getting bored. Even Gloomy is just an attempt to protect the childish, innocent side. She only felt truly evil in SC5 to me.

She is not really evil. She was brought up with a completely different value system and she is just too childish (especially Jolly) to even understand she is doing something generally seen as wrong. Most of the time for her it's just playing with an enemy around and getting bored. Even Gloomy is just an attempt to protect the childish, innocent side. She only felt truly evil in SC5 to me.

Her involvement with the Alexandras and Sophitia's children began with her introduction to the series though. She's been touted as one of the antagonists since her first game.

Hey everyone, post your final rankings lets see how far everyone got

View attachment 51640
A fellow taki player, I was at 5500 or something would've been more but i tried other characters out and I didn't feel like playing the 3rd day. I can say that i beat at least 96% of everybody i fought with, with about every character I played with. I can say I fought 2 different voldo players and lost lol one humped me off the ledge so weird.

Since one of the videos showed choosing battle comments for Sophitia (and some of the options were very out of character), it's probably safe to assume it's just text.

But having said that, there are many options, comments during reversal edge, comments after critical edge, certain things that just wouldn't make sense with written text. What would we have, a chosen battle comment come up on the screen in text subtitle during a reversal edge with no audio?

All the options seem to be for situations during a fight (check some of the create a soul YouTube vids) How on earth would just text work for that?

Seems like there's a good chance it is audio, although if true it would be surprisingly elaborate given some of the other limitations.

If they put Setsuka in I hope they make her look like her SC4 version

Reeeeeaallllllllllllly?!!!???

Her kimono in SC3 was waifu Ultimate.
She had the Angelina leg and everything. :(

I always thought her SC4 was tryhard Baiken.

Her involvement with the Alexandras and Sophitia's children began with her introduction to the series though. She's been touted as one of the antagonists since her first game.

I don’t think Tira has ever used Soul edge for personal gain she’s only governed it as it gives her the opportunity to kill mercilessly.

I’m sure she knows what the power can do to an individual, she’s taunted Sophitia about it.
Watched over Raphael using it.
Will probably contront Ivy about it and I’m sure is aware of Cervantes’ time with it.

And the way she’s coerced Pyrrha into using it.

She’s mentally unstable but she’s still fairly intelligent.

Chaotic neutral serves her best as she’s only really serving her best interest.

What's everyones thoughts on the character balance. I feel like NIght, Sieg and Ivy were very powerful. Groh was strong but definitely beatable. Sophie, and Mitsu felt slightly underpowered. X felt rather weak IMO, i trashed every X i went up against except one. Taki was shit. Didn't go up against maxi or voldo enough. Yoshi was beatable. Didn't even meet a talim once. Kilik was predictable but i couldn't seem to beat one cause I suck.

Her kimono in SC3 was waifu Ultimate.
She had the Angelina leg and everything. :(

I always thought her SC4 was tryhard Baiken.

Burn words but I wholeheartedly agree, her SC3 look is kino while her SC4 look is trash.

1536594055527.jpg

What's everyones thoughts on the character balance. I feel like NIght, Sieg and Ivy were very powerful. Groh was strong but definitely beatable. Sophie, and Mitsu felt slightly underpowered. X felt rather weak IMO, i trashed every X i went up against except one. Taki was shit. Didn't go up against maxi or voldo enough. Yoshi was beatable. Didn't even meet a talim once. Kilik was predictable but i couldn't seem to beat one cause I suck.
Is funny my girlfriend was kicking butt with X, she was her best character, and it was with her out of the two of us that came the largest win streak.

Is funny my girlfriend was kicking butt with X, she was her best character, and it was with her out of the two of us that came the largest win streak.
Interesting. I fully broke each X, and found it really easy to get lethal hits on them, especially the 66b. I just found it easy to face them. Sadly however, mitsu was absolutely no match for sieg. I only won about 37% of the times a fought sieg. I never beat a kilik though.

Back