Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I am of the opinion that Z.W.E.I.'s identity is not much of a mystery. Simply based on the current information:

I am liable to believe Wilhelm is E.I.N. before he is Z.W.E.I. Aside from the obvious differences in appearance, (their only commonality is a broadly "edgy" aesthetic, same with Grøh) their stories do not match up whatsoever.

Z.W.E.I. was born and raised in a strict monastery before becoming a gang thug, which suggests he's an orphan or clergyman's illegitimate child following the typical kid on the streets path. This is far and away from a knight of royal blood betrothed to his princess cousin and practicing with her since a young age. Moreover, there's been no indication that Z.W.E.I. (who looks to be in his 20s) has any form of immortality, so during the events of SCVI, he's a pre-teen at most. And unlike Viola, he isn't indicated to have amnesia either, so there's no reason for him to have had ignored Hilde while they were both under the care of Schwarzwind. The disparities are too great.

Now compare Wilhelm to E.I.N. Wilhelm is the leader of the Silver Wolves. E.I.N. is a silver wolf. Wolfkrone is inspired by Germanic culture and Wilhelm goes east to the Holy Roman Empire. (Germany) Ein and zwei are German words and Z.W.E.I. spends most of his time around the Holy Roman Empire. There are far more parallels here.

What we know about E.I.N. is that Z.W.E.I. summoned it after being nearly lynched to death on Graf Dumas' orders. This occurred after he disobeyed the order of a "certain patron". Who was this patron? What was the order? Why did the patron make that order? Why did Z.W.E.I. disobey? Why does the patron not factor into Z.W.E.I.'s life from that point onward? Why does he dub it "one" and himself "two" when it's his familiar?

All of this can be explained by Wilhelm being the patron, Z.W.E.I.'s instructor and surrogate father who saved the youth from continuing the life of a bandit. We can then presume that Wilhelm got wrapped up in the Holy Roman Empire's machinations with Graf Dumas and ended up dying/transforming into E.I.N. who then subsequently contracts with Z.W.E.I. after his pupil ignores orders and nearly gets himself killed. Considering that Z.W.E.I. isn't even sure who or what E.I.N. really is, he may just be assuming it's the spirit of Wilhelm and so codenames it as "one".

Overall, I think Z.W.E.I.'s identity isn't the mystery so much as the people and events surrounding him prior to meeting Viola. And I think SCVI is setting up the answer to those questions for the future.

--Forgon

Last edited:
Speaking of letting things go, I will gladly let go of the lesbian barbarian when the pass is fully revealed.

I want that 4th slot revealed ASAP so we can stop peddling how it’s so obvious that we just “have” to have a newcomer because male characters are worthless pieces of shit and the soulcalibur fans demand boobs

Jk the lesbian barbarian is going to haunt the calibur community forever!!!!!!
I'm genuinely curious why you have such disdain for this hypothetical character lol

Um I just had another random thought. Since even some SCIV story characters have been shown, one has to wonder if Li Long or Rock will show up in a future DLC character's story somehow. It seems weird that at least the latter hasn't been referenced. Charade is a bit more complicated since I don't think it can be replicated with a CaS.

And please, keep that top hat goon and his gang away.

I want to see them add a much shorter version of each CE there is. Having the exact same properties(damage, end-positioning of the opponent, etc. ) as the original ones only much shorter in animation. The point is to not make the CEs affect the pace of the battle as much as they currently do.

I'm genuinely curious why you have such disdain for this hypothetical character lol

I actually don’t hate the lesbian barbarian. I love her, as she is a thing of beauty. A twisted warped creation from the minds of Nyte, vergeben and 8wayrun. It’s just such a weird and appalling idea. Why a barbarian woman? Why dark skinned and muscular? What the hell was vergeben thinking? This fan fiction makes no sense and does not correlate with anything about soulcalibur 6. We have nothing about Africa except maybe an Egyptian desert or something in story mode. There’s no plausible excuse that the devs could have even thought of her. Instead they went for anime 101 with azwel and groh. It’s also weird that they say “dark skinned”. Why “dark skinned” just say their ethnicity! If you know anything about soulcalibur you’ll know that they “don’t do” muscular women. Their girls are all the epitome of soft, cute, sultry or sexy. There is no room for the lesbian barbarian, except in our hearts. Lastly, it tells me a lot about you know who that he would prioritize a vapid waifu fiction over a returning character like Yun-Seong.

Project Soul has been rewarding our loyalty with returning characters...it may takes ages but eventually we should get most of the roster that was in SC4

Last edited:
hypothetical character?? GIRL she never started..
She never started!!.jpg

do we have any patch notes for 2.01? or is it just bug fixes?

looks like it's just minor bug fixes.

----------------------
Speaking of this, as Season 2 continues we need to be watchful for patches. If Project Soul seems like they are "slowing down" patches or stuff then Season 3 may not be a reality.

Only saying this because apparently DBFZ hasn't been getting many patches in it's Season 2 state..so that game might not get a Season 3...

I don’t think we should expect much. We have EVO Japan on January 24-26 to get some news. Knowing the record of information being revealed, I doubt we’ll get news this month.

Back