SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is RE too unsafe to use or even not that useful
Yup. Even if you do manage to land it (which is not as easy in a real match as it is between two mashers like the game journalists we're used to seeing), it's a 50/50 mixup at best. The sophtia player landed one in the casual matches after the bracket and it cost him the round.

Dude chill, it is not about false hopes and whatnot, it is more that, for an event advertised the way it was people expected something other than a mini tournament, you can't blame or be mad at people for not partaking in the interests catered at said event. Even from a marketing perspective the event seemed to be too much smoke for little content, yes it was high level play, but that on itself is not very marketable. Just let people respond to the newest content the way they do.
Wrong thread. As I said over and over again this is not the thread to air your grievances or wishes. We really take a very lax stance in just about every other thread but some of you continue to push your luck. This will be remedied in the not to distant future if a simple request/instruction of posting in the appropriate thread can not be followed.

Hello there !

The reason why we didn’t use Reversal Edge is only because it was tournament, and we are not sure exactly when to use it correctly without exposing ourselves to the opponent. It’s slow and vertical move, so there is time to step and punish. But i think that in some obvious moves, you can do that instead of a GI, because it’s worth it (allows to build almost half a meter!! Even if you lose the paper rock scissors) that’s great to Soul charge or CE faster!

Also here is a copy paste of a FB message I’ve posted for those complaining about the reason of the stream since there was no announcement :

I don’t understand the persons who say that Bandai Namco streamed for no reason. It got a pic of 10k viewers (because Aris restreamed it and got 5k while Bandai had a pic of 5k)
Its a stream to show that the game exists and can be hype, being played by competitive players. Unfortunately there was no announcement, but I’m happy with the result of viewership for a demo exhibition. It shows that Scvi can have some potential in the future !

I don’t know why you can’t be happy with that. Some generalist médias had time to record footage with a scrub level way before us, then we complained that they didn’t invite real players.
Once they organize an only SCVI event for the whole community, with some exhibition to make it entertaining (and streamed), you still find a reason to be negative whereas it was such a great opportunity to show WE ARE ALIVE and will be there for the game once it’s released.

I’m actually very happy that we showed good matches and an intense finals, because when it’s fun to watch, it motivates people to buy the game, get involved, go in tournaments etc etc.

Besides that, you all have to keep in mind it’s a demo, it still freezes in the game quite a lot, the Xbox controllers are so bad (my first round against Yellowtail, the guard button was not working at beginning dunno why lol), Yellow tail, Ceirnian and myself are stick players...so we all can’t really be at our best for several reasons.

It is not defining at all who is the best, we will see that when the entiere game will be released. For now it’s all about getting hype and share our thoughts about the gameplay and feelings while playing it.

I want to say that I’ve been very happy to see some familiar faces from the community, really. And I can’t wait to travel back again and play with you more ! I had so much fun tonight. Gg to everybody !!!!

I personally enjoyed the stream, high level matches are so fun to watch especially ones between X and Mitsurugi, my two mains, cause I can get a good idea of what they will play like when the game is out. Can't get enough of watching the high level gameplay myself. Also has anyone heard from verge recently?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we enjoyed the stream for what it was, Kayane, and you certainly seemed to enjoy yourself and I enjoyed seeing you play, since most Xianghua players in other gameplay shown so far have been... not great, to put it lightly, it's just the way it was shown with Geralt on the advertisement, and yet Geralt was not playable, and also seeing Zasalamel and Ivy gameplay would have been nice, it could have been more transparent about what our expectations should have been. People got too hyped and got disappointed when expectations weren't met. If, say, four days ago, we knew it would have been on the six-character build, then there wouldn't have been such a backlash, I believe. So if you could pass it along to event arrangers to be more upfront about which characters are to be playable or if there will be a new build being shown off in advance of the event itself, that would help to get rid of some of the negativity. It was a fine stream and a good display of gameplay, it's just people were expecting more than what actually happened.

I watched the stream this morning, that was fun, Mark and RIP entraitaining comentators as usual.

Expected a little bit of news but there wasn't, it's okay i play it safe so i'm not not disappoint like others lol, Ivy and Zasalamel breakdowns should come a bit soon, hoping those will be longer than the past ones and the level of the Geralt one.

Looking forward to April news.

Dampierre reveal at April 1st maybe Kappa

Hello there !

The reason why we didn’t use Reversal Edge is only because it was tournament, and we are not sure exactly when to use it correctly without exposing ourselves to the opponent. It’s slow and vertical move, so there is time to step and punish. But i think that in some obvious moves, you can do that instead of a GI, because it’s worth it (allows to build almost half a meter!! Even if you lose the paper rock scissors) that’s great to Soul charge or CE faster!

Also here is a copy paste of a FB message I’ve posted for those complaining about the reason of the stream since there was no announcement :

I don’t understand the persons who say that Bandai Namco streamed for no reason. It got a pic of 10k viewers (because Aris restreamed it and got 5k while Bandai had a pic of 5k)
Its a stream to show that the game exists and can be hype, being played by competitive players. Unfortunately there was no announcement, but I’m happy with the result of viewership for a demo exhibition. It shows that Scvi can have some potential in the future !

I don’t know why you can’t be happy with that. Some generalist médias had time to record footage with a scrub level way before us, then we complained that they didn’t invite real players.
Once they organize an only SCVI event for the whole community, with some exhibition to make it entertaining (and streamed), you still find a reason to be negative whereas it was such a great opportunity to show WE ARE ALIVE and will be there for the game once it’s released.

I’m actually very happy that we showed good matches and an intense finals, because when it’s fun to watch, it motivates people to buy the game, get involved, go in tournaments etc etc.

Besides that, you all have to keep in mind it’s a demo, it still freezes in the game quite a lot, the Xbox controllers are so bad (my first round against Yellowtail, the guard button was not working at beginning dunno why lol), Yellow tail, Ceirnian and myself are stick players...so we all can’t really be at our best for several reasons.

It is not defining at all who is the best, we will see that when the entiere game will be released. For now it’s all about getting hype and share our thoughts about the gameplay and feelings while playing it.

I want to say that I’ve been very happy to see some familiar faces from the community, really. And I can’t wait to travel back again and play with you more ! I had so much fun tonight. Gg to everybody !!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post here & explaining things & esp thanks for reppin SCVI!

Personally I found it really interesting to watch and definitely felt so much hype from watching it, I'm super excited for SCVI and I don't think anyone should be disappointed.

As previously stated by Kayane it got a significant amount of viewers, most of whom I could tell from their Twitch chat messages had not played SC for a long time but were excited for VI. That kind of attention is invaluable to keeping the series alive. The level of play that we witnessed from this event was surprisingly good despite players only having a limited time to practice, if not no time at all, and this makes me so ready to see tournament game play when the game has dropped.

One good thing about the stream is that we got to hear the main menu(?) music and it's absolutely STUNNING. It just feels so Soul Calibur and nostalgic and new all at the same time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244475636

It goes on for about 4 minutes in the beginning and honestly, I'm blown away. If all the game's ost is just as good, then we're definitely in for a treat.

It’s amazing. Can’t think of any sc game that had menu music this good.

Maybe PAX East might have the news we were expecting?
The fact that there's no word on whether or not SCVI will be there yet, and the way the SF Ring Out event was hyped up like 2 or 3 weeks before it and we STILL got nothing new there makes me skeptical.... but it's bamco, so expect what you normally wouldn't.

It hasn't been announced officially yet, but we're finalizing it. So yes. Hoping to announce with the Texas Showdown staff and Bandai Namco Ent. soon. Make plans to be there :)
Do we know if Combo Breaker will have it? Im super lookin forward to playing.

One good thing about the stream is that we got to hear the main menu(?) music and it's absolutely STUNNING. It just feels so Soul Calibur and nostalgic and new all at the same time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244475636

It goes on for about 4 minutes in the beginning and honestly, I'm blown away. If all the game's ost is just as good, then we're definitely in for a treat.
The first four minutes with the music were honestly my fave part of the whole stream. I mentioned before that I thought the main menu music was going to be relatively calm compared to the others in the series, and would be swollen with orchestral melodies and soft percussion, but I didn't imagine it would sound this beautiful. If it's actually the main menu theme then it'll be my favourite menu theme ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back