Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It is also possible that the handaxe could actually not be with a shield and he could have dual hand-axes similar to the way he used them in V. This is of course if Lizzie is actually a character this time around and not as a lot of people suspect only CaS or DLC (which while I would be fine with I know plenty of other people would prefer other characters and a more popular character for DLC would help the longevity of the game).

Definitely starting to look like his inclusion in SC6 is reduced to enemy Lizzies using his SC1 moveset.

Aeon the Original Lizardman

vlcsnap-2018-10-11-10h33m16s761.png

Lacky Lizardmen in the Main Soul Chronicle Story

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-06h28m47s351.png

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-06h29m38s107.png

Leader Lizardman in the Main Soul Chronicle Story & Libra of Soul

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-06h30m57s277.png

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-06h17m49s563.png

DpYLPsMU8AEAFU-.jpg:orig

Lizardman with axe and shield

This the leader of the group of Lizardmen in the Main Soul Chronicle Story that Kilik fights because the leader fights like the SCII Lizardman.

View attachment 51904

This the leader of the group of Lizardmen in the Main Soul Chronicle Story that Kilik fights because the leader fights like the SCII Lizardman.
Has anymore videos of proper Lizardman surfaced since @Hayate 's video?

Of the remaining characters, Hwang's the one I'd least like to see as dlc (besides Rock but there's no chance of him happening at this point). I think it wouldn't be a great move for sales either, sure people here on a SC fansite know Hwang well but most people started with SCII or later, their only knowledge of Hwang is being one of many bonus characters in SCIII (I know he's a full character for AE but casual fans haven't played that). When they've got essentially 2 slots to choose from Hilde/Cassandra/Setsuka/Amy/Yun/Hwang/SCV's new styles, having one be Hwang would be a big waste. Yun would at least be recognisable.

Besides, Hwang's playstyle just isn't visually exciting. It's the kind of thing I can see them maybe doing as a quick made bonus CaS style, in case people want a generic swordsman style without having any strong personality come across from the original character. Yun's is more interesting to watch but in that case they're better off just including Yun.

They need to confirm whether or not Aeon is in at this rate with two official artworks of him now, I don't like my heart being played with like this.
Aeon is just a face in the crowd. All the lizardman pictures are just representing that they have a lizardman army on the villain side. There's nothing to make him any more special than any other lizardman at this point other than his style... which is looking like is not coming back.

Damn since they took out Global Colosseum I wish they had some sort of casual matchmaking mode. Sometimes you dont want to sit in the koth style lobbys.
I hope for random casual matchmaking too like Tekken 7.
It's funny and very useful when you want to try a new char you are learning to use before "launch him" on ranked matches.

Aeon is just a face in the crowd. All the lizardman pictures are just representing that they have a lizardman army on the villain side. There's nothing to make him any more special than any other lizardman at this point other than his style... which is looking like is not coming back.
No hand axe style (dual or otherwise) has been confirmed to be in, that's what I'm most interested in as it would be a waste to have a race without a beast-like style imo.

Not trying to give false hopes or anything but i do remember that they did same thing with Tekken 7, they released an Artwork that had Kuma in it while Kuma wasn't announced yet for the game at that time, and then the Bear (and Panda) get announce later. just saying.

View attachment 51904

Ooohh i can't take this anymore! Be still, my beating heart!! Seriously though, even if we end up without Aeon, i don't mind creating my own lizzies.
Btw, did we have any info from the Gamestart stream or it didn't work at all?

So, i just thought of something. What if the hand ax/shield is unique to lizard-only CaS? But then again, that doesn't justify the whole tease going on about Aeon and if he ends up being playable. Honestly, we should wait and see.
Darned Bamco, messing with our heads!😥

Last edited:
Judging by the point the stream starts there's no opening intro cinematic. Just straight to title screen like the beta. That's a real shame.

And no proper select screen on arcade mode? Why oh why would they do that? Its not like they haven't already made a beautiful select screen for vs. The asset is made. That really dampens the whole atmosphere for casuals. What a waste. Looks like arcade mode was an afterthought.

I still can't wait for the game but got to be honest this is pretty disappointing.
Ye at this point I wouldn't expect them to keep such things under wraps. No matter, all will be revealed soon.

The Nakano event is in 16-ish hours and is probably the last big event pre-release. If they plan to announce anything else it will probably be here...otherwise they are saving any surprises for release or there might not be anything else until the season pass characters announcement.

And no proper select screen on arcade mode? Why oh why would they do that? Its not like they haven't already made a beautiful select screen for vs. The asset is made. That really dampens the whole atmosphere for casuals. What a waste. Looks like arcade mode was an afterthought.

I still can't wait for the game but got to be honest this is pretty disappointing.
This is exactly how I feel. Arcade is the mode I play the most once I've completed the Story Mode and such. Just last night I must've done 20 runs of SCV's Arcade, which already felt watered down but SCVI's really does just feel like an afterthought.

The select screen is so beautiful and the fact you can see the 3D models that say a cool line when you select them (even your customs!) made it awesome and I was looking forward to seeing that all the time but now I literally won't see it at all because I don't play online or versus. That fucking sucks.

Add that to the fact you don't even get a boss fight at the end (like literally EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME EVER), let alone a destined battle and I'm pretty devastated.

Back