SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stream is supposed to last until 8:30 PDT, so there's about 20 minutes left. I'm still going to assume we're not getting any new reveals tonight.
Because, you know, hope only brings disappointment. :sc4amy1:

Actually, to be fair, people playing on new controllers and in particular pros playing is something that should be studied by namco staff and shown.

The controller is so important to a fighting game.. I want to buy a soul Calibur hour stick now. :P

nC2erQA.jpg

Really good matches between Kayane and Xephukai!!! Those lethal hits had me sweating. It's cool to see Yellowtail participate in this.

Okay the stream is over. I see things have already started so I'm going to say now, I DON'T WANNA SEE IT HERE. Nothing was ever said or much less even hinted at about anything more than an exhibition being shown. I told you all to temper your hopes and just wait and see until they give us more. So right now, stop it. Talk about gameplay, different moves, whatever you took from the matches. If you wanna complain go to the shitposting thread. It's what it's there for.

New character reveals would be expecting a bit much, yes, but at least playable Zasalamel/Ivy/Geralt wasn't unreasonable, I don't think. Especially considering that they promoted the event with a poster of Geralt. It was poorly advertised if they knew it was just going to be the same build.

That's really the next question, whether or not we'll get character reveals or a new build that has the current new but not playable characters in it.

Okay the stream is over. I see things have already started so I'm going to say now, I DON'T WANNA SEE IT HERE. Nothing was ever said or much less even hinted at about anything more than an exhibition being shown. I told you all to temper your hopes and just wait and see until they give us more. So right now, stop it. Talk about gameplay, different moves, whatever you took from the matches. If you wanna complain go to the shitposting thread. It's what it's there for.
Dude chill, it is not about false hopes and whatnot, it is more that, for an event advertised the way it was people expected something other than a mini tournament, you can't blame or be mad at people for not partaking in the interests catered at said event. Even from a marketing perspective the event seemed to be too much smoke for little content, yes it was high level play, but that on itself is not very marketable. Just let people respond to the newest content the way they do.

chill ...

I kind of figured it would be the 6-character build again because Final Round was apparently not a planned thing. That might not seem related, but it means that at the time, they were planning to use that build for something else.

It hasn't been announced officially yet, but we're finalizing it. So yes. Hoping to announce with the Texas Showdown staff and Bandai Namco Ent. soon. Make plans to be there :)
Any chance we can expect a more recent build?

I was looking forward to a reveal, but seeing some effective Xianghua play certainly felt refreshing. ^^

I don't understand one thing. Is RE too unsafe to use or even not that useful, or perhaps Xeph and Kayane made an agreement to, essentially, ignore the mechanic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back