Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Contrary to what we may have all assumed. Despite the fact the game was confirmed to have gone gold a while back. All of the footage we've been seing the last few weeks has been from a preview build, not the final game. Towards the end of this video the guy states that it is a preview build with limitations and restrictions and that certain changes were to be made in the final release build, as confirmed to him by bandai namco. So despite the appearance of a complete game, there are still going to be changes in the final version.

So all of our assumptions about the amount of content In the final build could be premature with regards to the amount of stages, characters and CaS. Even the 129 weapons may not be final which opens up the entire possibility of more characters being revealed in the next 2 weeks before release. Not saying its a liklihood, but just that it's possible.

Just thought I'd throw that out there on a positive note!

Last edited:
Now all that's left is to speculate on if there'll be a second unlockable character, perhaps a bonus one you get by doing certain bonus stage in Libra of Soul like SCII had (or even for doing all of them like Lizardman in that game). Would explain why there's been no accidental leak yet like Inferno.

Now all that's left is to speculate on if there'll be a second unlockable character, perhaps a bonus one you get by doing certain bonus stage in Libra of Soul like SCII had (or even for doing all of them like Lizardman in that game). Would explain why there's been no accidental leak yet like Inferno.

I think Namco wanted people to play 30 minutes of the main Soul Chronicle story & Libra of Soul.

tumblr_inline_oo34ostD9F1ufzexp_500.gif

The only ones I can think of are Lizardman and Edge Master because the Soul Chronicle menu doesn't have them and I can see why they wouldn't have a Soul Chronicle like the other characters (Lizardman's just a savage beast and Edge Master is meant to be a supporting character).

I'm old enough to remember when people were also disappointed that SoulCalibur IV didn't have a mimic. As shocking as it might seem, some of us do enjoy a good mimic.

I'm kind of so-so on Inferno's design. His hellfire is such a pretty shade of pink that it doesn't really fit. But I'm honestly really happy that he's finally back. In my mind, Inferno will always be THE boss of the series.

But I saw the trailer and I love the fact that they brought back some of his exclusive SC1 moves! His spinning izuna drop is so damn cool. I'm disappointed he's not a mimic, but at least I can use him to spin around a bunch.
Just need Setsuka, Cassandra and ZWEI in there then perfect! XD

Edit: didn't mean to tag you rex, my phone just spazzed out lol Hi anyway xD

The only ones I can think of are Lizardman and Edge Master because the Soul Chronicle menu doesn't have them and I can see why they wouldn't have a Soul Chronicle like the other characters (Lizardman's just a savage beast and Edge Master is meant to be a supporting character).

The Soul Chronicle menu could also just not list locked characters. Tira has a story that isn't listed there, so we already know it's designed to expand.

I'm STUPID bored right now, so speculation:

If Inferno is one of the 4 empty slots (which honestly I don't think he is... I think we've seen all we're getting...) then I think the realistic options for the remaining 3 are:
- Lizardman (with original axe and shield style)
- Hwang (with the classic chinese sword style he and Yun shared)
- Edge Master (mimic)

Lizardman honestly would bother me. We can create him in CAS now and give him Sophie's moveset. If they gave him his SCV moveset then maybe it'd be ok but if he's gonna be going back to his roots then I'm not sure he's worth a slot as long as the Lizardman Race exists. I think it's be nice to see him have the axe and shield but with an entirely different moveset to Sophitia, but I don't see them doing that. So I hope he's not in.

Hwang would be great, honestly. He'd feel like a new character since he has been absent for so long and with the way the games are nowadays he could have his entire personality and story reworked to be more engaging and interesting, plus he would have a totally unique style (unless they were lazy and made him a Xiang clone...)

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Edgy (though with roster as small as it is, he'd be a slightly bitter pill all the same). I don't like him as a character (too generic) but in terms of filling the role of the game's mimic (since Inferno clearly isn't), it's fine. I understand why mimics aren't popular and to a degree I feel the same but I think one is fine. I personally did choose Kilik and Elysium in SCV just for fun and I kind of enjoy that each round is different.

Any of those characters (preferably Lizardman) could be replaced with Rock. Not because I like him, but because it would make sense to complete the original SCI roster.

Now admittedly all 3-4 of these 'realistic' options for characters are... not great... but on the bright side, it means we'd be guaranteed some gems for DLC rather than sweating about the odds of Lizzy or Rock being DLC lol.

Assuming one of the DLC is the rumored second guest, that leaves 2 options. Assuming they have only been developing DLC characters recently (since there's no real rush 'cause they won't be released for many months probably) I would guess they'll choose characters that are most in demand right now, which from my personal observation appears to be: Cassandra, Setsuka, and Hilde, in that order. I weep for Amy *cough* but anyway, I imagine they'll choose two of those to make the remaining DLC, which would also fill in the need for more female characters since all the DLC (except maybe this mystery Guest) would be female (which they know is more likely to sell).

I bet 99% I'm wrong about every bit of this but hey-ho, it was fun to speculate.

I really do believe the 4 slots on the select screen are just DLC and Inferno's going in the middle, but I hope SO MUCH that the center slot will be the 'DLC category' slot and the other 4 are free for yet-to-be-revealed characters that are maybe unlocked through Soul Chronicle and/or Libra of Souls. I miss the old days where like half the roster was a total mystery until you unlocked them.

I'm pretty curious if the future DLC characters will also have Soul Chronicle stories, or if Tira's just special being launch day DLC. I hope they do but I don't really expect it.

Obviously if one ended up being a SCV character they couldn't really do that but Cassandra/Setsuka/etc could be fitted into the story easily enough.

I'm pretty curious if the future DLC characters will also have Soul Chronicle stories, or if Tira's just special being launch day DLC. I hope they do but I don't really expect it.

Obviously if one ended up being a SCV character they couldn't really do that but Cassandra/Setsuka/etc could be fitted into the story easily enough.
This is a reboot. If they wanted to bring Patroklos in as Sophie's cousin, it would be canon just because they said so.
Chances a mom and pop store will sell early or someone will be lucky and spill some beans?

Surprised we don’t have a trophy list yet.
Very surprised to not see a trophy list yet. That should've leaked like a month or two ago.

Back