SOULCALIBUR 6 Announced at the TGAs!

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Thank god for steam version. I don't even have a PS4.

He's alive! I tried to send you a pm the other day but for some reason i could never get your name from the auto sugesstions...

It's 4AAA noob. Do you even Soulcalibur? I do miss the JF from SCIV.

Wonder if that's the new JG animation.

STFU. Goddamnit please no Just Guard. Also Mitsu somehow blocked it while blocking high or he fuzzy guarded that shit. Dont know.
I think Just Guard is impossible to balance at its current state. Just heavily benefits fast characters, ruins any strings in the game etc. It sucks big time.

STFU. Goddamnit please no Just Guard. Also Mitsu somehow blocked it while blocking high or he fuzzy guarded that shit. Dont know.
I think Just Guard is impossible to balance at its current state. Just heavily benefits fast characters, ruins any strings in the game etc. It sucks big time.

Me and Hyrul seem to be the only ones who like JG.

My observations:
On Twitter, Xianghua's original Soul Calibur is shown and Mitsurugi looks really young here, and the trailer makes it look like Sophitia experiences some kind of vision while mid-air.

I think Bandai Namco are about to MK9 us (probably going back to the Soul Calibur I/II era). Sophitia receives a vision warning of a grave future, so she changes it. Which might mean all of the Generation 2 characters will be gone while we get most of if not all of the Generation 1 characters back.

As for Mitsurugi not blocking low: He very clearly changes the angle of his sword while blocking to block the low hit. Either some characters no longer crouch to block low or there's a new mechanic that allows you to block low while standing, possibly to prevent themselves from being hit by a mid. (Or it's a trailer-exclusive thing to make it look cooler)

There's a new dodge mechanic: It appears there's a new dodge mechanic. Maybe it will replace Quick Step?

Sophitia's Parry: Either she's parrying those hits or it's a type of auto-GI that can auto-GI several moves (except it didn't GI at the end, so it's a bit confusing).

Power Up State: There seems to be a Power Up State unless that's just the new graphical representation of Guts. But the greater emphasis and graphical effects imply there'll probably be a greater effect to whatever this state is than just some minor damage reduction on hits that inflict little damage. Maybe they'll make it like Tekken 7, where Critical Edges can only be performed while in Guts. Sophitia's animation also makes it look like the powered up state is something that you have to activate manually, so I'm leaning more towards a powered up state that costs meter than just a revamped Guts (though it could be both!).

New Character: I wonder who that is? Unless Kilik been revamped entirely, that has to be a new character.

Mitsurugi's new launcher: Is that a new launcher?

Let the speculation begin: What guest character(s) will appear in VI?

Last edited:
I actually think those are Just Guards, a few multi hit moves in SCV would be JGed, so maybe that is what is happening here or a new guard mechanic that give a counterattack to person pulling it.

The red effect, I'm sure it is just the guard break moves.

Sophitia always had a side step post Angel Step, maybe this time they made it useful.

That said, the gameplay in the trailer is obviously very cinematic, so I doubt all the things in it are meant to be representative of how it will play out and more a choreographed fight using the gameplay to make it look flashy and fun.

I actually think those are Just Guards, a few multi hit moves in SCV would be JGed, so maybe that is what is happening here or a new guard mechanic that give a counterattack to person pulling it.

The red effect, I'm sure it is just the guard break moves.

Sophitia always had a side step post Angel Step, maybe this time they made it useful.

That said, the gameplay in the trailer is obviously very cinematic, so I doubt all the things in it are meant to be representative of how it will play out and more a choreographed fight using the gameplay to make it look flashy and fun.
A new Just Guard animation would make sense, but then why is there a new animation? And why isn't she actually guarding, but instead spinning her shield? Argh, so confusing!

There was no Angel Step shown, though? Unless they just cut out that part for cinematic reasons. I hope we get a new dodge mechanic.

Yeah, some of this is probably staged so that it doesn't look exactly like it will in-game for cinematic purposes.

God please no f-ing guest characters. Let soul calibur be soul calibur.

I know there probably will be, because casual $$$, but I can dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back