Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What is punish? A simple AA? Cause I main Tira and some chara are faster then AA. Also, how do i block a throw when it’s already grabbed and you fall back. Cause i’m tired of getting beat in ranked by players that i can easily be winning from . I have so much to learn when it comes to blocking in time and punishing.
A punish is a move that is fast enough to hit the opponent when they are at enough -frames that they cannot block it.

Most moves are -frames on block. There is block punish and there is whiff punish. A whiff is attacking nothing but air.
Check out the frame data in the soul arenas

As for breaking throws, either it's any attack button or any attack button and back.

What is punish? A simple AA? Cause I main Tira and some chara are faster then AA. Also, how do i block a throw when it’s already grabbed and you fall back. Cause i’m tired of getting beat in ranked by players that i can easily be winning from . I have so much to learn when it comes to blocking in time and punishing.

An opponent performs a move.
You block.
And immediately attempt to hit them back.
The opponent assumes you'll do this and tries to block the incoming hit.
Did you have enough time to hit?
If yes, then you successfully "punished" them for the original blocked hit.
If no, then they were "safe on block".

Of course everything comes out in different frames so its up to you to figure out what is going to get you the best payout. Move "X" maybe fast enough to punish move "Y" but not move "Z".

Breaking out of grabs is not really much of a reaction thing as it is anticipation. You do have to kind of guess that it is coming when they deliberately take closer steps.

The best advice i can give is head into training and use the dummy commands to practice breaking both throws to get a feel for the timing. You can also use that to set AI spamming any move from any character over and over. Then see what options you have to deal with it. Make sure you set the computer to immediately block after doing a move as a secondary action that you'll know if the move is "safe" or "unsafe".

You can't punish with JS AA because it's too slow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If modders are that good cosmetically, they should allow them to release their creations and made them available for download, just like the Sims!

God please, step up this balance patch . . . . Because I know I’m not SO bad that I cannot win a fuckin’ Ranked match, out of ten . . . . and this laggy craziness gives me literally no turn to attack . . .

Dude, they're not even close to the worst BS you will face in this game. They're both slow and punishable on a lot of moves, learn the frames, learn your punishes. Their stances are interruptable most of the time. As a NM/Sieg player, you have to play the keep away game, you have to be defensive and fish for whiffs. Rushdown kills these characters.

Ivy is much, much worse with her long range grab and 66a. If you wanna complain about someone, complain about her.
Oh I hate her to but I dont fight her that much. The real point is that 90-95% of the matches is against those 2 in rank and they are annoyingly cheap and overpowered. As soneone that plays mainly online its hard to fight other characters that are rare cause I don't know what to expect because I havent fought them because its rare because everybody what's to pick the cheap guys. That's why theres a lot of them because they cheap. Also to add im freaking tired of critical edge and reverse edge hungry bastards that rely on them 98% of the time. It does not make the game fun online at all for me period. Stupid gimmick hopefully virtua fighter 6 if it ever comes out it does not follow these clowns with there gimmicks.

Last edited:
Loooool this is ridiculous. I’ve been seeing the same chars in ranked aaaall day. If i hear nightmares cigarette voice one more time i’m throwing my controller at the tv

God please, step up this balance patch . . . . Because I know I’m not SO bad that I cannot win a fuckin’ Ranked match, out of ten . . . . and this laggy craziness gives me literally no turn to attack . . .
It's crazy how you get lag on high bar players and no lag on ones that you should get lag with. They need to patch some characters though limit that reverse edge shit. Some character CE takes to much off while takin who I just playing now her CE doesnt take that much off. People that played this at those tournaments gave out some bad feedbacks.

I hate how when you put pants or panties on a female character they're barely on their ass and you can see the top of the crack of their ass, so unflattering. (Sorry I'm drunk)

Its always been an issue with this series. Mina is the worst i think. Someone should tell PS crack is not sexy... cheeks are sexy.

Its always been an issue with this series. Mina is the worst i think. Someone should tell PS crack is not sexy... cheeks are sexy.
I dont remember it being that way until SCV. I wish ivy had more ass cause that string in the back looks so plain meh. Her cheeks could at least cover the string. Details are needed just imagine it with better budget and better developers. Looks better on a 4k tv with hdr which they lack hdr in soul call but.

Attachments

• 1107181808_HDR.jpg
    1107181808_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 129
the whole ass situation in SC is kinda meh

none of them really have "dat ass"

you can give them big o' titties but when you wanna get a nice ass you're just shit out of luck

smh

I honestly don't know if it's a niche fetish or not considering the amount of sniffs I've seen on 4chan, it's about as popular as feet fetish.

I have this amazing pipe-dream that, assuming SCVI is a big enough success to warrant a sequel with a bigger budget, they redo most assets in the game, character models, hair, textures, lighting, wonky animations, CaS retooled and expanded, new characters as well as returning vets. They already have the core gameplay strong, and proved they can deliver on story and character development. Now just give us the bells and whistles.

Back