Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Azwel is fully playable and balanced with the rest of the cast but Inferno is not. You're taking the concept of "overpowered" and saying a character cannot be balanced with the rest of the cast because of how it looks on a trailer. That is just incorrect. The only real proof we have of Inferno being truly broken is that Namco straight up told us he will not be available to play online. Meaning they will not be focusing any attention on balancing him. Plenty of other games have made bosses fully playable and they weren't even top tier despite how "overpowered" they seem. PS could have designed Inferno still balanced with the rest of the roster.
Azwel isn't that much balanced if we take into account Bamco's rep claims that he's too powerful or maybe he is. My point was that they can be as OP as much as they want as CPU-controlled bosses but, from the moment we the players choose to use them, they can be balanced, kind of what happened with Seth back in SFIV. OP as a CPU boss, balanced when chosen by a player. As for Inferno, i based my thoughts of him off of a Soul Chronicle footage showcasing a battle between him and Kilik. Anyways, nice discussing this with you.😁

No? I'm from Dubai. That steam account is new, as you can see. I've only played SFV and a Digimon MMO on it.

oke cool i was wondering cus if you see someone with 070 its the number code for The Hague in the Nederlands, and most of them also just put NL in their gamertag.

Guys, I know this is kinda out of nowhere, but I didn't got the feedback I would like on reddit in regards to the following speculation and train of thought, so I am summing up it here and would REALLY like to know what you guys think. I based the above on the end of the vídeo that I attached here (about 7:50 mark if I am not mistaken).
I honestly believe that Lizardman will be in the base game. I mean, wouldn't make sense introducing his moves only for them to be part of a single random henchmen like it was in the Killik story. Also, his pose is waaay different than Sophitia, with his right arm being way back when compared to her. If he is to be a clone of her with just some new moves, wouldn't that difference mess up some of her animations? And why go the extra mile and change his pose, again, just for a single random henchmen?
I mean, if Inferno is playable, doesn't that signal a change in design philosophy? We weren't able to play as Night Terror back in the day. I don't remember a OP boss being playable in the history of the franchise. To me that shows us that if we see it, we can play it.
I may be jumping the gun here, that is obvious: put I am pretty sure of what I'm talking about.

Azwel isn't that much balanced if we take into account Bamco's rep claims that he's too powerful or maybe he is. My point was that they can be as OP as much as they want as CPU-controlled bosses but, from the moment we the players choose to use them, they can be balanced, kind of what happened with Seth back in SFIV. OP as a CPU boss, balanced when chosen by a player. As for Inferno, i based my thoughts of him off of a Soul Chronicle footage showcasing a battle between him and Kilik. Anyways, nice discussing this with you.😁

Seth was one of my primary characters back in SF4. He took an assortment of moves from several characters. Ryu, Guile, Chun Li, Zangief, Dhalsim, and all his normals were from Urien who was never even in that game. Most people hated that character but i loved playing him. I remember he had less life than anyone else on the roster because of all his options but he was a serious gamble as a result of that. High risk/high reward but only if you were good and i loved that about him. The best example of a "glass cannon" that i know of besides maybe Phoenix in MvsC3.

I feel they could have done a similar thing here with Inferno. Inferno's previous hosts that we know of were Cervantes and Algol. He could also take some moves from Nightmare's Lieutenants (Ivy, Astaroth, Lizardman). That is a total of 6 movelists to make up Inferno into a new character rather than just a modified Nightmare with a few different moves. This would have been a great way for Project Soul to counter the leak issue. They could say "See, not all our characters leaked!" I'm just dissapointed at what seems like a missed opportunity. Naturally i want as many fully playable characters possible on the roster.

Welcome to the forums.

Right there with you @Spanky!! Though sadly, i won't be getting the game or a ps4 anytime soon. Life is stomping me down with some economical problems so....yeah. But i'm still damn hype anyways :D

Yay for hype!!! But I'm sorry you can't afford a PS4 at the moment. :( Economic struggles suck... Keep saving what cash you can... a PS4 will come your way sooner or later, I'm sure!

Seth was one of my primary characters back in SF4. He took an assortment of moves from several characters. Ryu, Guile, Chun Li, Zangief, Dhalsim, and all his normals were from Urien who was never even in that game. Most people hated that character but i loved playing him. I remember he had less life than anyone else on the roster because of all his options but he was a serious gamble as a result of that. High risk/high reward but only if you were good and i loved that about him. The best example of a "glass cannon" that i know of besides maybe Phoenix in MvsC3.

I feel they could have done a similar thing here with Inferno. Inferno's previous hosts that we know of were Cervantes and Algol. He could also take some moves from Nightmare's Lieutenants (Ivy, Astaroth, Lizardman). That is a total of 6 movelists to make up Inferno into a new character rather than just a modified Nightmare with a few different moves. This would have been a great way for Project Soul to counter the leak issue. They could say "See, not all our characters leaked!" I'm just dissapointed at what seems like a missed opportunity. Naturally i want as many fully playable characters possible on the roster.

Welcome to the forums.
Overall, you have some pretty good ideas from what i'm reading. And thank you for having me.

Does anyone know the difference between all the editions?
I don't want the Sophitia statue and just want the silver/metal box, preferably with the season 1 DLC for Xbox one. Which version do I need and where should I order from (in the UK)?
Someone pls hold my hand

It's so close. I already know what I'm doing that day. Getting off work, driving to the store (probably blasting SC music), picking up my Collectors Edition with the Talim Figurine, going home UNBOXING IT, LOOKING AT EVERYTHING IN AWE, PUTTING IN MY PLAYSTATION, BEING GREETED WITH
AHHH it's all too much
tenor.gif

Yay for hype!!! But I'm sorry you can't afford a PS4 at the moment. :( Economic struggles suck... Keep saving what cash you can... a PS4 will come your way sooner or later, I'm sure!
Hope it does, SCVI is probably the only reason for me to buy a PS4, i just love the series. Wish that when it drops, you and everyone else here will have a great time with it! :)

Does anyone know the difference between all the editions?
I don't want the Sophitia statue and just want the silver/metal box, preferably with the season 1 DLC for Xbox one. Which version do I need and where should I order from (in the UK)?
Someone pls hold my hand
Look online for stores in UK that have pre-order bonuses.
A store in my country (Holland) has the normal version but you get this case when you pre- order so I plan on getting that and getting the season pass just from the ps store on launch day i think.
E3EB0733-1431-4E4F-8C83-189009ADF561.jpeg

Back