SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice trailer! I am glad to see Xianghua in the roster.

I don't remember if this was confirmed already, but it looks like auto-GI moves are back? I love aGI moves, the moment @98s made me happy.

I'm all for any new news is great news but besides happy as fuck that we did get new info I'm hysteric of the tie in factors. (LET THE ANALYSIS BEGIN)

Like I was saying earlier, they sometimes mess up the colors and make the characters look a bit different, like with Groh. His art uses dark black, gray and purple. But for the most part his render is literally just the same shade of dark gray lol

25_sc01-jpg.47951

25_sc02-jpg.47952

Edit: actually, looking at it in a better lighting, they do differentiate the corset color from the pants better than I originally thought. But I think they still could have done more to make it look a little less samey.
Anyone else notice how Grøh's eyepatch thing's eyeball seems to be made from the Dvapara-Yuga?

Are there 2 types of GI and Why did kilik get a lethal hit right after GI'ING his opponent? I keep seeing, like this slow mo kinda GI that has a greater impact or something..maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Did the kali-yuga have mythical powers to begin with? as far as I know only (soul edge and soul caliber)

The Kali-Yuga can absorb the energies given off by both of the Soul Swords. The funky part is that the third treasure of the Ling Sheng Su Temple, the Krita-Yuga, is actually Soul Calibur itself...

I hope we see the removal of the hitbox on SC activation in the new build, otherwise you won't be able to save up two bars so you can hit confirm a move into SC with kilik then go into his special SC critical edge.

I surprised nobody thought of the possibility that Ø is actually a slashed zero. This could potentially be a connection to Z.W.E.I if they decide to go in that direction in the lore. We can only guess.

Speaking of @ZER0 es, your Nighty didn't end up looking like a bug after all. :) I'm glad too, he looks awesome!

I feel like I am stating the obvious here, but Grøh's hair having blue tips normally then transforms when ditching the eyepatching thing (that looks to be made with fragment of Dvapara-Yuga) is meant to represent Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's related effects they have on someone (Soul Edge turns people's hair red when their body is the new host as Nightmare, but the blue hair thing is new though for the other side of things however)

The biggest difference here is that Grøh seems to have control of how far he goes and is at least capable of balancing himself out between the two influences.

You could even assume the choice was symbolic. Having blue tips to represent the one and the obvious red tips for the other may represent how he's "on the tip" of its influence, but not fully succumbing to it.

Last edited:
Looks like they're actually displaying that whole "Dark Seed" business with Kilik instead of merely informing us. Also nice to see the old cast members are back. I'm pretty sure Roger is playing Nightmare, just with his voice heavily distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back