Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Don't get me wrong, planned DLC is a good thing for fighters, it's just about how or when that DLC is produced that's scummy. It's why you'll never see me complaining about Season 2+ DLC, as it's produced as a reaction to reception rather than just to milk a product. If these characters start coming out towards December or later, then maybe you could try to convince me that they started work after most of the launch content was done, but if you show off a fully complete character 2 months before launch, and then say she couldn't make it into the disc she's already on, that's when I have a problem.
You do realize the game was already completed when Tira was announced. The last couple of months on games is just fixing bugs and the people who aren't fixing bugs are moved to dlc work

Pre-order only characters are stupid. Not everyone gets stuff immediately, it could be bought for someone's birthday a couple weeks later for example and they just would be able to play the character at all until the arbitrary pre-order exclusivity periods runs out (or you get one of those dumb situations where only certain shops have the bonus).

If a character has to be launch day DLC they should be available for everyone not just locked for a month or 3 for anyone who didn't pre-order it.

if they wanted to make Tira a DLC character, I think they should have offered her as a "day one" Preorder bonus for buying the main game, and NOT tie her to the Season Pass. and then give us a Pass with four addition characters.

in fact, I'd think that would drive preorders more, since I'm sure there are a lot of Tira fans out there who would preorder so they could play her day one.

That would be nice but that’s more content for them to produce.

Anyways,

Does anyone know what’s going on with the character select screen? Are there still two random empty circles at the bottom now that inferno and Tira have their spots? And if we assume there’s a day 1 patch, would that be coming Friday? ;)

Great scores all around :D

Anyway, Im sorta new to the forum. Can someone point me toward a topic / post /youtube video with all the main basic movement techniques of SC6?

I'm coming from a Tekken background and just want to know if there's some spacing tech to learn (backdash etc) or not.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/test/940563/soulcalibur-vi-le-retour-en-fanfare.htm

No specific embargo in France. So i don't know at all why Hayate and maybe others are still under embargo.

If you're curious they give 16/20 this way :

+ Liverly and nervous gameplay, Reversal and lethal hits, Libra of Souls, training for beginners and experts, varied roster, Geralt, quite many unlocks (?)
- Graphically dated, some camera bugs, too much endless talk in Libra and story mode, CAS the same than SC5, soulless environments, no secondary costumes

Last edited:
Great scores all around :D

Anyway, Im sorta new to the forum. Can someone point me toward a topic / post /youtube video with all the main basic movement techniques of SC6?

I'm coming from a Tekken background and just want to know if there's some spacing tech to learn (backdash etc) or not.
Here are two videos that are worth watching if you're new to the series:

Well, at least your stance is correct, ha!

Taki.gif

Also a word to the administrator. It would be great to be able to upload webm's instead of gif's, you get better quality picture from webm's at a lower file size.

Pretty much follows my expectations.

Roster could be bigger and a lot of story but the presentation could be improved. Combat and polish otherwise looks fantastic! Super excited for Thursday.

Also, as a sidebar as we wait for release, I agree that many people who criticize female sexualization overlook male sexualization. I also personally don't mind sexualization in games. Having said that, it's almost inarguable that in general, how females are portrayed in games is more narrowly defined than how males are portrayed, and Soul Calibur is no exception. In SC, males are portrayed as normal, sexy muscular, sexy pretty boy, perverted/demented, old man, flamboyant, puritan, or animals/monsters (note that many of those CaS monsteruous options are not available as females). As it is in most fighting games, females are either overly sexy or kawaii. Hilde and Tira are exceptions to this, but one of them isn't here and Tira is DLC. I don't mind it, but I would personally want more variety. (I do find this much less important than many other things, and I would first prefer to have more females to begin with as I have already beat to death on this forum, but I think it is worth a mention especially if reviewers are bringing it up).

I don't even think SC6 is that sexualised compared to previous games. If I'm not mistaken they even turned off the female chest physics for female characters using a male fighting style, I saw a CaS clip on YouTube where somebody made a female with Groh's style.

Any news on if the game does in-fact have some input delay issues? That is my only big concern with it right now. Really growing tired of input delay being such a problem in fighting games as of the last few years. Damn unreal engine...

Also, if it's not already been mentioned, pre-load on the Steam version is available. Which is great, I suspected it wasn't going to have one.

If content was removed from a product you're paying full price for to be resold to you, yes, that should count in a review. A review's job is to tell you if a game is worth your money.

But how would you know if the game was worth 60$ or not? Before or after the cut content?

Last edited:
I don't even think SC6 is that sexualised compared to previous games. If I'm not mistaken they even turned off the female chest physics for female characters using a male fighting style, I saw a CaS clip on YouTube where somebody made a female with Groh's style.
They did what? D:< Why?

But how would you know if the game was worth 60$ or not? Before or after the cut content?

You just need to know the actual content to decide if the game worth 60€/$ to you. There is no need to speculate about cut content.
I would have praised the game if it was sold at 40€/$. But currently, I don't think it's a good deal. Problem is, it's risky to wait while the main attraction (for me) is online play.

By the way, we should soon know the price of Tira as standalone? I would be disappointed (AGAIN) if she is above 6€/$.

You just need to know the actual content to decide if the game worth 60€/$ to you. There is no need to speculate about cut content.
I would have praised the game if it was sold at 40€/$. But currently, I don't think it's a good deal. Problem is, it's risky to wait while the main attraction (for me) is online play.

By the way, we should soon know the price of Tira as standalone? I would be disappointed (AGAIN) if she is above 6€/$.

Since season Pass is 30, if they consider all parts equal, then that's $5 ea part of the pass, if they don't want to price individual items higher than their individualized cost as if season passed. However, they probably will price individual items higher, so it will probably be at least $6. If they think one character is worth more than 100 CaS parts, or they just really wanna gouge individually priced items, then I could see Tira costing $8.

They did what? D:< Why?

Don't know dude.

Saw a clip of a created female character with Groh's style. The person was testing all the different poses for taking the photo and the character's chest was fixed with no physics. So I'm just guessing the physics don't work with male fighting styles. Although somebody with the game may be able to correct me on that.

Back