Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

anyone else here play on Xbox and encounter noticeable offline lag/delay when navigating the menu/UI?

like, starting Arcade mode and bringing up the character select portraits takes 6-7 seconds.

I'm experiencing that on my Xbox One X but strangely not on my PS4 Pro.

anyone else on Xbox experience such lag/delay? or is it perhaps my Xbox copy is defective?

Is anybody else bothered by Azwel casually referring to wavelengths regularly over a century before they are discovered?

Please no.
Getting bored with this useless kind of comments, you don't like it fine, no need to spam that every time someone talk about a character you don't like.
It's the same if people just said "Pass" or "god, please no" every time someone ask for Setsuka, Hwang Lizardman.... I really don't get the mentality of this community... :/

Really? Even after the release of the game, you guys still go on negatively about stuff? Okay, the fact you don't like the game for your own personal reasons is respected without a doubt BUT, please keep those thoughts to yourselves. Don't try to force them to people who like the game or, even mock them, for that matter. Aggresiveness will get no one, nowhere.

Is anybody else bothered by Azwel casually referring to wavelengths regularly over a century before they are discovered?

Pretty much everything involving the Aval organization has me rolling my eyes. I know it's a high fantasy series, but this part in particular has so many blatant anachronisms, and is so divorced from the rest of the plot and world, it feels like an excuse to write something that doesn't fit with the established setting of the game. Like Chronicle of the Swords taking place in a fictitious world, although you could insert pretty much any of those characters into SC without them feeling out of place. The hi tech visors, casual use of technical terminology and intelligence jargon that didn't exist at the time, all lazily explained away with: it's a secret organization, hiding away its technical advancements like Wakanda, only without much actual hiding involved.

I probably wouldn't have minded it as much if there actually was some kind of time-travel involved, or at least if its presence had a real bearing on the plot. Like if Azwel had succeeded in delivering his ultimate seed to humanity, well and truly altering the timeline. As it stands, it just seems kind of indulgent.

It's not really that big of a deal. Just dumb writing, which the game has in spades (along with decent to good writing here and there). Although I wish I didn't have to spend so much time with Groh in Libra of Souls. The moveset is fun, but the guy possesses both the charisma and dullness of a bag of hammers.

Last edited:
anyone else here play on Xbox and encounter noticeable offline lag/delay when navigating the menu/UI?

like, starting Arcade mode and bringing up the character select portraits takes 6-7 seconds.

I'm experiencing that on my Xbox One X but strangely not on my PS4 Pro.

anyone else on Xbox experience such lag/delay? or is it perhaps my Xbox copy is defective?
Dude i have the game on both platforms ps4 runs great but every so often it lags online expected. The xboxone version even offline on character select screen freezes sometimes not to mention online play. I have no idea why and hope they fix it, non the less loving the game.

I'm at my wit's end here... I've been trying at least 60 times to win a certain (optional) match in Libra of Soul and part of me just wants to give up, while another part of me wants to keep fighting.

What should I do? :(

It says in Azwel's character portrait under his fighting style that the concept of waves and their ability to cancel each other out had "been known for some time at this point."

Also, there's literally ninjutsu, demonic power, modified malfested humans, alchemy, golems, automatons, etc etc.

At least those have the modesty enough to say, "it's magic!"

Aval has this weird sci-fi, pseudoscience angle to it.

I'm at my wit's end here... I've been trying at least 60 times to win a certain (optional) match in Libra of Soul and part of me just wants to give up, while another part of me wants to keep fighting.

What should I do? :(

(Probably take a break).

Last edited:
(Probably take a break).

That's probably the best idea. I realize it's just a video game and of course there are far more important issues in the world, but during those 60-ish fights, I was THIS close to throwing the controller out the window. >_< It's one thing to be challenging, but this is just way beyond that.

Holy shit, the game features all this high fantasy stuff and THAT is what bothers you?
It says in Azwel's character portrait under his fighting style that the concept of waves and their ability to cancel each other out had "been known for some time at this point."

Also, there's literally ninjutsu, demonic power, modified malfested humans, alchemy, golems, automatons, etc etc.
Lol it isn't a huge deal but it's still kinda funny to me. I'm aware that robots didn't exist until modern times and othrr stuff but the wavelength stuff stood out to me because i like to laugh at anime concepts being explained poorly by science, whether it's SC, SF, Tekken, or whatever.
Let's completely ignore Groh and his eye-visor.
Unlike the above, however, Groh especially annoys me because he speaks of things with a very clearly modern dialect that only a person today should understand. Like the speech makes sense with Lars or Guile because they're contemporary characters, but nobody said shit like "mission objective terminated" or anything close to that in the 1500s and it just comes off as being tone deaf.
Pretty much everything involving the Aval organization has me rolling my eyes. I know it's a high fantasy series, but this part in particular has so many blatant anachronisms, and is so divorced from the rest of the plot and world, it feels like an excuse to write something that doesn't fit with the established setting of the game. Like Chronicle of the Swords taking place in a fictitious world, although you could insert pretty much any of those characters into SC without them feeling out of place. The hi tech visors, casual use of technical terminology and intelligence jargon that didn't exist at the time, all lazily explained away with: it's a secret organization, hiding away its technical advancements like Wakanda, only without much actual hiding involved.

I probably wouldn't have minded it as much if there actually was some kind of time-travel involved, or at least if its presence had a real bearing on the plot. Like if Azwel had succeeded in delivering his ultimate seed to humanity, well and truly altering the timeline. As it stands, it just seems kind of indulgent.

It's not really that big of a deal. Just dumb writing, which the game has in spades (along with decent to good writing here and there). Although I wish I didn't have to spend so much time with Groh in Libra of Souls. The moveset is fun, but the guy possesses both the charisma and dullness of a bag of hammers.
Yeah, the massive edge combined with the complete tonal isolation from the rest of the cast makes him feel very out of place. Groh feels like a Tekken or MK character lost his way, while Azwel seems like another take at the "savior of humanity" angle that G and Gill do in SF (and arguably would fit in better in SF than either of those do).

I think we all need to remember that this is a completely fictional game in it's own fictional universe... Some people might have spoke with a "modern dialect" in the 1500's within the Soulcalibur universe.

It's a fantasy series about two magical swords that both have a living will who talk through them and "posses" people... People talking with a modern dialect isn't that big of a deal when it comes down to it... Completely fictional universe with it's own rules.

It might not necessarily make sense when you think about it in our real life history, however in a fictional game it can.

Back