Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Given the option, I would absolutely take Dagger, Lance, or Grieve Edge as a DLC character's style, assuming it got the Arcade Edition polishing treatment.

I like the way you think. Dagger and Grieve Edge for sure at least. I'd replace Lance with Katana/shuriken personally but still good.

I honestly do not want to come off as insulting to anyone that enjoys CAS but for me, no matter how much i try to make my "own creation" i just cant unsee the simple fact that it is whoever's moveset pasted on the character.

Add the fact that no matter what, CAS options will never be good and detailed enough to make what i want anyway. From there the only truely meaniningful thing i can actually do is make original costumes for the standard cast. That is something i feel worth doing.

You have only to achieve what you wish to believe.

I'm still trying to figure out why my customized or CAS character portrait doesn't appear in the character select online. Just a blank card. Same for my opponents. Just blank cards. Like they don't even matter...
Hmm kind of ruins the point of making the portraits. Didnt SC5 have that?

(For what it's worth, her projectiles don't look unfair or broken.)

I forgot to address this part but it wasn't the projectiles by themselves. It's that plus back dashes. To my knowledge, no one else has this. Her close range options don't look particularly crippled either.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out why my customized or CAS character portrait doesn't appear in the character select online. Just a blank card. Same for my opponents. Just blank cards. Like they don't even matter...
That sounds like a bug. I've seen inconsistent reports about customized main cast members, where when you're fighting others, you don't see card, but just the same as if you were fighting the normal main cast member, full model and all, but you personally see your card, but for all non main cast unique customizations, I've always seen cards on both sides. I'm on PC, not sure if it might be console only or if you're on PC as well.

Oh man, this might be my favorite thing about CAS in SCVI. I hate the stupid card/photo system and am so thankful I don't have to look at them outside of my own character select screen.

I really don't like all the malfested voices in CAS. From what I've seen online, most of the creations are ugly and awkward. Then there's of course the problem with the hurtboxes. To me CAS is just a hot mess.

Besides, there are better games for character creation anyway.

Just my preference I'm not hating on people who like CAS

My favorite voice announcer is from SC V and second is from IV. Would be cool if in a future update they can allow you can change the voice of the announcer. Also, what's the point in changing background music in CAS if all you can do is change it to random? I thought if you favorite a song you can play it in CAS but nope it only has default and random.

Do y'all think 2B will have the same amount of weapon choices as the rest of the cast and also, how will they decide on how to pair them? Some are a little out there and some may not be used because they reference other games.

I've got the same thing, on ps4. Just blank cards.

I thought to myself surely it wasn't intended to be like this. Its really dumb to go to all the effort of making a cool looking card if you don't even get to show them off to people, and if you can't see theirs.

I really hope they fix this. It is 100% stupid.

Last edited:
Do y'all think 2B will have the same amount of weapon choices as the rest of the cast and also, how will they decide on how to pair them? Some are a little out there and some may not be used because they reference other games.

Geralt has seven weapons as does most of everyone barring Nightmare and Xianghua, so I'm assuming 2B will also get the same amount. They already previewed the Type-4O set so at least we're aware they're not above using some of the more futuristic weapons from Nier: Automata, so we might even get the Type-3 set as usable. It also helps that the weapons in Nier: Automata already come in sets for the most part, not including the funky stuff like the Iron Pipe and the Cypress Stick. Would love to get 9S's Cruel set of weapons.

You know, I didn't even think the cards were supposed to be the CAS pictures. I just thought it was an annoying loading screen for the character models.

Last edited:
Hmm kind of ruins the point of making the portraits. Didnt SC5 have that?
Agreed. SCV did have the portraits and they worked.

That sounds like a bug. I've seen inconsistent reports about customized main cast members, where when you're fighting others, you don't see card, but just the same as if you were fighting the normal main cast member, full model and all, but you personally see your card, but for all non main cast unique customizations, I've always seen cards on both sides. I'm on PC, not sure if it might be console only or if you're on PC as well.
PC here too. Hopefully they patch it soon.

I've got the same thing, on ps4. Just blank cards.

I thought to myself surely it wasn't intended to be like this. Its really dumb to go to all the effort of making a cool looking card if you don't even get to show them off to people, and if you can't see theirs.

I really hope they fix this. It is 100% stupid.

100% STUPID!!! *Throws PC out the window...

Back