Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I couldn't resist:
oLH1UNR.jpg
n-OPd_1b-ohiGHsUtudiOg2WeQut66xqD_RSkJmTxATxEaDdO14a85lcNx6iXe-40dfd3JUCWGMeXXT_0bWLQ7RSPJU2Nb3yQR469oxhjpRTi9WUgNWWlpxv4pkoywmi1e-R9EImrCiRjBY96JNmE-zAL9VwztG-QFG9C3hZgDk-SsTwg78orRD_TLPBUO1lR78sMlE9s4TWrbbMNRaJG6Wztwt43tX9XnZqmCGvxLhZLRHzlMyFCXA7dWX3gi_BzLetFNis9__-LzTUpTELnRqBE5zySePUQmm41NXpP6Tvye67EVOhEpm58Yi_U5IYN40d9Y-UOBFw21qPyLn2SzL-JK4oEHVA9WjS3IyXp_6JT8Gla6HvPZhOeK83UmihyzD1zGWeigDnOyMtUMC2IBLPk2QEhnWB1ZsD5mpxoiHTP9zO-I4fLnhRCMj_77tB_l87XgLxt3t9CNyGIfQqprb6x4gWY_hQHkIfot5ixx9D9H8EWF3eAcurVHA_Qwk-MhCCLFYUhyVD4fMnOV40t81sG_dQ_w0QEWOJRBc5SNY2DNsWeOtftx95jXGYzhTPfZxKZVskyEXQHAAgIkxg7QyRnzIhpjcHzarsPTXzueo_9xAe2WrW0kLrL_pH-dY=w320-h240-no

Clones... Clones everywhere
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Give me Hilde, Setsuka, Viola and Zwei.

Competetive isn't just a literal act of competing, it's a mindset. If you lab a character, you are competetive. If you look at frame data, you are competetive. You are going out of your way to better your game so you can defeat other players. Each match against a player is a competition.

However, ranked is specifically competetive in nature, because your skill is being measured and put on display against players around the world. As such, there need to be rules and I totally get why CaS isn't a desirable feature.

What if you've been labbing against Mitsurugi and then you encounter some short, skeleton man CaS Mitsurugi with completely different hitboxes, making alot of your hard work useless? That's just one example. Would competetive players now be expected to train and lab against every character with each body type and race? That's fucking absurd.

I understand that people can enjoy CaS and be competitive (I'm one of them tbh) but if you're bummed out by the idea of no CaS in ranked, I have to call into question just how competitive you are. Competitions need to have rules and consistency. People can't be able to cheat.

This is the most powerful CaS system we've received, people *will* abuse it, if allowed. Ranked would have no merit if it was just the wild west with CaS running around everywhere.

Competetive isn't just a literal act of competing, it's a mindset. If you lab a character, you are competetive. If you look at frame data, you are competetive. You are going out of your way to better your game so you can defeat other players. Each match against a player is a competition.

However, ranked is specifically competetive in nature, because your skill is being measured and put on display against players around the world. As such, there need to be rules and I totally get why CaS isn't a desirable feature.

What if you've been labbing against Mitsurugi and then you encounter some short, skeleton man CaS Mitsurugi with completely different hitboxes, making alot of your hard work useless? That's just one example. Would competetive players now be expected to train and lab against every character with each body type and race? That's fucking absurd.

I understand that people can enjoy CaS and be competitive (I'm one of them tbh) but if you're bummed out by the idea of no CaS in ranked, I have to call into question just how competitive you are. Competitions need to have rules and consistency. People can't be able to cheat.

This is the most powerful CaS system we've received, people *will* abuse it, if allowed. Ranked would have no merit if it was just the wild west with CaS running around everywhere.

Second+that+_8c6af61c766762166c710fcca06061f5.jpg

The priority i think would go like this:
Cassandra
Setsuka
Guests/New characters
Hilde
Hwang/Yun
Amy
Rock
Algol
I'm pretty sure the top 4 of them are being worked on. Some of them may not show up until a season 2 depending on guests or new characters. Obviously not everyone would agree with my order but this is what i think would be PS's priority.

Concerning Hwang i really feel like they are going to skip him and go straight to Yun. Not happy about it but that is just what i think. Same with Aeon, replaced by CAS race.

Rock and Algol do have a shot but they are definitely at the bottom of the list. Maybe if there's a season 3.

Zwei, Viola and Dhampierre i dont believe will even be considered. A joke character just wasnt ever needed and i dont see them disregarding the timeline to the extent of including SC5 characters.

A strong point and I completely get it.
However, speaking only for myself, I play competitively and like anyone else who does, plays to win.
I also like a challenge and some of the greatest things is to see variety and matchups.
As far as I'm concerned as a "competitive" player (by definition) one should be able and open to what ever comes their way as long as it isn't outside the boundaries of said game.
The arguments of
"silly customs are distracting"
"I can't take them seriously"
"They have different height and reach from the original cast"
Are fairly trivial (in my opinion) if you truly are competitive.
Knowing the exact frame data of a original cast member and counter picking with characters lowers your competitive ability, all you are is a mathematician.
If you were truly competitive you will know yourself, study your opponent both in and out of the fight, and be open to whatever comes your way seeking to overcome your opponent so long as it is within the realms and boundaries of the game.
That is your drive. That is your ambition.
That is your mental state.

And since CaS do not break the game it shouldn't be a problem.

All it does is stop those who study a original cast frame data to prepare their battle analysis.

Moral of the story...
Suck it up, git gud.

Sounds more like a bunch of whining to me. I mean if you really break it down it's really just a matter of how complex you want competition to be. It's a matter of how many variables you're willing to condend with. Are you more a checkers, chess or dragon chess player. The only difference between CaS and only being allowed the same exact character is a matter of extremes. One has no variables and the other has many variables. Single character is checkers, no CaS is chess, and with CaS is dragon chess (that weird chess with three boards and three levels).

You can compete in all three games just fine and with just as much vigor. Whining about hitboxes is just whining about too many variables. Be careful yoy don't dumb things down too much unless you like checkers over chess.

Sounds more like a bunch of whining to me. I mean if you really break it down it's really just a matter of how complex you want competition to be. It's a matter of how many variables you're willing to condend with. Are you more a checkers, chess or dragon chess player. The only difference between CaS and only being allowed the same exact character is a matter of extremes. One has no variables and the other has many variables. Single character is checkers, no CaS is chess, and with CaS is dragon chess (that weird chess with three boards and three levels).

You can compete in all three games just fine and with just as much vigor. Whining about hitboxes is just whining about too many variables. Be careful yoy don't dumb things down too much unless you like checkers ovet chesd.

This is precisely why CaS is illegal in tournament. Having to learn match-ups between 20+ characters is hard enough, but compounding it with varying hitboxes and damage rates is not fun. That and the occasional douchebag who decides to shroud their entire character with gigantic bongo drums so you can't see their animations.

If you wanted to use CaS online, then sure, keep it to Casual. Ranked is for people who actually want to fight on an equal playing field.

This is precisely why CaS is illegal in tournament. Having to learn match-ups between 20+ characters is hard enough, but compounding it with varying hitboxes and damage rates is not fun. That and the occasional douchebag who decides to shroud their entire character with gigantic bongo drums so you can't see their animations.

If you wanted to use CaS online, then sure, keep it to Casual. Ranked is for people who actually want to fight on an equal playing field.
But given how armor break occurs much more often (which I personally loathe) instead of just sometimes at end of round, is the drum thing even a real worry? Assuming they're even in the game; I only fought a handful of them in 5 over the course of 6 years.

But given how armor break occurs much more often (which I personally loathe) instead of just sometimes at end of round, is the drum thing even a real worry? Assuming they're even in the game; I only fought a handful of them in 5 over the course of 6 years.

I've had few experiences with them myself, but we're operating on the pretense that we'd actually be able to effectively counter attack against a character whose actions we can't see. Those experiences weren't very fun from what I remember.

That and the occasional douchebag who decides to shroud their entire character with gigantic bongo drums so you can't see their animations.

THIS!!!

its exactly why cas should not be allowed in ranked, if you have not played against these kind of CAS then i think you dont understand where some of us are coming from. i have had my fair share of playing against these people and it made the gameplay cancer, its the only way i can describe it, the only thing you could do to make it fair was to break their armor. Main reason why im against removing armor break system from SC.

I mean if you really break it down it's really just a matter of how complex you want competition to be. It's a matter of how many variables you're willing to condend with.
If you're trying to paint an unknown hurtbox as some kind of strategic play then using anyone who isn't a CaS character puts you at an automatic disadvantage because you're using a well known hurtbox. Never mind that game knowledge is not strategic depth. You either know the hitboxes or you have to guess at it.

The bottom line is, I just plain don't want to see your epic Shrek cosplay with Talim's moveset and the screechiest voice imaginable. It wasn't funny the first time and it wasn't funny the 437th time. Good luck with the updoots when you post your OC on Reddit though.

Which is why additional items and absolute blacks should be disabled. Not CaS.
It's easy to implement.

Anything else is just a matter of folks not being able to handle variables which are within the game. A rather limited perception of being "competitive"

You can compete in all three games just fine and with just as much vigor. Whining about hitboxes is just whining about too many variables. Be careful yoy don't dumb things down too much unless you like checkers over chess.
R6EpXc2.gif

Back